[XBOX] Xbox DVD Kit Remote Control?
hi guys, just want to know if the official xbox-1 remote will work with the qualar 3.1 mod of rapier. saw a remote on flea bay but was a US version, but said it would work on XBMC. is this right for a UK box. or what other remotes could i use.. cheers guys..
remote support is not skin based, so yes it will work with rapier or any other skin for that matter.
The XBox remote needs helper software (like Eventghost or IR Server Suite) on Windows. I don't know how well it works on Linux. A cheap MCE remote would be simpler to get working.

JR
i mean a remote control for the xbox m8, not windows.. thankx anyway for your reply..
@roryson
Xbox remote control sends pretty much the same commands as the Xbox controller, haven't had any problems with any skins I tried, unless of course the skin has a problem in general. Also, it's well worth getting one, it's so much better than using the controller.
i use one too and can only recommend it, but you should buy the original from microsoft and no third party remote. also, you have to figure out what button does exactly what, e.g. that "3" and "6" control the volume levels, since the remote is originally designed for dvd playback only.

one problem though: i still haven't figured out what button on the remote is equivalent to the "black" button on the gamepad, so i cannot switch to a queue in library music mode... but i read somewhere that you can manually assign the buttons by tampering with a xml file.
@VelvetKevorkian
You could try the big Display at the top, that should get you back from full video screen to XBMC interface, while video is playing.

See the Remote buttons section here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Xbox DVD Kit Remote Control?0