XBMC as only OS installed
Lightbulb 
hey there.....well i found an old win box sitting in the tip(recycle) bin at the local tip(dump). since it was being thrown out and no-one cleared it out...i gave it a new home...mine. to cut it short...it worked after i stripped the password off it using ntp/d remover and then cleared all the stuff on it.it has a 10.2g hdd, a 1.7 ghz celeron cpu, upped the ram with an old 256 stick laying around to 512mb. don't have a graphics card laying around so left that stock... Tonguemeh. THEN i had a brainstorm/fart? and decided to wipe the drive of winxp pro(used jellybean to get the key off it if i decide to reinstall xp) and installed the latest XBMC as the main mediacentre operating system. Now...it seems to be a tad slow in the graphics dept but i put it down to it being the on-board-graphics chip....another thing i find is that it freezes when i try to use the svn repo inst. to the get scripts....it gets to 75% and sits there....
Imagethe box with a notsosparelcd Image so now i'm wondering if i should install linux as its only a 10g hdd and then install the xbmc.....gentoox maybe?? damn small linux?? i know the xbmc for xbox offers that so.......wtf2do?? anyhoo....not life or death decision...just effin around with the possibilities. Smile

what do you guys think??
I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with your posting, especially as I can't see shit on your fotos

install XBMC live on the thing and be happy with it, maybe get a passively cooled nvidia card for HD decoding?!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with your posting

something about xbmc in some old hw I suppose. Oo donno, don 't care.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as only OS installed0