Kodi v14 DSPlayer- Getting Next PVR Support To Work
Lightbulb 
I hope someone will sticky this but after pulling my hair I finally got everything working on my system and thought I would share. I could not get Kodi to work correctly with the NPVR plugin. Last version that worked was v12 frodo. Here is what I did...

1. download the final from aracnoz's signature here
2. create an xml file called playercorefactory.xml from the following code. you will cut and pasting xml of which i have no idea how it works, i just know it does...Tongue

PHP Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <
players>
    <!-- 
These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used
:

audiodefaultplayervideodefaultplayervideodefaultdvdplayer

<player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <
player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer

<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->
  </
players>

<
rules name="system rules">
    <
rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <
rule name="hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <
rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- 
dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <
rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- 
Internet streams -->
    <
rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <
rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <
rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </
rule>

<!-- 
DVDs -->
    <
rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <
rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- 
Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <
rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- 
Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <
rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- 
pvr radio channels should be played by dvdplayer because they need buffering -->
    <
rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- 
DSPlayer rulesset network streams to DVDPlayer -->
    <
rule name="other" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </
rules>
</
playercorefactory

3.install kodi v14
4.take the playercorefactory.xml you made and overwrite the one in the kodi\system folder
5.run codi and make sure you set dsplayer to use system merits.

tada... you should be done. i did this and Kodi is now awesome for me and i hope someone else can benefit. i do know that NPVR will not go through DSPlayer but at least with this method it will play. Enjoy.Big Grin
You should not set dsplayer to use system merits. Using custom filterconfig / mediaconfig is the way to go, and with that method you can setup XyVSfilter as subtitle renderer which is much better than default internal dsplayer subtitle.
There is the problem with the 14.0 final. Can be corrected so - Play using ... more DVDplayer. After that will be played normally through the DSP. 13.2 with the same configuration, all output normally.
(2015-01-02, 08:00)oldpoem Wrote: You should not set dsplayer to use system merits. Using custom filterconfig / mediaconfig is the way to go, and with that method you can setup XyVSfilter as subtitle renderer which is much better than default internal dsplayer subtitle.

If you need subtitles for anything and DVDPlayer works for you then go for it. However, for those that want to have total control over their filters and set them once and forget them, I would suggest not using system merits. So far subtitles work well for me even if I don't use them much. I do like to have total control over my filters, and use FFDShow for everything especially my sound. I rely on the Dolby Prologic Decoder as well as others. I have a surround sound system that needs everything output to 5.1 etc... Its easier for me since I am not editing XML files all day trying to get my filters correct in Kodi. I only have to edit my settings in Shark007 Codecs which you can get here http://shark007.net/ I have used this sytem for years and I set all my filters and codecs this way in windows.
anyone know how I can play videos of a specific addon with DSPlayer

PD:
(2015-01-02, 08:00)oldpoem Wrote: You should not set dsplayer to use system merits. Using custom filterconfig / mediaconfig is the way to go, and with that method you can setup XyVSfilter as subtitle renderer which is much better than default internal dsplayer subtitle.

thank you very much ! I was crazy trying to run subtitles
Is this still needed for the Kodi 17.6 with DSPlayer?  I downloaded that version of Kodi and it seemed that MadVR was working with live TV.  I just wanted to double check.
Hello @jdontee

This is a very old thread and applies to v14 of Kodi only.

You are better off asking your question in the active thread here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14 DSPlayer- Getting Next PVR Support To Work0