• 36(current)
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)
Thanks nickr but im still a bit confused.

Post 1 says install zip file, if this was windows i would just extract it then double click the exe file. what i need to know is how do i install the plug in?

the post says to install into the plugin/video path to make it act like a plug in (i presume it means the XBMC plugin/video folder) but i cant find it and once i do manage to find it i still need to know how to install, do i copy & paste it in somewhere? do i have to use the terminal and type in some kind of command?

When i downloaded makemkv the forum gave instructions on how to install (which i dont think we that clear eather) and after a few hours of head scratching i worked it out and got it going.

im sorry if this all seems rather silly but as a linux newbie this is all new to me.
Download the zip file: https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkv.../1.1.3.zip
In XBMC, go to Settings/Add-ons/"Install from zip file" and select the zip you downloaded. And voilà!
(2014-08-17, 13:09)dj_phd Wrote: Thanks nickr but im still a bit confused.

Post 1 says install zip file, if this was windows i would just extract it then double click the exe file. what i need to know is how do i install the plug in?

the post says to install into the plugin/video path to make it act like a plug in (i presume it means the XBMC plugin/video folder) but i cant find it and once i do manage to find it i still need to know how to install, do i copy & paste it in somewhere? do i have to use the terminal and type in some kind of command?

When i downloaded makemkv the forum gave instructions on how to install (which i dont think we that clear eather) and after a few hours of head scratching i worked it out and got it going.

im sorry if this all seems rather silly but as a linux newbie this is all new to me.

Installation of addons from zip files is dealt with in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-ons

The number of posts caused on this forum by failing to read instructions is just mind boggling.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is this method still relevent in light of http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173474
I dont think so.. The libaacs method works really well, best solution for bd playback I have seen so far.
AlexMakukhin Wrote:
The MakeMkv Blu-Ray plugin cannot find MakeMkv. Please configure the plugin to point to it.

What should I do?

If you`re using windows make sure that makemkv is installed to c:\makemkv directory. If it is under program files dir, add-on can't detect it.
Thanks for writing these up. Best script I have. I can finally watch Blu-rays on my Ubuntu box now!
I'm getting a dependencies not met when trying to install from the zip in the link
I have been trying to find how to play blu-ray ripped ISO files.

I get error messages in log about encryption, although the RIP was done with DVDFab which should remove this.

I saw http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173474 about libaacs and followed the instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7009 to install the MakeMKV from zip, and then symlink the appropriate bin files, however I get the same messages when I try to play blur-ray ISO.

It's not clear from threads whether the makemkv method is purely for physical media, or whether it's part of a blu-ray rip solution too, and if so, how they differ (if at all)

Any pointers would be great, I have read lots of threads, however it does tend to confuse more than help when there's lots of deep linux information in there, and not really a step by step guide (that I could see).

Point me at the right place and I will bow down and keep reading ;-)

Thanks

Dave
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Addendum to last post, my installation got bricked - so I had to do a clean install.

I tried to play a different blu-ray, before installing any add-ons and it played out of the box. Kept freezing from time to time, however it played, so it seems it's only certain blu-rays that won't play...

Any thoughts?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2014-08-19, 05:05)gurdalal Wrote: AlexMakukhin Wrote:
The MakeMkv Blu-Ray plugin cannot find MakeMkv. Please configure the plugin to point to it.

What should I do?

If you`re using windows make sure that makemkv is installed to c:\makemkv directory. If it is under program files dir, add-on can't detect it.

I realize this post is a month and a half old, but on the off-chance you see it, I registered specifically so I could thank you. This issue was making me crazy up until...probably two days before you posted this. Then I quit until now. And now it works. YAY!

Thanks!
I'm running Frodo under Windows 7 x64. Blu-Rays play fine but when starting a disc after being stopped it goes through the "Preparing..." and then it starts buffering. Fine so far, but while buffering I receive the following error message:

Cache Full. Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous playback.

It's really just an annoyance as the message clears and the disc plays fine after that.

Is there a setting I can change to eliminate this?
I'm running Frodo under Windows 7 x64. Blu-Rays play fine but when starting a disc after being stopped it goes through the "Preparing..." and then it starts buffering. Fine so far, but while buffering I receive the following error message:

Cache Full. Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous playback.

It's really just an annoyance as the message clears and the disc plays fine after that.

google nexus 9 hülle
I believe the reason is default video cache size of 20Mb

look here how to change the advancedsettings.xml. (or make one in case you never did before)

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

All I changed was
<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize> and added anoter zero to the buffer so it went from 20Mb to 200Mb (it uses RAM to store buffer so don't over do it.

I tried changing <buffermode>1</buffermode> for all local links to cache before playing but it was a bad idea for my setup since I have a NAS and I would experience freezes when playing local files, especially after skiping ahead a bit. So maybe leave that one as default value or don't include in advancedsettings.xml.
But increasing cache helped with Streaming internet files. I was able to never experience buffer issues again.

I imagine this could help your buffer issues with bluray as well.
When I try to install in openelec I get " Dependencies not met " error?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)15