• 10(current)
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD stuttering playback on Apple TV?
http://todayguesswhat.blogspot.com/2010/...le-tv.html

replace 1.0.1 with 1.0.3 and you are good to go
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Thanks,
the link was very helpful. I used the ssh command to add repo to launcher. It installed OK, but since my card has not arrived yet, I remains to be seen.

How to install latest XBMC from snv? Can I use launcher as well? Is there a recommended build for crystal HD, or just the latest? Trac says it is 3 weeks to final release. Do you think it is better to wait or just install now from svn?
Hi Guys,
Is it true that the projects around XBMC were canceled or delayed? There is a lot of activity going on from December till the end of February and then suddenly no binary builds any more. Same with Crystal HD drivers and support. Is there going to be a completely stable version any time soon?
Which one of these is recommended build for Crystal HD?
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/
How can I make a list of these builds appear as install options in Launcher?
So to answer my own question. If you have Apple TV patchsticked and with Launcher and nitoTV installed and all, and you have Crystal HD card and want to enable it in XBMC, then ssh to the box and run these commands to add installation options to the Launcher:

defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist

defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://crystalhd.sartori.at/files/crystalhd.plist

Install latest nightly build of XBMC and install crystal HD drivers. If there is anything missing from these steps, please feel free to add more info.
reddeath Wrote:Hi Guys,
Is it true that the projects around XBMC were canceled or delayed? There is a lot of activity going on from December till the end of February and then suddenly no binary builds any more. Same with Crystal HD drivers and support. Is there going to be a completely stable version any time soon?

Yes, as soon as the donation money for hookers and booze runs out, we will be back at work on xbmc Smile
davilla Wrote:Yes, as soon as the donation money for hookers and booze runs out, we will be back at work on xbmc Smile

* Angrenost falling from the chair Laugh
@davilla, it was a good one )))
so not only is davilla now absolutely addicted to hookers and booze, he's also stealing MY jokes?! Wink

davilla Wrote:Yes, as soon as the donation money for hookers and booze runs out, we will be back at work on xbmc Smile

Angrenost Wrote:/me falling from the chair Laugh

grey Wrote:@davilla, it was a good one )))
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
plz stop donate this man
Wink
I finally got the crystal HD card yesterday. It works fine with the svn build of XBMC. But another issue appeared - networking problem. I am watching all movies (including HD) from a NAS drive. The connection is like that:

Apple TV > 100 Mbit/s cable > Dlink 1522 Wireless-n bridge > Dlink DIR-655 Wireless-n router > 1Gbit/s cable > Synology NAS

I am getting buffering messages a lot when watching HD movies. My router shows that connection between itself and the wireless bridge is 108 Mbit/s most of time, but sometimes drops to 54 Mbit/s. Signal strength is around 60-70%. Buffering (movie playback stopped) happens also when the router shows 108 Mbit/s connection speed.

Does anyone has a solution to this? I spent $150 on getting the crystal HD card and I still cannot watch HD movies without multiple buffering incidents spoiling the joy.

Could you guys implement some workaround in XBMC? Like a bigger buffer for files opened from network drives?
reddeath Wrote:Does anyone has a solution to this? I spent $150 on getting the crystal HD card

EekShocked
WTF?

Anyway...you could try this:

http://devroot.org/2007/05/01/optimize-n...r-appletv/
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Yes, the card was $49, but in Logic supply they only offer DHL express for delivery to Europe which costs $53!. One day after delivery I also got a bill from customs for another ~ $50. I could buy a whole PlayonHD player for that Confused

Will your link also work when I use Ethernet connection to the Apple TV?
Most likely not. So if you have the chance to test it without wireless connection and it works, you could try if the tweak works when you revert back to wireless,
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
reddeath,

Wireless is a bit "iffy" to say the least. The speed your router claims isn't really anything more than some calculations done on the signal strength and noise levels. Your setup is using the 2.4ghz band which is the same frequencies as 802.11B/G. That band has 3 independent channels. That means you'll have a lot of interference from other networks around you.

Make sure your router is setup to use WPA2 and AES encryption. Also make sure it's set at 40mhz band width. That's the only way you can get proper N speeds on most routers (D-link included).

I used 2.4ghz N for a while and could stream one 1080p video across it. Now I'm running both 2.4 and 5ghz bands and can keep up with any demand I've tried. Multiple 1080p streams while streaming HD from the net works without issue now.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD stuttering playback on Apple TV?0