Can XBMC's integrated Python engine be used to control other applications?
Star 
Now i know python,when used to write pluggins, basicly redirects and links you to an online source.Movies ,music i.e. media content. However can it be used to enterface with a existing piece of software and alow a user to use and operate that software from the "XBMC" platform. Can one implament an menu icon for it in xbmc and enitiate it from xbmc? Then likewise shut that same program down and be in xbmc dashboard.
It depends on the applications interface. It might also be some differnces between platforms
much prop's victor. Now how do you determine that the aplication interface is compatable? At which piont a "python pluggin can wrote?
the simplest thing would be to get python to initiate command line instructions non-interactively. you should be able to get python to trigger any application that way just like you can trigger any application from the command line normally.

if you want to interact with it then you'd really need the program to be command line, and use something like the python pexpect module to interact with it automatically, or with user input from xbmc.

i think you need to specify here what kind of application you're trying to control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC's integrated Python engine be used to control other applications?0