XMBC won't start
The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

My system is a new 64x windows 7. I've used xbmc on the beta and other computer without a problem but i've uninstalled and reinstalled as well as downloading a new copy of the installer and nothing has worked. Any help and support is welcome. Thanks in advance for your help
You have to run the directx web installer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You have to run the directx web installer.

... from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...2d8712d553

For some reason that we can't figure out the DirectX installer sometimes fails to install d3dx9_42.dll.

Before you download the DX installer could you look in C:\Windos\Logs and see if there is a file called DirectX.log. If the file is there could you pop a copy on pastebin.com for us to have a look at.

JR
Thanks to Chadoe current svn installer ship a small dx9 installation with it. If the webinstaller fails those files will be installed. if the _42.dll isn't found afterwards a popup will appear to install directx again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC won't start0