DTS HD / True HD on Onkyo 607 + ATi 5000 series
Hi all

Am planning on buying an Onkyo 607 or 807 and was wondering can XBMC do DTS HD and True HD? Can the ATi 5000 series cards bitstream to the Onkyo which then processes into the lossless format? I have been looking around this forum but found threads discussing the ati 4000 series which I believe only does 2 channel.

Am not to worried about XBMC decoding and passing onto the AVR.

Current setup is an Auzentech Prelude connected via Analog out.

If it cant then am going to hold of on buying the AVR and card as I have ripped all my blu ray m2ts files into XBMC.

Thanks all.
There's a thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67027

That deals with this. Short answer is currently, only certain apps will Bitstream True-HD/DTS-MA via the 5000 series. This could of course change in the future.

For now 4000/5000 series (any of the ones with onboard Audio) will send either 7.1 PCM streams to the reciever (so if you've ripped your BD's to FLAC, or if MPC-HC or XBMC is decoding TrueHD to Analogue), or they'll send the lossy DTS Core of the DTS-MA track to the receiver.

Of course they'll also bitstream DTS and DD.
Thanks Nathan.

Looks like will have to wait it out. Hopefully its released in the next XBMC update. Guess its not to bad might wait it out for AVR with HDMI 1.4 and the ATi 6000 series.
And ffmpeg might have DTS-MA decoding by then too at which point, theoretically, it's a moot point since XBMC/Whatever-uses-ffmpeg will do the decoding, and send the PCM streams to the AVR much like the original PS3 did.
Suppose we'll wait and see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS HD / True HD on Onkyo 607 + ATi 5000 series0