MythTV recorded shows into the TV Shows library database
Airtime is available at the moment in the cmyth api. (added it soon after myth updated their docs on the protocol). But we currently don't have any scrapers that can use it so it's not really usefull right now.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus, just making sure that you saw Gamester17's post about thetvdb.com now adding airdate to their api. Good times!
Bit of a resurrection from the dead, but this has come up in a number of forum posts recently.

For the record there is a Trac ticket that deals with adding content to the TV Show library using the original air date. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7197
Did you also follow your original idea to make the content of mythtv database available to xbmc without scraping from an online source? I am looking for a functionality like that as a fallback mechanism when my favorite scraper won't find any information (what happens quite often for non-US movies or tv shows). Is there anybody working on something like this?

Maybe I will try to play around with it but I am very new to all this (xbmc and mythtv) and don't know anything about scrapers. Would it be possible to export metadata from mythtv database as an xml file and then use the scraper mechanism to get this information into xbmc database?

regards,
malte
malte Wrote:Did you also follow your original idea to make the content of mythtv database available to xbmc without scraping from an online source? I am looking for a functionality like that as a fallback mechanism when my favorite scraper won't find any information (what happens quite often for non-US movies or tv shows). Is there anybody working on something like this?

Maybe I will try to play around with it but I am very new to all this (xbmc and mythtv) and don't know anything about scrapers. Would it be possible to export metadata from mythtv database as an xml file and then use the scraper mechanism to get this information into xbmc database?

regards,
malte

Not yet, but it's on my list. Time left over for coding at the moment is short given it's now summer here in New Zealand.

There are some other options that may not require the TV Shows to be scraped into the XBMC database since the myth:// source already populates all of the VideoInfoTag information that it can. If I get one of the other developer suggestions to work I'll add the information on how to the MythTV wiki page.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I already tried the myth:// source but it is not really working for me. I had some weird results in database afterwards.

I just learned about nfo files and I think that will be my next try. Actually I am using outleradams mythical librarian script to prepare my recordings before they get imported. It is already using mythtv database to do its job and it is not far away to create additional nfo files for the items it can't find at an online source.
I do know that the TMS-based grabber I use gives the TMS program ID, which consists of the "Show ID", followed by the number of the show. So, for example, if you had:

SH007135160000

That would be a generic (un-numbered) episode of "Medium", which is Show ID 713516. If you had:

EP007135160113

That would a showing of the 113th episode of Medium (In this case, the episode "Psych", which is (in this case), Season 6 Episode 13). The grabber I'm using (mc2xml) doesn't provide the "Original Air Date", but it seems that data is missing from TMS' feed anyway, as it doesn't seem to be in Schedules Direct's feed either.

I'm not sure how/if this helps, but it is good to know.
I could look at putting in support for a regular expression to parse out the season and episode number from the program ID if the original air date isn't set.

Let me know if you'd consider using that. Would be done as an advanced setting underneath <myth>.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV recorded shows into the TV Shows library database0