Xbmc replaying video every 3 or so seconds
Hi guys

New to this, so sorry if this is something incredibly dumb.

Whenever I try to play a video it automatically restarts the file on a continued loop every 3 seconds or so, sporadically at longer intervals

Fresh install on vista machine

It also comes up with a playlist error, saying it can,t find previous item to play. I think the issues might be linked, however the odd thing is, if I bring up my task bar, playback operates as it should, same if I minimize xbmc and do some computing I can hear the audio play through

Have I selected a menu item somewhere I dont know about

I should mention I have no playlists set.

Cheers guys
debug log (wiki) needed.
Hi Sorry about that - i found the thread on productive posting after i had already done it

here is the log
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/50182515/file.html

I left a single tv episodfe on which repeated constantly as stated - but maybe not as quickly as three seconds all the time - i then brought up my taskbar and let it play a while normally and then got rid of the taskbar and it resumed the loop - if that helps at all in terms of the log.

I hope this makes some sense, my brother did a cl;ean install on his comp the other day - we have both done the exact same thing, except his works flawlessly and i have this

Cheers for the help guys and sorry again about the bad posting

Cheers
B
Something is constantly sending the "SkipPrevious" command constantly. If I understand the debug log right, I think it's a multimedia key on your keyboard (the ones that are Play, Stop, Next, Previous, etc).

Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net and it will tell us which key is being pressed.
Hey guys

so i think that small pointer has sorted the issue for me - it turns out after checking and disabling one by one any an d all of the remote/keyboard apps i have that my wife had packed away the physical keyboard in the cupboard with everything lying on it.

Hence the continued pressing of the rewind button

Thankyou all so much for your kind help and if anyone else runs into this - i hope these posts help, no matter how stupid it appears to be

Cheers
B
I really have a hard time to not do a facepalm on that ... can't resist ... *facepalm* Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
To be honest, far too often have I come across something similar, tried to figure it out, pulling out my hair, only to find that I was sitting on the damn remote :D
That story really made my day! One of my Universal remotes has an advertised "anti-butt-press" feature that disables a key if it detects that it is being pressed continuously. Smile So, this must be such a commonplace occurrence that product manufacturers have deemed it useful to design a countermeasure to it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc replaying video every 3 or so seconds0