Can't view XBMC via VNC
Sad 
Hi there,

I use VNC to log in into my HTPC and customize XBMC. I used to be able to view it before, now when I start XBMC all I get is a blank screen.

I have used the search function and saw a post mentioning enabling the mirror driver, I have that enabled by default but I disabled it and enabled it to test it out and it doesn't work either way.

I have looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to be an issue that is encountering a lot of people (or anyone at all) but I would like some help if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with an ATI 4670 card on my HTPC (if that's at all relevant) and using RealVNC Enterprise 4.5 (x64) on my client machine and (x86) on the host machine.

I would like to mention that I'm also running MediaPortal on my HTPC and it doesn't have the same problem, I can view and control it with no issue.

Thank you.
in the old days, i also wanted to use vnc to configure remote machines, but then opengl was the default display engine used, and to the best of my knowledge, vnc doesnt support passing opengl.

now of coarse, xbmc now uses directx, and i assume the answer will be the same... that id be surprised if directx was passed along with vnc.

i may be wrong, but i think this will be the answer you will be getting...

regards,
Dam0
I have XBMC running on WinXP, and VNC to it does work though it's very slow.

If you press \ this will switch XBMC to windowed mode. Try that and see if it makes a difference. You can press \ to switch back to full screen.

JR
I used to use VNC - Too clunky for my HTPC needs.

My favorite way to get access to my HTPC box is to enable concurrent sessions in Windows 7 and use Remote Desktop.

This way I can connect to my HTPC with a different user and not interrupt XBMC from playing. Install software, kill the xbmc process, perform upgrades and the like - similar to Nomachine NMX on Linux.
Well for the record, RDP also didn't work.

But the good news is pressing \ worked, for some reason I see a blank screen in full screen mode, but windowed mode worked like a charm.

Thanks jhsrennie and everybody for trying to help. I appreciate it.

- ABADi
deleted - wrong forum
deleted - wrong forum
Question 
ABADi Wrote:Well for the record, RDP also didn't work.

But the good news is pressing \ worked, for some reason I see a blank screen in full screen mode, but windowed mode worked like a charm.

Thanks jhsrennie and everybody for trying to help. I appreciate it.

- ABADi

MMM Had the same problem now after installing the new dharma
used to use realvnc all the time and suddenly with uninstalling and reinstalling the new version with new profile it didn't work
the \ also saved my ass...
would like to know though why a full screen wont work ?
running w7 ultimate on both machines ... gig network...
Did this ever go anywhere? I just upgraded my Revo to Windows7 and had to start with a fresh install of everything. I now get blank screen in my vnc viewer when in full screen mode.
I got this working by enabling "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't view XBMC via VNC0