Announcing ccxstream-1.0.15-unrar_v2
download: http://pike.xboxmediacenter.de/ccxstream...v2.tar.bz2

note: this only works on unix for now...

ccxstream-1.0.15-unrar_v2
-------------------------

this is a version of ccxstream 1.0.15 which has been patched to include support for streaming video from rar files.
when your xbmc (xbox media center) is connected to a ccxstream_unrar server and you launch a file with the extension
.rar or .001, the server will call /usr/bin/rar and send unrared data on the fly. no temporary space is required, the
unrared data is sent directly to the xbox and not stored on your server hd. the file extensions that ccxstream_unrar
looks for inside your rar are *.avi *.avi *.mpg *.img *.bin *.ogm. this was added in ccxstream.c.

another change made in this version is that date+time info is sent for directory listings so sort by: date works on
directories in xbmc. this was added in ccxfile.c.

note that seeking is disabled when you're watching .avis from rars. with mpeg1/2 material you can still seek forward.
the change that was necessary on the xbmc side to support streaming from rars was to launch mplayer with parameter
-noidx, which skips loading the avi index from the end of the file as it isn't available when starting to unrar.

you need /usr/bin/rar installed to use the rar streaming feature. versions 3.30 or 3.40 work fine.
support for .001 named files was added in xbmc on 2004-10-28, .rar support was added around april 2004.

in your xboxmediacenter.xml config file, make sure .001 and .rar are added in the <videoextensions> tag, e.g. like this:

.nsv|.ts|.ty|.strm|.rm|.rmvb|.m3u|.ifo|.mov|.qt|.divx|.xvid|.bivx|.vob|.nrg|.img|.iso|.pva|.wmv|.asf|.asx|.ogm|.m2v|.avi|.bin|.dat|.mpg|.mpeg|.mp4|.mkv|.avc|.vp3|.svq3|.nuv|.viv|.dv|.fli|.rar|.001

for connecting to ccxstream_unrar add a bookmark in the <video> section like this:

<bookmark>
<name>xbms</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.1.1:1400/</path>
</bookmark>

optionally you can also specify a directory to start in (xbms://ip:1400/directory)

run "make" to compile. it's known to work fine on linux but should also work on bsd (freebsd, mac osx).
if you get errors about libreadline, try removing the ldflags line from the makefile and run make again.
libreadline is only needed for ccxtest (the test client) and not the server.
a win32 port is currently not available but would be welcome...

kudos to puhpuh for writing ccxstream, this is only some small patches added to his code.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
oh can't wait to see this done for windows os soon!!..
sweet!
is there some older version with the unrar part that works for windows?
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
i installed that on my kurobox (a nas with a ppc 266mhz and linux running).
btw i needed to replace "/usr/bin/rar" with "/usr/bin/unrar" in the source code as rar is not available for the kurobox (mac ppc version doesn't work), but unrar source code is available (so i compiled it Wink) !
all i can say : it's amazing ! it's working perfectly Smile i can play movies that are in .rar archives !

thanks a lot poing !
lolm this is sooo old. actually with current cvs, this support is broken i think. we now got built-in rarsupport over any streaming protocol, except ccx it probably conflicts with this support.

the new built-in support is even better...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

recently a "handle archives" option was added to settings due to this conflict. unfortunately, the option is media type specific (music, video, pictures) which leads to a new problem:

if i were using ccx with unrar support for one video bookmark, and had another local hard drive video bookmark, i would only be able to access rar's on one of the two bookmarks. the only way around this issue is to make the option bookmark specific.

we could add a new bookmark option which defaults to "yes" so the user has to specifically disable it.

<bookmark>
<name>movies on ccx</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.1.1/movies/</path>
<handlearchives>no</handlearchives>
</bookmark>

or make a new protocol type (xbmsrar?) so we can distinguish between them without the need for a new boolean attached to all shares.

<bookmark>
<name>movies on ccx</name>
<path>xbmsrar://192.168.1.1/movies</path>
</bookmark>

lastly, we could just remove the option completely and no longer support ccx with unrar since its now supported natively. this means users will need to change their streaming server.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
last option is where we're gonna go, also spiff will add support for incomplete rar's say 1-20 of 40 will be possible, without seeking then ofcourse.

cool
hi,

just fixed the issue with ccx+builtin rar support (may the author of cxfilexbmsp feel some slight pain Wink)

i'd say that ccx-unrar should be considered deprecated from now, and removed completely for the next point release..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing ccxstream-1.0.15-unrar_v20