remote buttons in windowed mode
I have searched and no-one else seems to have mentioned this, probably because it is not really a big deal but some of my remote buttons do not work in XBMC when windowed (not fullscreen).

The only ones that don't work are stop, play, pause and skip, ironicly the only ones I actually want to use while windowed.

for the most part this isn't a problem but sometimes I use XBMC to play music while browsing from the sofa and then it gets irritating.

I'm running XBMC on karmic with a Logitech harmony using a cyberlink receiver acting as a keyboard. I believe the buttons are sent as standard play/stop buttons on any normal keyboard.

Any insights would be appreciated
Maybe the window loses focus when you have it in windowed mode and as such the commands are not sent to the right window when received?

If so, you can try mapping those commands via irexec, which will allow you to program both what the remote code does when received as well as to which window it sends the command.

Check out this link, and pay particular attention to the options you can add for directing a command to a specific window (for me using XBMC as the window name works).

What I'd suggest you do here is just ensure that whatever command is received when you press a given button is hard coded in irxevent to always send the correct key press to XBMC. Here are two examples from my .lircrc file (located in your home directory)

Code:
# Maps LiveTV remote command to tab key, which is the FullScreen
# function in XBMC

begin
        prog = irxevent
        button = LiveTV
        config = Key Tab XBMC
end

# MAPS RECTV BUTTON TO SHOW MOVIE LIBRARY - REQUIRES
# THIS FUNCTION TO BE MAPPED TO THE F2 KEY IN KEYBOARD.XML SINCE
# IT IS NOT A DEFAULT ACTION

begin
        prog = irxevent
        button = RecTV
        config = Key F2 XBMC
end

If you end up using this functionality, you'll need to autostart irexec on boot.
na it's not a focus issue, it happens when the window is focused too, but I will look into what you have posted more, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote buttons in windowed mode0