[WINDOWS] Portable XBMC - how portable?...
Question 
Hello,

Forgive me if this has been asked before but the search function isn't working for me currently.

I recently set myself up with XBMC on a WinXP computer and the Aeon skin. very impressed with it but I'm due to move to a newer desktop computer. If I install XBMC Portable on the external hard disk currently housing my video files and make sure that the disk always has the same extension when plugged in will this transfer library data and scraped information etc whereever I go with the external disk? I ask out of laziness as I don't want to have to rescrape 200+ films and 200+ TV Episodes whenever I switch computer and also can't be bothered to manually place stuff in the show/film folders.
Yes, as long as your sources.xml file doesn't refer to any source that might change.

JR
Cheers,

Worked but anyone else trying this should make sure they launch the portable XBMC with the -p switch otherwise it stores the userdata folder (and therefore sources.xml and various others) locally and doesn't update the one on the external disk - failed on my first go lol. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Portable XBMC - how portable?...0