[MAC] Use Mac Book Pro Express Card 34 slot for Broadcom Mini-PCI-express?
Question 
Hi,

I have ordered 2 Broadcom chips. I for my Apple TV and 1 for my MacBookPro.

My MBP has an express card 34 slot. I have a Mini PCI express Broadcom chip.

Are there people who want to use the broadcom chip with with there MBP and how do yo connect it.

I have searched google and Ebay and not found a correct adapter for express34 to mini-PCI-express?
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
I have purchased test equipment from these guys before:
http://www.hwtools.net/Buy_It_Now.html
They make a full range of adapters (you would probably want the MR11-EC2C)
They have consistent build quality but they are strictly a test equipment operation so don't expect anything in the way of tech support. I must admit that I am a little confused by the reasoning for wanting to do this though (I can see for "because it's there" testing or code writing but as a viewing solution it's sort of silly as the MBP can easily handle the decoding without the Broadcom card.
Seth
Your best bet is to use an ExpressCard version of the CrystalHD hardware. The cost to buy one will likely be less than that of an adapter, and the size is likely to be smaller. I picked one up late last year on eBay for about $80 USD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0462888002
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you for the replies.

the 1080 4.1 Encoded mkv of Earth brought my mpb to its knies with the birdscene, so that's why I asked
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Has anyone actually found the ExpressCard 34 version of the CrystalHD card for sale recently?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Use Mac Book Pro Express Card 34 slot for Broadcom Mini-PCI-express?0