• 138(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
I turned on debug in Eden to check but the times were roughly the same. Hopefully someone else using Linux can compare. The only difference is I run git with portable but I can't imagine that would make the difference. I'm sure when I tried the changes previously the times were around 100ms. If I can find anything definitive, skin, addons etc. I'll let you know.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I'm running in portable mode as well. When developing I run in portable mode in Confluence but both Eden and current master have the same movie sources with approximately 550 movies. Skins etc shouldn't have anything to do with this. The only other thing that can slow JSON-RPC request over HTTP down is if there are a lot of other requests at the same time. IIRC we handle 4 simultaneous requests (sounds low but that's what a lot of the big webservers like Apache etc do by default as well). But as there was no simultaneous HTTP request handling in Eden it would even be slower there.
I can try on linux sometime next weekend (got 4 exams coming up next week).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

I was trying to update the playcount from a movie in order to mark a video as watched/unwatched in xbmc. (using latest nightly build)

Set movie as watched: Works, but lastplayed field in db is empty, shouldn't this be updated to the current date if playcount was 0 before?
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 1 }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

Set movie as watched: works
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 1, \"lastplayed\" :  \"2012-07-02 11:25:37\" }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

Setting the movie as unwatched does not work. Tried the following two requests
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 0,  \"lastplayed\" :  \"\" }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 0 }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

both return
Code:
{
    "error" : {
        "code" : -32602,
        "data" : {
            "method" : "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails",
            "stack" : {
                "message" : "Received value does not match any of the union type definitions",
                "name" : "playcount",
                "type" : ["null", "integer"]
            }
        },
        "message" : "Invalid params."
    },
    "id" : 1,
    "jsonrpc" : "2.0"
}[/quote]
(2012-07-02, 11:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: Hi,

I was trying to update the playcount from a movie in order to mark a video as watched/unwatched in xbmc. (using latest nightly build)

Set movie as watched: Works, but lastplayed field in db is empty, shouldn't this be updated to the current date if playcount was 0 before?
Thanks for mentioning it. I changed it in master.

(2012-07-02, 11:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: Setting the movie as unwatched does not work. Tried the following two requests
Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 0,  \"lastplayed\" :  \"\" }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

Code:
curl  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails\", \"params\" : { \"movieid\" : 1, \"playcount\" : 0 }, \"id\" : 1 }" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc | python -mjson.tool

both return
Code:
{
    "error" : {
        "code" : -32602,
        "data" : {
            "method" : "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails",
            "stack" : {
                "message" : "Received value does not match any of the union type definitions",
                "name" : "playcount",
                "type" : ["null", "integer"]
            }
        },
        "message" : "Invalid params."
    },
    "id" : 1,
    "jsonrpc" : "2.0"
}
Found the bug and fixed it as well. Thanks for letting me know.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
When you have a spare minute I'm still getting a segfault with pre-frodo.
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": { "limits": { "start" : 303, "end": 349 }, "properties" : ["rating", "thumbnail", "playcount", "file"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "label", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": 1}
If "start" is <303 it seems to work. I ran gdb and crashed it. I have no idea with gdb so this may be no help whatsoever.
Code:
std::_Rb_tree<Field, std::pair<Field const, CVariant>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<Field const, CVariant> >, std::less<Field>, std::allocator<std::pair<Field const, CVariant> > >::_M_erase (this=0xad1f7e8, __x=0x1)
    at /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_tree.h:1064
1064              _M_erase(_S_right(__x));
http://pastebin.com/KRiYz30A

Anything else I can do to try and find the problem?
(2012-07-04, 19:23)Mizaki Wrote: When you have a spare minute I'm still getting a segfault with pre-frodo.
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": { "limits": { "start" : 303, "end": 349 }, "properties" : ["rating", "thumbnail", "playcount", "file"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "label", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": 1}
If "start" is <303 it seems to work. I ran gdb and crashed it. I have no idea with gdb so this may be no help whatsoever.
Code:
std::_Rb_tree<Field, std::pair<Field const, CVariant>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<Field const, CVariant> >, std::less<Field>, std::allocator<std::pair<Field const, CVariant> > >::_M_erase (this=0xad1f7e8, __x=0x1)
    at /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_tree.h:1064
1064              _M_erase(_S_right(__x));
http://pastebin.com/KRiYz30A

Anything else I can do to try and find the problem?

Fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/76b1...6f009eb234
That's great, thanks.
(2012-06-04, 16:55)Montellese Wrote: Yes after Eden jmarshall has changed the way XBMC caches images. They are now referenced with an URI of the following schema:
Code:
image://<url encoded uri from where the image originally came>
and that's also what you should get through JSON-RPC. You should still be able to URL-encode the whole image URI you get through JSON-RPC and call http://<ip>:<port>/vfs/<url encoded image path> but you should switch to using http://<ip>:<port>/image/<url encoded image path> which (in the future) will provide additional functionality like automatic image resizing during retrieval etc. So basically nothing has changed, the returned URIs just look different.

I'm trying the yesterday alpha and it seems there's some speed problems.
This request on same numbers of movies ( Request : {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovies","params":{"properties":["director","genre","plot","rating","runtime","sorttitle","studio","thumbnail","title","trailer","playcount","year"]}}) takes like 1 sec more (around 1000 movies)

And the very most annoying part the image download are slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (i still use the /vfs).
Image takes like 10 time more times to download on android perhaps more.

I use optimizations that should only download the file header then download the file in an optimised way for target small resolution
Don't really know what it does with webserver but worked perfect before Frodo.

The used code : (Image size is 240 for my batch downloads of thumbs).

Code:
private Bitmap downloadImage(ImageInfo image, int ImageSize) {
        Bitmap b = null;
        try {

InputStream is;
            int scale = 1;
            // Decode image size
            if (ImageSize > 0) {
                BitmapFactory.Options o = new BitmapFactory.Options();
                o.inJustDecodeBounds = true;

is = getImageStream(image, NETWORK_TIMEOUT);
                BitmapFactory.decodeStream(is, null, o);
                is.close();
                is = null;
                if (o.outHeight > ImageSize || o.outWidth > ImageSize) {
                    scale = (int) Math.pow(
                            (int) Math.round(Math.log(ImageSize
                                    / (double) Math.max(o.outHeight, o.outWidth))
                                    / Math.log(0.5)));
                }

}
            // Decode with inSampleSize
            BitmapFactory.Options o2 = new BitmapFactory.Options();
            if (ImageSize > 0) {
                o2.inSampleSize = scale;
            }
            o2.inJustDecodeBounds = false;
            o2.inDither = true;
            o2.inScaled = false;
            o2.inPreferredConfig = Bitmap.Config.RGB_565;
            is = getImageStream(image, NETWORK_TIMEOUT);
            b = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(is, null, o2);
            is.close();
            is = null;
        } catch (Exception e) {
            if (Logger.LOG_WARN)
                Logger.LogWarning(TAG, "Exception : " + e.getMessage());
        }
        return b;
    }

I am using a similar piece of code to download images. The code is actually still downloading the whole file but uses less memory on the android device to decode the file into a bitmap.

And since some images are sent in 1920x1080 it is slow to fetch the files.
Well the problem is :
Same Android code / same database same images (I use multi threaded limited to 2 thread on my SIII for tests).
- Eden : image are correctly downloaded 2 by 2 more than 10 images in 1 sec.
- Frodo : image seems to have troubles being downloaded 2 by 2 and it's more 1,5 sec / image

And I repeat same code same database same images Sad

Edit : And of course same phone same computer 2 install in portable mode
Ok got it Smile

Using /vfs or /image is clearly not the same Smile
I should have figured out earlier but did not focus on correct things for tests

But using /vfs will get the original file that can be a 3MB full sized png from source (Can be a web server or a slow NAS).
(BTW using /vfs/image:// does not work so I stupidely removed the image:// part)
Using /image will get the cached image that is correctly resized by xbmc and local to xbmc.

That explain the very big speed difference, should be clearly stated for people that will port from Eden to Froyo Smile
Requesting thumbnail is an extra query per movie, so that will be slow.

For the image download, my guess (and it's just a guess) is that the images you have in your texture cache are much larger than they were in Eden - reason is that there was a period of about 2-3 months where they were cached at fullsize. If that's the case, then you have to transfer much more data across the network to do the resize. Latest master (i.e. after the music thumbs were slotted in) will cache art at a lower resolution, so this should speed things up (they'll be cached at around 1/4 the size as before).

Oh, and if using vfs (which you shouldn't in frodo, ofcourse!) the image:// URL you pass in has to be URL encoded, else it won't work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

See my last post Smile

The problem was more a problem about /vfs and not a problem with /image that works ok.

Edit :
- Why is the thumb send from JSON already urlencoded ? this lead to have the url encoded twice ?
Is there a way to get last added favourites with JSON RPC ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I think it's not possible the way some users use favourites :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1144455
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2012-07-10, 00:12)Tolriq Wrote: Edit :
- Why is the thumb send from JSON already urlencoded ? this lead to have the url encoded twice ?
Because otherwise it's not a valid URL. The way it is now you can take whatever JSON-RPC provides you for thumbs/fanart and directly pass it to the /image handler of XBMC's webserver.

(2012-07-10, 12:02)mikebzh44 Wrote: Is there a way to get last added favourites with JSON RPC ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I think it's not possible the way some users use favourites :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1144455
No there is no support for accessing favourites (unless it's somehow possible over the VFS and therefore through JSON-RPC's Files.GetDirectory).
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8