• 190(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
Again the bad guy Smile

Thanks for the todo list. But is it possible to have some green in it ? Soon my beta phase and to have chance to reach May merge window Smile
Black doesn't mean that it won't be accepted. It simply means that it needs some discussion on how to implement it and how to define the API.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes this is well explained Smile

Let me change the wording is there anything i can pick for my xbmc work next week Smile
Hi,

Is it possible yet check is specific channel is recording (PVR), no optin in PVR.GetChannelDetails? (can check if server is recording PVR.GetProperties but no for specific channel)

Will be appreciate if you can put status in PVR.GetChannelDetails or PVR.Record.

Thx
Ok so found by luck that the Todo list was updated with a little green of something already done and something 1 hour work Smile (PR already updated for this).

2 months asking and no results this can kills motivation a lot ....

I totally understand that you prefer coding instead of doing management but management is part of the job or perhaps someone else on the team could help you for this part.

I must admit I now have no more idea of how communicate and work on Xbmc can be done.
For example http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161770 open since 3 weeks linked in lots of threads or PM but no way to have feedback ?
This is a simple yes or no there's not really choices or debates on how to do this (a copy of playlist.swap int from int to).

And yes I know you are very busy, but still have found time to implement the http range thing that was not in your todo Smile
And yes you can do what you want with your time but please gives an official statement about that so I stop loosing my time trying to find a way to get things getting better and looks for something else to do.

And yes my english is limited so this message may seems a little rude but I don't have better way to says my frustration on this Smile

PS : Favourites did save the windows path also as videodb://1/2 and are well also broken Smile
(2013-04-28, 13:09)Tolriq Wrote: I totally understand that you prefer coding instead of doing management but management is part of the job or perhaps someone else on the team could help you for this part.
No it's not because it's not a job.

(2013-04-28, 13:09)Tolriq Wrote: I must admit I now have no more idea of how communicate and work on Xbmc can be done.
For example http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161770 open since 3 weeks linked in lots of threads or PM but no way to have feedback ?
This is a simple yes or no there's not really choices or debates on how to do this (a copy of playlist.swap int from int to).
Just start working on something you like. I do it all the time and I have no clue if it will be accepted into mainline. I work on it until I think it's ready, then I make a PR and wait for someone to look at it and make the necessary adjustments. If it's rejected it's touch luck but it happens to anyone. I'm currently not really working on anything JSON-RPC related so the "danger" of us doing the same thing does not really exists right now.

(2013-04-28, 13:09)Tolriq Wrote: And yes I know you are very busy, but still have found time to implement the http range thing that was not in your todo Smile
It's not on the TODO list because it's not really something for JSON-RPC.

(2013-04-28, 13:09)Tolriq Wrote: PS : Favourites did save the windows path also as videodb://1/2 and are well also broken Smile
I'll look into calling the proper conversion method when opening a video/music window so that it should work again for Favourites and ActivateWindow().
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It may be nobody job but such a big project needs management Smile

I could argue again that keeping backward compatibility for only half of the things make little sense so you should break or keep but I doubt it serves anything. (And wont tell again that in this same thread you did encourage using them :p)

If I'm good in my job and in things I do it's in big part because I use my time efficiently and avoid doing things for nothing.
Coding for nothing don't fit my way of acting, every body's time is precious.
The danger of doing same thing is near 0 and not a real problem, the problem is more about things the Team think that must be done and how they must be done and plans they have that render some temporary things useless.
One easy sample would be the SendKey feature asked by lots but refused by the team.

So for now I give up.
Hi
I am sorry, but this day i could not fallow the changes in the Gotham, so i am a little lost.
So, are we able to request a image in a specific size ? This will help me a lot guys, because my interface for xbmc in the ipad its inside my automation interface, resize the images using the ipad make my lists don run smooth.
Very thanks
Clayton

Another question guys,
Where i can find all the changes in the JSON since the Frodo release ?
Nope there's no custom image resizing yet but it's still on the TODO list.

Here's a more or less up-to-date list of all the changes since the Frodo release: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1358657
Very thanks Montellese.
Another, newbie question, sorry. I am trying to find in the JSON V6 documentation how to directly open the menu Subtitle but i only find the showvideomenu in the Input.ExecuteAction . I am trying to open the submenu that let us to download new subtitles, someone told me that Xbmc Constelation do that.
Very thanks for your help
Clayton
Check GUI.ActivateWindow. Not sure if the subtitle download window is available there though because it's not really an xbmc dialog but comes from an addon.
I am sending the command RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles) to the xbmc event server to open the subtitles download screen in Music Pump XBMC Remote

However I don't think that it is possible to send the same "Runscript" command using json-rpc
(2013-05-01, 21:55)Millencolin007 Wrote: I am sending the command RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles) to the xbmc event server to open the subtitles download screen in Music Pump XBMC Remote

However I don't think that it is possible to send the same "Runscript" command using json-rpc

Have you tried Addons.ExecuteAddon?

EDIT: Just tried the following and it works as expected:
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addonid": "script.xbmc.subtitles" }, "id": 1 }
Yes that works. I didn't try this new api function since I had to support older xbmc versions (eden) as well
Thanks guys, its working now, i did not know that was a plugin.
Ok, next newbie question.
I just insert in my interface this code :
Quote:self.rpc("Input.ShowOSD", {}, self.logReplyData);
I am using a skin that take long time to show the music OSD, so i put the command above to force the player osd to show when a playlist is played.
I see that the code its ok,
Quote:> id = 18
jsonrpc = 2.0
result = OK
but nothing happens in the skin, still in the home window.
There is another way to do that ?
Thanks.

p.s i tried with the GUI.ActivateWindow too, but several weeks ago, i will try again. Sometimes i forgot to take a look here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs , maybe i did something wrong in the previous. But will be nice if i can force to show the player, music or video, with one single command.
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8