• 192(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
Small inconsistency/bug with audio streams
- When changing the audio stream over the xbmc ui, xbmc remembers the selected stream when the movie is resumed later on.
- When changing the audio stream using json-rpc it falls back to the default stream after resume
Any thoughts on post #2860, @Montellese? When modifying the more common fields I'd have thought there might be some quick wins there...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello, how is it possible to access the *.m3u-Files in musicplaylists? Files.PrepareDownload doesn't work with "special://musicplaylists/somePlayist.m3u" as path. So I can't get the right download-path to access them over the vfs.
Are there other possibilites?
I love this feature of Yatse and I've always wondered, how Tolriq does it...
Thanks
Another bug in recent Gotham concerning audio artists.

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbumDetails", "params": { "albumid" : 3433, "properties" : ["artist","artistid"]} , "id": 1}

returns

Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"albumdetails":{"albumid":3433,"artist":[""],"artistid":[2915],"label":"Best of 20eme Anniversaire"}}}

Quick Edit : This is the same in the global GetAlbums too
Notice the artistid that is correct but the artist field is empty.
But :

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetArtistDetails", "params": { "artistid" : 2915 }, "id": 1}

Returns :

Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"artistdetails":{"artist":"Kassav","artistid":2915,"label":"Kassav"}}}

So correct Id and Correct artist name.

Was not able to track down a change that may have generated that Sad
And all is still working in GUI.
Ok after some more checks this is way worse Sad

It seems the artistid and genreid are correctly populated from the corresponding tables but the artist and genre are get directly from the view strArtists / strGenres.

Strange but why not.

Recently a changed in Xbmc drop all the strArtists values so of course killing this. Xbmc asked for a rescan for art so since my library is very big I refused it but it seems this rescan is mandatory to refill the artists.

So I started it. It does fill the strArtists but it also replace the strGenres with the artists ....

Leading to things like :

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbumDetails", "params": { "albumid" : 43, "properties" : ["artist","artistid","genre","genreid"]} , "id": 1}

returns
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"albumdetails":{"albumid":43,"artist":["St Germain"],"artistid":[13],"genre":["St Germain"],"genreid":[2],"label":"Cafe En Laye"}}}

While the genre is of course not that.
@Tolriq, error in my opinion is in scraper for artists and albums (universal scrapers), I think support for musicbrainz, change structure music database in XBMC Gotham, and broken something, I report this errors for developer, but don´t have answer.
In my tests field genre is now populate with artist name. I make clean install, and recreate my music collection, export music in nfo files, and check data, I discover troubles genre in albums and many artist info is wrong now,
Before my collection was perfect. Maybe need wait developers fixes, for solve this.

My collection is very well tagged.

olympia don´t comment my post, look here for see album

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1415549

and this post for artist
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1415556

I don´t believe trouble is in Json, info is wrong in database.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
As Wanilton pointed out the problem is in the musicdb refactor to support musicbrainz etc and in the scrapers. Unfortunately night199uk (who made the musicdb refactor) can't be around right now due to personal problems. I'll try to get olympia to look into the genre issue though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

How can I know if Xbmc is playing pvr?

Player.GetActivePlayers use same result for video and pvr stream.

Thx for your help
Anyone on windows with problems connecting to the TCP server on port 9090, please try again with commit https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/764c...4143ba4e09 which should bring back IPv4 functionality (alongside IPv6) except for Windows XP. I've brought the issue up on the PR that introduced this change so hopefully we'll find a solution for WinXP as well.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Work again here on W8 x64 Smile on last master since all is merged.
I've opened http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14344 for a strange Xbmc crash with youtube my users reports.

I don't know if it's pure JSON problem but it seems so, but since I can't reproduce don't know how I can help identifying more the problem.
Another one that is also not really related to JSON but since it can only be reproduced with it Smile

On some OS like Ubuntu in some case like with external USB or NFS then Playlist.Add adds the files in the reverse order.

Reading code seems I can't find where the folders in Playlists are expanded in files, so I guess this is directly in the player code that I don't know where to look at :p
But in the meantime it seems the GUI is not touched using the P key on the folder does not invert order.
Hi
I am trying to run a addon with some params, works fine with the keymap
Quote:RunScript(script.cavplus,showhidewatched=true)
but with json nothing heppens, i have a function to mount the json request (works for everything).
Quote:self.rpc("Addons.ExecuteAddon", { "addonid":"script.cavplus","params":["showhidewatched=true"]}, self.logReplyData);
If i run the script without the params works well
Quote:self.rpc("Addons.ExecuteAddon", { "addonid":"script.cavplus"}, self.logReplyData);
If i try to do with {} i will get a error in my javascript code:
Quote:self.rpc("Addons.ExecuteAddon", { "addonid":"script.cavplus","params":{"showhidewatched=true"}}, self.logReplyData);
Any tip ?
Thanks
Use the search function in the forum Smile The best tip ever man Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1290830

With sample on how to pass arguments.
Yes, i read this already, and tried every single tip before post here.
No works for me.
If i tried to use like Montellese suggest in the topic i will get a error in my javascript, even in the chrome simple rest its not working.
I am missing something
Thanks for your help
Clayton
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8