• 4(current)
XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...
just to prove i'm not dead:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcremotewinmo/downloads/list

please let me know how it works, WVGA version only for now...

Crap, i forgot to tell it uses JSON nowadays so you'll have run a dharma svn build!
Johnsel Wrote:just to prove i'm not dead:

please let me know how it works, WVGA version only for now...

Crap, i forgot to tell it uses JSON nowadays so you'll have run a dharma svn build!

Glad your still with us Laugh... Eagerly awaiting the finished article . im afraid i can only offer testing or any webspace needed.
Update! v0.03 now available for download at

Please test and give feedback! Laugh
It installed, and is looking good... Gonna give it a try tonight... using the whole screen on my HD2, very nice.

Could you:
- include an application icon
- include a TV item on the mainscreen

Thanks for the good work!
I tried it yesterday en its looking good. Nice work!

Still got some errors though. I hope it helps you if i report them

Two i've encountered.
* Out of memory about half way when scrolling through about 300 films
* And also out of memory when i try opening music. Maybe thats because i have nothing in my musiclibrary.

Improvements
* Use of file-mode next to library mode
* Find a nice icon for your awesome application

Keep up the good work

Greets,
Me
sike420 Wrote:* Out of memory about half way when scrolling through about 300 films

Did that happen while just scrolling? I know it'll crash if you click back whilst scrolling but haven't seen it crash whilst just scrolling.
Update! Made everything a little better looking.

TV Show support now added, please comment on the performance as i cannot reliably test that myself! Wink

Johnsel Wrote:Did that happen while just scrolling? I know it'll crash if you click back whilst scrolling but haven't seen it crash whilst just scrolling.

Checked it again. And it is while scrolling. also with the new version.

Another thing. When i push connect and im not on wifi the program is unable to connect and crashes ...

great icon btw,
Grtz,
Just tried it out on my sony ericsson xperia x1 with windows mobile 6.1 and it doesn't really work. The remote control works fine, I can scroll through everything, but if I attempt to open movies, or tv shows or music or anything beside the remote, it just crashes. The now playing just lists "loading" but doesnt load anything, and the buttons under that menu do not work.

Any thoughts, good looking app though (Using nightly version of xbmc, don't know if that affects anything)
nickvda Wrote:Just tried it out on my sony ericsson xperia x1 with windows mobile 6.1 and it doesn't really work. The remote control works fine, I can scroll through everything, but if I attempt to open movies, or tv shows or music or anything beside the remote, it just crashes. The now playing just lists "loading" but doesnt load anything, and the buttons under that menu do not work.

Any thoughts, good looking app though (Using nightly version of xbmc, don't know if that affects anything)

What port are you running the webserver on? I've currently hardcoded port 8080, which reminds i still have to fix that. Crashing whilest loading any of the libraries means it doesn't connect well, error handling hasn't been one of my top priorities at this time Tongue
yea my port was wrong, changed it to 8080 on xbmc, and enebaled the port on my firewall, however still same problem Sad only the remote part works, anything else crashes the app
Hey

thanks for your hard work. I also get the OutOfMemoryException when scrolling down the list of my movies.

Being able to configure the port would be awesome too.

Otherwise keep it up, looks like this will become a nice app.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
nickvda Wrote:yea my port was wrong, changed it to 8080 on xbmc, and enebaled the port on my firewall, however still same problem Sad only the remote part works, anything else crashes the app

did you try the usual shit? check if nothing else is running @ 8080 (sabznbd) restart xbmc? I'm pretty sure it must be something like that.
Johnsel Wrote:did you try the usual shit? check if nothing else is running @ 8080 (sabznbd) restart xbmc? I'm pretty sure it must be something like that.

Yea I checked (I actually had sabznbd, took it off, restarted pc), I also tried on my laptop (which has xbmc camelot, even though we need dharma (thought Id give it a try though)) and really doesn't have too many programs and still crashes. Here is the details error I get on crash on the phone (see if it tells you anything). This is when I click movies after i connect, and my xbmc detects the connection.

Code:
at
Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities. ValidationUtils.ArgumentNotNull(Object value, string parameterName)
at
Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[T,U](IEnumerable'1 value)
at
XbmcJson.Movie.MovieFromJsonObject(JObject item)
at
XbmcJson.Movie.MovieFromJsonObject(JObject item)
at
XbmcJson.XbmcVideoLibrary.GetMovies(String[] fields, String sortMethod, String sortOrder, Nullable'1 start, Nullable'1 end)
at
XbmcJson.XbmcVideoLibrary.GetMovies()
at
XBMC_Remote.MovieForm.frmListDemo_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisible Notify (Boolean fVis)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at
XBMC_Remote.MainForm.OnClickGeneric(Object Sender)
at
StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._notifyClick()
at
StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnMouseUp(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at
StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnMouseup(MouseEventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 IParam)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 IParam)
at
Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at XBMC_Remote.Program.Main()
Ok new reply I guess.

I reinstalled the program on my windows mobile, reconnected and tried tv shows, and it worked!!! then Music worked. But Movies crashed the app again. After I restarted from the crash, tv shows and music werent working again.

Not sure why, also used TcpView to analize the ports in use, only XBMC using them, beside the requests behind set from the phone it seems.

Not sure if big movie libraries might crash it? I have about 1000 movies at the moment
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...0