Picture slideshow visualization?
I'm sure most people are already starting music, then starting a picture slideshow. The picture slideshow takes a lot more FPS than it probably needs, but regardless, wouldn't this process be simpler if we could just develop a music visualization that was the picture slideshow? Has anyone tried this? Any ideas where I would start with developing this?
fowie Wrote:I'm sure most people are already starting music, then starting a picture slideshow. The picture slideshow takes a lot more FPS than it probably needs, but regardless, wouldn't this process be simpler if we could just develop a music visualization that was the picture slideshow? Has anyone tried this? Any ideas where I would start with developing this?

yes, I've done this, it's easy, just use the fanart control to make a slideshow...but it can't support the use of exif tags so I can't see my title and comment on this screen, so SlideShow.xml only for me.
Awesome.... what do you mean by fanart control? And what's this slideshow.xml you're talking about? Is that another option I could pursue? I haven't done much XBMC development, so I'm not very familiar with all of the files.
fowie Wrote:Awesome.... what do you mean by fanart control? And what's this slideshow.xml you're talking about? Is that another option I could pursue? I haven't done much XBMC development, so I'm not very familiar with all of the files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Skinning_XBMC
Hi.

I don't get it. How exactly can I do this? It would be very nice to just have an image slideshow instead of the fancy visualzations. I can always leave the music area and start the slideshow in pictures while still playing music but then the controls and OSD are obviously different...

Thanks,
Philip

PS: I'd also like the spinning globe on the PS3 music visualization. But I guess that's hard to realize in XBMC, isn't it?
Soo, I helped myself and found a solution that works quite well for me:

1. create shortcut to start slideshow with one keypress
in c:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

<f2>SlideShow(C:\TEMP\Wallpapers, random)</f2>
<f3>SlideShow(m:\Bilder\Bilder@Picasa, recursive, random)</f3>

2. modify Playerconrols.xml do display the OSD in the lower right corner

<posx>782</posx>
<posy>505</posy>

now I have an easily accessible picture slideshow with music osd and controls

3. whoever wants fanart in visualization:

in c:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\MusicVisualization.xml

<control type="image">
<description>visualisation background</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<colordiffuse>FFFFFFFF</colordiffuse>
<visible>!Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
</control>

<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<colordiffuse>eeeeeeee</colordiffuse>
<visible>Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture> >

</control>

cheers!
nachtzwerg Wrote:Soo, I helped myself and found a solution that works quite well for me:

1. create shortcut to start slideshow with one keypress
in c:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

<f2>SlideShow(C:\TEMP\Wallpapers, random)</f2>
<f3>SlideShow(m:\Bilder\Bilder@Picasa, recursive, random)</f3>

2. modify Playerconrols.xml do display the OSD in the lower right corner

<posx>782</posx>
<posy>505</posy>

now I have an easily accessible picture slideshow with music osd and controls

3. whoever wants fanart in visualization:

in c:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\MusicVisualization.xml

<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<colordiffuse>FFFFFFFF</colordiffuse>
<visible>!Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
</control>

<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<colordiffuse>eeeeeeee</colordiffuse>
<visible>Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture> >

</control>

cheers!

Will this be valid mod for XBMC Dharma Beta 3? I am noob and dont want to break my working install.
principle of it yes, but you likely have to change some coordinates etc. bit different layout.
any chance to start slideshow as visualization together with music without any shortcuts??I am using startup playlist
Diwiak Wrote:any chance to start slideshow as visualization together with music without any shortcuts??I am using startup playlist

i have browsed through the wiki & the forum, but there does not seem to be a possiblity to have a "slideshow visualization"... unfortunately!

@ devs.... any chance of implementation. I guess, there are quite some people (there are a bunch of threads disucssing the same matter) who would like to see just random pictures from a previously specified folder while listening to music (including myself, hehe Big Grin )
My wife used to love the photo visualisation when I was using Meedio and would love to see it in XBMC.

I was using the screensaver slideshow and visualisatons turned off when listening to music but turned this off as I didn't want a photo slideshow running when no one is there.

I thought I'd be able to use the built-in slideshow screensaver as a basis for a visualisation add-on but as far as I can tell its built in and I can't access the code (and wouldn't know what to do with it if I could).
Actually same feature suggestion. Up to now I always used the slideshow screen saver for music, but unforunatley this is broken in the most recent development version. In addition the screensaver does have the disadvantage that you will not see the titel indications. So actually the best solution would be a dedicated visualization. I was looking a little bit for documentation on the interface but looks like there is none. By looking into the source code I think I understood how the interface works, but actually I have no clue on how to load pictures and render them in opengl so I doubt that I actually can develop such an visualization.
Ok really kind of a lame workaround for this - as I just got back into XBMC a couple of weeks ago to replace my PCH's...

I am running the android xbmc on a nook, what I ended up doing (which honestly is a huge pain in the @$$ IMO) is to que up all my music and then hit the pictures button on the remote, navigate to the folder with the pics I want to use as the slideshow and hit the play button on the remote - the music is still playing and then the slideshow starts...

I also request a slideshow visualization for pics built in, which one just locates a folder in setup for music that all artwork plays from - this used to be a standard feature from the old days of XBMC on the Original XBOX - I MISS IT... Don't get me wrong I love the milkdrop stuff, but some of that stuff gives me turrets.... LOL

Hope this helps if/until it is built into the build...

Warp
Hi

I was wondering if this was going to be added? Or is there an easy way to have the visualisations show a slideshow. Sounds like lots of people would love it!

Thanks for all the great work.
XBMC on 2 XBOX's
XBMC on 2 Media PC (Windiws Vista 32Bit, AMD Quad 3Ghz, 3 Gig RAM, and Windows 7 64Bit Intel Core2 Duo 4 Gig RAM).
Media shared from FreeNAS, Raidz1 array.
I would luv too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture slideshow visualization?0