"EVP_Cipher missing"
I'm not really sure if this is an XBMC issue or something that's just missing from my computer for whatever reason, but hopefully somebody knows something about what this means and can shed some light? I've tried the usual googling and searching the site but found nothing relevant as far as I could tell.

Anyway, every time I start up XBMC, I get a windows dialog that pops up and temporarily pauses xbmc startup, which says "The procedure entry point EVP_Cipher could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll" I press OK, and XBMC seems to load just fine, but I have to go through that dialog every time I start XBMC. I am running revision 27045 on an XP computer. XBMC 9.11 doesn't show this dialog. I have tried one or two others from the official bleeding edge" download area, and those did have the problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember which ones exactly, but I can retest if requested.

Here is a debug log
http://pastebin.ca/1764931
I had this exact same problem. I checked my Windows\system32 folder and found that I had an older version of libeay32.dll in there that I presumed was overriding the file in the XBMC\system folder.

I was able to fix the problem by backing up the Windows\System32 libeay32.dll file (just in case something gets screwed up & you need to revert) and then copying libeay32.dll from the XBMC\System folder to the Windows\System32 folder. Needless to say, you need Administrator rights in XP to do this. Hope that helps.

On a side note to developers, I originally installed XBMC as a "Limited" user. Perhaps we should install as an "Administrator?
Interesting, thanks, I'll give that a try this evening.
I tried it, and it worked Smile Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"EVP_Cipher missing"1