[LINUX] Menu skin sounds doesn't get through the HDMI cable
Question 
How do I setup the menu system to send menu sound effects through the HDMI cable? I got the sound from the movies and music playback through the HDMI. But the sounds during menu navigation is keep being sent through the analog sound port on the mainboard.

Running XBMC Linux 9.11 on a harddisk installation made from the Live CD.
Bump!

No one knows? The strange thing is that movie and music playback gets through the HDMI cable. While the menu click sounds goes through the analog jack on the mainboard.
I have this exact same problem. Any help is much appreciated. I'm running ernham's live version, v10. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388 on asrock ion pro.
I've had this working on my system. I think it has to do with how the alsa config is setup. analog sounds as well as the digital sounds from movies need to be piped out the HDMI. It's been so danged long since I setup my sound that I'm not sure how I went about it. If I can figure out which magic it was that got it working I'll try to post back.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
4e. Get Navigation Sounds Working in XBMC interface

Create a file in xbmc user home directory (login using WinSCP and the xbmc user, not root)

Right click to create a file, call it
.asoundrc

Now edit this file and add:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

(from my install notes, see sig below)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Menu skin sounds doesn't get through the HDMI cable0