• 6(current)
Alaska Original BUGS thread
Hi, I am using the latest Alaska on my ATV (love this skin!) and noticed a few things with Home style 2 that might be bugs :

1) When leaving TV or Movies (via Menu button on Apple remote) it takes me back through Video rather than straight to the Home screen (Home Style 1 goes right to the Home screen)

2) In Scripts, if I go into a sub-directory and hit Menu on the Apple remote (to go back a directory) it takes me out to Home screen. Now I can not get back to the root Scripts directory (going back into scripts takes me to where I last was)

Any tips? Thanks. Again..my favorite skin by far.
Wraul Wrote:The more I use this skin the more I love it. It's just awesome.

Something happened to the progress bar in one of the newest commits.

lol Big Grin
I was going to say the same about the bug, deleting texture.xpr fix it, thanks
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
So, are Watched icons working for you guys in Videos, with File Mode / Files View?
Ayla Wrote:So, are Watched icons working for you guys in Videos, with File Mode / Files View?
The Watched status can only be used for the Library.
Hitcher Wrote:The Watched status can only be used for the Library.

OK, now, not bugging, just asking Smile :

Any reason it was removed when it worked fine before the big update?

I really liked and used it a lot.

Thanks
/Martin
hikaricore Wrote:Landscape no longer wraps when viewing series. Sad
Hope this wasn't intended.

Any word on this? ^

Ayla Wrote:OK, now, not bugging, just asking Smile :

Thanks
/Martin

I have to admit ayla is right, non-library items did have a watched/unwatched status prior to the update.
DTS-ES (6.1 channel) tracks don't show channel info.

Guess not really a bug, but I noticed that the studio icon names are case sensitive and using Ember to scrape I've found a few that I had to change the case on some of the characters so that the studios that Ember scraped would get viewed.

A couple are:

DreamWorks SKG
DreamWorks Animation
Polygram Filmed Entertainment

The above is how Ember scrapes them but they are currently named in the skin as:

Dreamworks SKG
Dreamworks Animation
PolyGram Filmed Entertainment

Just thought I'd mention it, I found a couple others like this as well.

I'm running XBMC live and I know linux is case sensitive, not sure if the windows version would behave similar.

Oh and also, if you can copy the studio icon for Mandalay Pictures and make an additonal for Mandalay Entertainment as its the same studio icon but Ember scrapes some movies as Mandalay Entertainment so should probably be added.
I don't use mouse in my system. I have dedicated PC for Linux and XBMC controlled by remote.

When XBMC with Alaska starts, after splash screen i have big red circle with white cross inside on the screen (no_mouse.png) - with this my htpc startup don't look cool.

Is possible disable this without modify no_mouse.png ?
// Self made HTPC: ION + Atom 330 (Asus AT3N7A-I + new silent fan) // 1GB RAM // 1,5 TB HDD //
// MCE USB remote // Modecom Feel 302 // ArchLinux + latest svn XBMC //
Do you have you mouse disabled via the XBMC seetings and SWCursor set to off in xorg.conf?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Minimal_NVidia_xorg.conf
gabbott Wrote:Guess not really a bug, but I noticed that the studio icon names are case sensitive and using Ember to scrape I've found a few that I had to change the case on some of the characters so that the studios that Ember scraped would get viewed.

A couple are:

DreamWorks SKG
DreamWorks Animation

The above is how Ember scrapes them but they are currently named in the skin as:

Dreamworks SKG
Dreamworks Animation

I'm running XBMC live and I know linux is case sensitive, not sure if the windows version would behave similar.

Oh and also, if you can copy the studio icon for Mandalay Pictures and make an additonal for Mandalay Entertainment as its the same studio icon but Ember scrapes some movies as Mandalay Entertainment so should probably be added.

Xbmc handles improper cases on case sensitive file systems now, you can find proof of this in your xbmc.log.
If you're using an older version of xbmc this may not work as intended and I suggest updating.
fostewi Wrote:Hi, I am using the latest Alaska on my ATV (love this skin!) and noticed a few things with Home style 2 that might be bugs :

1) When leaving TV or Movies (via Menu button on Apple remote) it takes me back through Video rather than straight to the Home screen (Home Style 1 goes right to the Home screen)

2) In Scripts, if I go into a sub-directory and hit Menu on the Apple remote (to go back a directory) it takes me out to Home screen. Now I can not get back to the root Scripts directory (going back into scripts takes me to where I last was)

Any tips? Thanks. Again..my favorite skin by far.
1) That's the correct way for the BACK button to work. The only reason I changed it for Home 1 was because you can access the categories from the submenus.

2) Have you changed the way BACK functions in Programs because it's fine for me?
Ayla Wrote:OK, now, not bugging, just asking Smile :

Thanks
/Martin
I don't see how it could have worked in File mode; it doesn't in any other skin.
hikaricore Wrote:Any word on this?
It was changed to a fixedlist to stop multiple items showing.
gabbott Wrote:DTS-ES (6.1 channel) tracks don't show channel info.

Looks like the wiki needs updating because that one's not listed - I'll sort it out later.
gabbott Wrote:Guess not really a bug, but I noticed that the studio icon names are case sensitive and using Ember to scrape I've found a few that I had to change the case on some of the characters so that the studios that Ember scraped would get viewed.

A couple are:

DreamWorks SKG
DreamWorks Animation

Dreamworks SKG
Dreamworks Animation

Are you running a new XBMC because I thought this problem was sorted?
Since updating from git today, backdrop (./Alaska/media/backdrops/filter.png) doesn't show. Anyone else having that problem?

Do they need to be converted to XPR?
stinkupuss Wrote:Do you have you mouse disabled via the XBMC seetings and SWCursor set to off in xorg.conf?

Heh, thanks, I disabled mouse in XBMC settings and now everything is ok.
// Self made HTPC: ION + Atom 330 (Asus AT3N7A-I + new silent fan) // 1GB RAM // 1,5 TB HDD //
// MCE USB remote // Modecom Feel 302 // ArchLinux + latest svn XBMC //
hikaricore Wrote:Xbmc handles improper cases on case sensitive file systems now, you can find proof of this in your xbmc.log.
If you're using an older version of xbmc this may not work as intended and I suggest updating.

Hitcher Wrote:Are you running a new XBMC because I thought this problem was sorted?

Hum, I am running the latest PPA build (27017)

I'll look into it further on my end.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska Original BUGS thread0