• 9(current)
Alaska Original BUGS thread
Fail Sad

don't know what im doing wrong - did do update then upgrade - when it reboots, i get a small grey window with some unreadable text due to the resolution of my TV - and it appears there is a big button that says "quit" but i can't guarantee thats what it says. I might give up on this and just deal with the few quirks of not having the latest build.
hcopp Wrote:Fail Sad

don't know what im doing wrong - did do update then upgrade - when it reboots, i get a small grey window with some unreadable text due to the resolution of my TV - and it appears there is a big button that says "quit" but i can't guarantee thats what it says. I might give up on this and just deal with the few quirks of not having the latest build.

Don't give up... do this:

Code:
cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions
sudo mv libglx.so libglx.so.default
sudo ln -s libglx.so.1 libglx.so

It'll fix that little small grey window.
hcopp Wrote:Fail Sad

that is exactly what happened for me when i did a upgrade, therefor i suggested to only update xbmc (apt-get install xbmc)
worked! thanks a ton man, you guys are all great, really really appreciated.

What exactly caused that and what were those files we renamed and such?

Thanks again!
hcopp Wrote:worked! thanks a ton man, you guys are all great, really really appreciated.

What exactly caused that and what were those files we renamed and such?

Thanks again!

It was due to a xorg security update that broke things. I don't know the specifics but found that fix in a Revo thread on here and it worked for me when it happened.
I just noticed that when selecting a movie that has several files, when the widow pops up to allow you to select which disc youd like to play, you cant tell or see which file you have highlighted. Looks like this only happens when you use the night theme.

EDIT: Fixed (Hitcher)
Well now that there is an onscreen overlay that comes up when you toggle subtitles on and off, it will come up but does not indicate whether subtitles are enabled or disabled.

Just updated to alaska final and XBMC svn latest today. many of my old problems are over. Great! Just one new one:

In settings, the audio output settings don't fit in the grey box. The last two lines are actually over the red "audio output" screen name.

I checked Alaska settings screen, and there the views page also doesn't fit, but it scrolls, indicated by downward arrow. I guess that should also happen in settings-audio output - but it doesn't
gabbott Wrote:Well now that there is an onscreen overlay that comes up when you toggle subtitles on and off, it will come up but does not indicate whether subtitles are enabled or disabled.

What happens in other skins?
kees667 Wrote:Just updated to alaska final and XBMC svn latest today. many of my old problems are over. Great! Just one new one:

In settings, the audio output settings don't fit in the grey box. The last two lines are actually over the red "audio output" screen name.

I checked Alaska settings screen, and there the views page also doesn't fit, but it scrolls, indicated by downward arrow. I guess that should also happen in settings-audio output - but it doesn't
A screenshot would help because it's fine here.

Hitcher Wrote:What happens in other skins?

In confluence it comes up and says "Subtitles enabled" or Subtitles disabled"
Here it is. My list is longer than yours, more options. Yours doesnt require scrolling. build r27500 compiled 6 feb, latest alaska from mediafire.

It seems that Hitcher is using XBMC on Windows OS. I've the same panel than kees667 using XBMC on linux. I've also noticed another bug (sorry i can't post screenshot right now). The problem is when you try to open a internet stream to view a movie (using Apple Movie Trailers, for example), the 'buffering...' text message appears in the middle of screen, floating outside form panels. It could be nice that this message could be shown using a small overlay, like the one used to show volume when using the audio passthrough.

regards,

regards,
gabbott Wrote:In confluence it comes up and says "Subtitles enabled" or Subtitles disabled"
Ah, I had a typo in the dialog - fixed now.

kees667 Wrote:Here it is. My list is longer than yours, more options. Yours doesnt require scrolling. build r27500 compiled 6 feb, latest alaska from mediafire.

fidoboy Wrote:It seems that Hitcher is using XBMC on Windows OS. I've the same panel than kees667 using XBMC on linux. I've also noticed another bug (sorry i can't post screenshot right now). The problem is when you try to open a internet stream to view a movie (using Apple Movie Trailers, for example), the 'buffering...' text message appears in the middle of screen, floating outside form panels. It could be nice that this message could be shown using a small overlay, like the one used to show volume when using the audio passthrough.

regards,

regards,
Should be fixed now.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska Original BUGS thread0