Plugin Development without OpenGL 2.0 capable GPU hardware?
Question 
Is there still an XBMC install that doesnt require OpenGL 2.0?

I'm a developer by trade (Perl, C++, PHP, C#, Ruby), but my computer is utter trash. Using an ATI 9200SE, what is the best way to go about writing/modifying existing plugins? I prefer to work in Linux (<3 VI), so a linux solution is helpful.

Didnt see an option when building from SVN to get a non-2.0 version.

I really just need something that I can run scripts within and get the XBMC environment.
XBMC should at runtime downgrade the opengl version, for example the apple tv is about 1.2 or 1.3 iirc, so set that as a minimum. However most of the new features (like video processing shaders) will first be adopted on the higher opengl versions because it is easier, they will then hopefully if time permits be added in the lower versions if its possible.

XBMC can in fact run sw opengl (although its silly slow), if you don't even have a real opengl card.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I'm pretty sure he's on about SDL renderer, which is no longer supported.
althekiller Wrote:I'm pretty sure he's on about SDL renderer, which is no longer supported.

fail. thanks. guess i'll just wait till summer when i upgrade my computer.

When i try to run xbmc in linux it tells me that I must have opengl 2.0 support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin Development without OpenGL 2.0 capable GPU hardware?0