[MOD] Tiny Mod to add Time Remaining Display
I like a time remaining display - I know Camelot/confluence now have 'End Time' which is very nice, but I sometimes still want a way to just see straight away how much longer something has to run (without subtracting current time from total time!).

So here's a tiny little mod to add time remaining when either seeking or using the info view during fullscreen video.

These three files need to be copied over the originals in /usr/share/xbmc/skin/confluence/720p (Back up the originals first!).

Get the files ... see post #9 and #10 below....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
sweet!!! thanks for this.

its not like there's algebra involved
but its nice to see it rather then compute it

i think the word REMAINING is a little obtrusive,
(especially when one counts up and the other counts down)

how about this ...

EDIT: i just noticed your have "Remaining" (which is less in your face)
when i added this, i got "REMAINING"... i still preffer without Laugh
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
The line you want is 273 in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml

Code:
<label>$INFO[Player.Time] ($INFO[Player.TimeRemaining] Remaining)</label>

...just remove the word remaining or change it how you want. It's a bit harder to change the font colour in the middle like that but you would basically copy this section into another new control:

Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <description>Elapsed Time Label</description>
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>100</posy>
                    <width>600</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                    <font>font13_title</font>
                    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <label>$INFO[Player.Time] ($INFO[Player.TimeRemaining] Remaining)</label>
                    <visible>!Player.Seeking</visible>
                </control>

...change the colour to gray and and the posx to about 400 I guess.

Re-reading your post I figure you've already done this eh? Feel free to post an updated version somewhere if others want it. I like my way, helps guide the eyes to the right bit - it also goes on my folks-in-law's machine so I like to keep it simple and obvious!
bossanova808 Wrote:Re-reading your post I figure you've already done this eh? Feel free to post an updated version somewhere if others want it. I like my way, helps guide the eyes to the right bit - it also goes on my folks-in-law's machine so I like to keep it simple and obvious!

you're right, that wasn't any photoshop magic & thats exactly the changes i made Laugh
this is what i love about xbmc & open-source in general... we can each have it suite our personal taste.

if anyone cares, here's my DialogFullScreenInfo.xml with the changes bossanova808 described

thanks again. moding your mod saved hours trying to figure out how to do it myself Cool
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
great mod thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in, this is my take on his code; I use Influence, this mod is now added to that mod, though I display mine with the remaining in the center (you can remove the extra spaces if you don't want this) only on the info page. Gotta love open source :p, and thank you bossanova808
DialogFullScreenInfo.xml

4 Xbox1's 500GB WD HD with XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH (was PM3.HD 1080i but streaming larger files...PMIII in 720P)
2 Acer Revo 1600s 2gb ram 1.6 Ghz (yes, 1.6 single...sigh) -> Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Influence 1080P)
Just started with DDS, one word, awesome!
.bat files for windows dds creating here (must have nvcompress installed)
bossanova808 Wrote:Get the files here.

It seems the link is dead, and the post says "3 files" so I can't just use the customized DialogFullScreenInfo.xml posted by others I guess?
chheber Wrote:It seems the link is dead, and the post says "3 files" so I can't just use the customized DialogFullScreenInfo.xml posted by others I guess?

One of the files adds it to your info information, the other swaps it from your paused (switches total with remaining) and I don't know what the third does, but the files are
DiaglogFullScreenInfo.xml -(hit info button, you get timeplayed(timeremaining) complete time)
Font.xml -(no idea...)
DialogSeekBar.xml -(adds this to your bar if you pause so from timeplayed - timetotal to timeplayed - time left)
I still had a copy of all three of the originals which you can now find at this link
4 Xbox1's 500GB WD HD with XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH (was PM3.HD 1080i but streaming larger files...PMIII in 720P)
2 Acer Revo 1600s 2gb ram 1.6 Ghz (yes, 1.6 single...sigh) -> Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Influence 1080P)
Just started with DDS, one word, awesome!
.bat files for windows dds creating here (must have nvcompress installed)
Yeah I moved the blog to wordpress and a new location : http://xbmcstuff.bossanova808.net/

I also removed the Mod post temporarily as it doesn't work with the SVN version of Confluence....I have modified it for that and hopefulyl I'll upload that soon...

Basically, the three files are as listed in the post above. If you want to apply the hack anywhere, just look in those files for

$INFO[Player.Time]

and add
$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining] Remaining

...nearby.

You need the font.xml to make sure that longer times work ok this on the little is paused/ffwd/rwding dialong (it's fine with standard fonts for files less than an hour long but looks messy for shows needing XX:XX:XX, so I added an extra font size).

I'll do a new version when the next release it out - shouldn't be more than 6 weeks from now if all goes according to the rough plans...
Updated notes for Dharma here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Tiny Mod to add Time Remaining Display0