[WINDOWS] unreadable menus
Hello,

I have just installed XBMC 9.11 in an old notebook Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 1,70Ghz 224MB RAM Windows XP SP3, the video driver is SIS 650 2.22, the issue is that the menus are unreadable, some strange characters are shown like white little boxes,... changing the skin to PMIII, the main menu is fine like the upper titles, but with the rest is still the same...

Any idea?

Regards
Ok you have supplied some of the system info. Now you need to post a debug log.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Sorry, but at the moment, I had to go back to the previous driver (SIS 650_651_M650_740 2.09), because the quality in the TV was horrible, and now windows shows a message of error and xbmc even does not start,...so I can not get a debug log, and even with the other driver (2.22) it would be difficult to find the option with the menus problems...

I think I am going to forget the idea of running XBMC in that computer, the video card must be too short, Any advice?

Thank you and sorry for the lack of information Sad
Look at the display properties, Settings tab, click the Advanced button, then the Troubleshooting tab and check the hardware acceleration is set to maximum.

You could try running dxdiag.exe and on the Display tab check that Direct3D acceleration is enabled. I think there's a "Test" button somewhere, though i must admit I can't see it on my W2k8 R2 setup.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] unreadable menus0