[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo

I just dont like the visualizations, the red background bar color can be change read all the comments in the xml.

*MOD for the now playing screen | a.k.a visualization screen
* xml's are commented with instructions and changes, original lines are still there just commented.
* read MusicVisualization.xml comments there are instructions to change a path, your music path.
* the visualization need to be set to none.
* the record label name needs to be add to the comment tag in the mp3.

*VERSION 1.1 fix
problems when playing the first and/or last track it will overlap artist name.
*VERSION 1.2 fix
include <texture diffuse> and png to display round corners cover instead of squared
*VERSION 1.3 fix
include multiimage control to support fanart slideshow if you provide the path to a local folder with multiple image per artist, each folder have to be name the same as the artist/band name inside the images the name of the images doesnt matter Ex. folder <Jason Mraz> inside image1, image2, fanart1, fanart2, ect..
the name of the folder have to be the exact name in the artist/band mp3 tag, the same name xbmc shows in the info.
*VERSION 1.4 fix
fix strings location and other stuffs, hopefully.
*VERSION 1.5 fix
Fix overlapping of the running time control with track # control on tracks other than mp3 and add some other explanations comments in the xml
*VERSION 1.6 fix
add missing .xml, dont know how or at what version it went missing !!!!

*MOD_v1.6 here

Backup->Replace->Test
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Thumbs Up 
Love this Reavan, would love to have a copy.

TIA
This is lovely
Generally, I like the idea. But those of us worried about burn-in just can't use this. I'd love to see (even fund) a visualization that showed info and/or the current cover but was animated in such a way so as to not keep images static.

Hell, even just a cover of the current track bouncing around would be nice. And the info could come up on song change as normal.
I'd like to use it perhaps without the fanart, because I would never find high-res art for all my artists. I'm not really a fan of visualizations either though. Love the record label flag.

Basically I'd like it to be the same OSD as it already is except with that record label flag and something else instead of a visualization, but not fanart :p
I was thinking about the bouncing cover too.
the record label is a bit tricky because afaik xbmc cant read the publisher tag from the currently playing track just in library mode (ListItem.Property(albumlabel) ) so in order to do this I put the Publisher name in the comment tag.

first post edited. the .xml are all commented. please read the comment in the xml specially the musicvisualization.xml.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
*new version fix
problems when displaying the first and/or last track of a playlist because it was overlapping.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Love this mod.

It's working for me except for a minor issue. The album cover on the lower left hand corner is square instead of the rounded edges on your screenshot.
Nothing's changed here. I copied all files and updated the SMB path, but it still shows the default Now Playing info.
I don't see any other instructions in the zip file.

What am I missing?
Did you restarr xbmc/reload the skin? I sometimes forget that.
what about adding this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyuRsIsbAE

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242
itchy_balls Wrote:Love this mod.

It's working for me except for a minor issue. The album cover on the lower left hand corner is square instead of the rounded edges on your screenshot.

same here. but i dont get fanart, i just get the old open_gl. still - if it would workd - pretty awesome
itchy_balls Wrote:Love this mod.

because in musicoverlay.xml instead of
Quote:<texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
I use this, which I get from Aeon cause Alaska dont have the thumb_matte.png
Quote:<texture diffuse="common/thumb_matte.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
I will update the mod to include the png and the code.

Quote:same here. but i dont get fanart, i just get the old open_gl. still
visualization need to be set to none.

MOD updated !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Still nothing.
Of course I had restarted XMBC and reloaded the skin, I tried in Library mode (I prefer File mode), still nothing but the default Now Playing...
Visualization is set to None

Sad
can you post your musicvisualization.xml after you edited with your info.

you can use http://pastebin.com/
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo2