"Encoders Team" Lets add support for more encoding formats for XBMC Audio-CD ripping?
spiff Wrote:yes, avformat (the part of ffmpeg dealing with file formats) has full metadata support. no, i'm not on about using the ffmpeg binary, rather the underlieing libraries (lavf, lavc).

Yeah. chippy and I are working things out on IRC. I just have to figure out how to actually use lavc directly from cli (if I even can) to test. Looks like I can't and I'd have to go through mencoder.

Maybe finding some sample encoder code would be better.
Well, seems this effort is currently dead. I haven't heard from chippyash is quite a while. I think in the end the code was a bit above him. I, have also got a bit more busy seeings how I am now gainfully employed. Wink

I'd still like to get this effort going if someone with a decent grasp of C stops by.
is the aim to use lavc to do the en/decoding?
does xbmc ship with libavcodec in the source somewhere?

I am looking at 9.11 and cannot find it

In fact, is there any guide on how the ripping architecutre works? I'm slightly confused by the all the DLLs and the like

Or should I jump on IRC sometime and chat to someone?
AndyE Wrote:does xbmc ship with libavcodec in the source somewhere?

I am looking at 9.11 and cannot find it

?

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/9....libavcodec
I've just checked the latest SVN and it seems someone has already implemented this for the next release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Encoders Team" Lets add support for more encoding formats for XBMC Audio-CD ripping?0