• 39(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Just came across this app today and I got it installed on my phone. Setup was straight forward and got it working within minutes. It looks and works a lot better than the official XBMC app.

Keep up the great work.

(Sorry, posted in wrong thread. Above comment was for the android version)
I was excited to try yatse, but it's ugly. Oh boy does it look wrong on my phone with the dark theme I have installed. I got the unlocker for pocket change and hopped there would be a way to customise it or look at other themes. but they're not much better.

I could live with that, but the operation of the remove control isn't fluid like the official xbmc remote. This app has many more features and I really want it to work, but the buttons are too small, the back button is on the wrong side (probably would get used to that) the widgets don't have a concise set of buttons allowing one to control the TV and stop and play without adding multiple widgets wich don't fit onto one screen together.

I did a bit of digging to see if I could find a way to improve the app; there was a version 1 which is on google code, but this second version is propritary. Which basically kills off any ability to update it and make it work like it should for my TV.

Back to XBMC Remote.
(2012-09-21, 20:07)doctormo Wrote: I was excited to try yatse, but it's ugly. Oh boy does it look wrong on my phone with the dark theme I have installed. I got the unlocker for pocket change and hopped there would be a way to customise it or look at other themes. but they're not much better.

I could live with that, but the operation of the remove control isn't fluid like the official xbmc remote. This app has many more features and I really want it to work, but the buttons are too small, the back button is on the wrong side (probably would get used to that) the widgets don't have a concise set of buttons allowing one to control the TV and stop and play without adding multiple widgets wich don't fit onto one screen together.

I did a bit of digging to see if I could find a way to improve the app; there was a version 1 which is on google code, but this second version is propritary. Which basically kills off any ability to update it and make it work like it should for my TV.

Back to XBMC Remote.

Yea same for me, functionality seems to be good but the overall look just made me uninstall it after a day.
From the logo to the colors, the background.

Really hoping for an visual update.
Would love a remote with ICS style.
This is the wrong thread Smile

This one is about Windows version that have nothing to do with the Android that you don't like.

As already stated a lot's of time it's hard to have a default skin that please every one, and I'm not an artist so I rely on other users help, but as usual lot's of complain but no one takes times to make a skin when all is available to do so Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/documents/4

Yes the current version does not please every one, yes it could be better and v3 should be better if Matt have time to finish but I'm one of the most patient guy and cool with users request but I must admit that I start to loose patience about this skin things Smile

(2012-09-21, 21:12)Tolriq Wrote: This is the wrong thread Smile

This one is about Windows version that have nothing to do with the Android that you don't like.

As already stated a lot's of time it's hard to have a default skin that please every one, and I'm not an artist so I rely on other users help, but as usual lot's of complain but no one takes times to make a skin when all is available to do so Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/documents/4

Yes the current version does not please every one, yes it could be better and v3 should be better if Matt have time to finish but I'm one of the most patient guy and cool with users request but I must admit that I start to loose patience about this skin things Smile
Yea saw that too late posting in the right thread now...

Hallo.

I recognize a strange problem with yatse2 while playback.

After starting yatse its updating/downloading thumbnails and fanart. Now i start a movie/tv-show while yatse is still downloading
thumbnails/fanart. Display shows the information screen like it should. After a short time the display shows "done downloading thumbnails/fanart"
but returns to the mainscreen of yatse WHILE playback! If i start a playback AFTER the "done downloading" message everything works perfekt.

Iam using YATSE2 with XBMC Eden on a Silverstone SST-GD02S-MT with 4.3" TFT touch-screen display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Thankful for your help.
Hallo.

Still got the above issue and the whole plugin is not working on the frodo release.
Is there an update planed?!
Now that Frodo reach a Beta stage yes a update will come.

I hope before Frodo final is out, but well I also need to get Yatse for Android 2.9 for full final Frodo support too and Android will be first Smile
Hallo.

Good news!
Do you made any thoughts about my "returning to main screen" issue?!
I am using windows 7 with a 3 monitor setup.If I load yatse with with the option checked: "Open Yatse on a Secondary Screen", The program will bounce between monitor 2 and 3. If I uncheck "Open Yatse on a Secondary Screen" and then press WindowKey+ArrowKey to move yatse to the monitor I want, the program will move and then one second later return to whichever monitor is set to "Main Display".
Is there anyway I can turn off this bouncing around or manually place the program on the monitor I want?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid727683 Smile
Ok so for Christmas :

Yatse 2 is now Open Source under GPL v3.

https://github.com/Tolriq/Yatse2

If you make changes / updates please follow the licence and if possible Pull Request your changes so all current users can benefit from it.
Is this going to get updated for Frodo?
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
It should if I find enough time Smile
Please find enough time Tongue The last thing I need to complete my HTPC(and touch screen case) is a good addon for the touch screen... Yours looks like the best out there from what I can see. It just doesn't work with Frodo Sad
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5