• 46(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Hmm
What if just change the Yatse2.exe and config file? and try again.

Glenn
The Remote info is stored in the db file.

That is likely the source of issues (my mistake for including it in the download directory) -> move db file away and run again.

Fingers crossed.

Glenn
Good news! I looks like there may have been an issue with me renaming directories (to swap between different Yaste builds). I just rebooted; and, started using your build cleanly.

There is now one small problem with AlwaysMinimize... I use MPC-HC (with MadVR) as my external media player. Although, Yaste is able to show the correct media fanart/info on media playback, after I close MPC-HC, Yaste continues to show the last media fanart/info without minimizing.

It looks like Yaste can't tell when media playback ends using an external media player.
Good to hear - that all is okay with my changes - have made some cosmetic changes to kodi/icon/deleting old plugins etc. Binary on GitHub.

You are right external player will perhaps be an issue - do you get pause etc on Yatse? - if so might be possible
Perhaps this might be helpful - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202368

Could use Kodi - Dsplayer with MadVR - thats what I do (working great - fantastic thread about it) Isengard 15.2Beta quite stable on my system.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

Thanks to you, my entire HTPC experience has significantly enhanced, more than I expected! I didn't even know about "Kodi RemoteXtender". It actually resolved all communication issues between Kodi, Yaste, and MPC-HC. Everything works elegantly now with "alwaysminimize",

For the sake of it, I did try latest clean install of DSPlayer/Isengard... unfortunately, it STILL has a bug where it locks up Kodi hard on Media playback STOP; even when configured perfectly (with Fullscreen exclusive enabled)

Would you consider adding a couple of low-priority, minor enhancements to Yaste2. Only, if they're not time-consuming.

1. Have Yaste minimize to the Window System Tray as an option... If system tray icon double-clicked, it will force Yaste to maximize; even if alwaysminimize is enabled. Currently, if alwaysminimize is enabled, there's no way to access Yaste's GUI.

2, Add a dark grey skin (only need to delete blue background.png or change it to dark grey to get a dark grey theme).
Hi

Both done I think.

See Github/ghawken - go to releases and 2.05 shoudl be there.
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases

Can change Backgroun image in Skin - to whatever you like - have changed to darker - but can be altered further as like.

Have Yatse2 - now show "Notification Area" icon when running in MinimiseAlways mode. If double click "Notification Area" MinimiseAlways is turned off and window is shown. If double click "Notification Area" icon window is minimise and MinimiseAlways is then set to true.

Hopefully makes sense.

Give it a try

Cheers

Glenn
Thanks GlennNZ for working on it. I think a HTPC should have some kind of information display.
Hi all - Have made some more changes and bug fixes.

for Yatse2.11

code & binary at

For those not familiar Yatse2 was created as a remote and 'nowplaying' info service on a 2nd screen for Xbmc and now Kodi.

It was created by Tolriq (many thanks) who has continued with Android remote control called Yatse.

Yatse2 fills a huge need of info on second screen TFT for those with HTPC cases that include a second TFT/Monitor. (Note this differs from LCD/VFD displays which are small one or two line single color devices, there is ongoing support for these through other software. None of the VFD/LCD software supports a TFT/Full screen monitor like Yatse2)

I've made some increasing modifications to the original code, windows 32 bit binaries are included in the release on github - sorry no install, Just copy the Program File and run (does need .net installed)

Most Settings are available through the Yatse2.xml file: Should be straightforward.

My changes

- Undims on Pause. Undims display when Playerpaused - redims once play commences.
- Undims on Mute. Same as above.

- MinimiseAlways Setting - in yatse2.xml file If enabled will always minimise Yatse2 to taskbar if not playing.
Code:
<MinimiseAlways>false</MinimiseAlways>

Ideal if wish to use Yatse2 for nowplaying information only- but would like other information at other times. ie. webpage, other software etc. If double click taskbar icon - MinimiseAlways is disabled to enable settings to be altered. If double click again - and Yatse2 shrinks MinimiseAlways is reenabled.

- Minor bug fixes - minimising how many times it checks for dim/undim

- Cosmetic changes to Kodi naming and Icon for remote control, deletion unused plugins

- Fanart (Works well with Artwork Organizer and Extrafanart)
Moderate change to JSON and Display code.
Code:
<FanartAlways>false</FanartAlways>

I have modified remote code so that via Json Kodi also informs Yatse2 as to menu being browsed by user. Thus fanart alters depending on menu being browsed.
Works via Kodi WindowID e.g Videos = 10025, etc. Unfortunately appears that JSON does not distinguish between TV, Movies or Videos.

Usage:
If like me you use your display only to look pretty and not as a remote - the default screen was a bit average

I have modifed the JSON code to let Yatse2 know what menu is being browsed by the user and to play fanart accordingly. Unfortunately I was hopeful to distinguish between TV and Movie menus but I believe this is not possible currently through JSON.

New Setting: Fanart - Enable This will when not playing always play a slide show of your fanart.
Code:
  <FanartTimer>5</FanartTimer>
Also Setting on setting screen - Main Tab, Fanart.

eg. as below

The Directories are selected through the Yatse2.xml file as below.

They must be within or created in %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\

example
Yatse2.xml file
Code:
<FanartDirectoryTV>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\TVShowFanart\</FanartDirectoryTV>    
  <FanartDirectoryMovie>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\MovieFanart\</FanartDirectoryMovie>
  <FanartDirectoryWeather>addon_data\skin.aeonmq5.extrapack\backgrounds_weather\</FanartDirectoryWeather>
  <FanartDirectoryMusic>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\ArtistFanart\</FanartDirectoryMusic>
  <FanartDirectoryMyImages>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\OwnFanart\</FanartDirectoryMyImages>

eg. actual directory
= %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\ + that path above

As in this example - they work well with the artworkorganizer addon for Kodi. And the Xml files defaults to this.

Need to create additional directory for your own images used when browsing images directory - can go anywhere - defaults to a directory within artworkorganizer - needs to be create called OwnFanart.

FanartDirectoryTV - Used when on main menu
FanartDirectoryMovie - Used when browswing Video folder, unfortunately also TV
FanartDirectoryWeather - Weather images when in weather menu FanartDirectoryMyImages - if in pictures - show these images
FanartDirectoryMusic - if browsing Music directory

If no images in a directory - will stop fanart playback and show control screen.

Also if browsing settings menu will default to control screen/remove fanart whilst on settings screen if need access to change or disable settings.

To disable Fanart - go to Settings menu on Kodi - enter - Fanart will stop, and can be disabled from Settings within Yatse2

Thanks

Edit
Version 2.12:
Some timing fixes/Bug fixes to limit amount of checking, and addition of
Code:
To xml file - to change time of Fanart displays (also how quicking display returns)

Comments welcome.
Thank you so much for your efforts Glenn! I can't wait to try the latest!

(2015-05-31, 05:28)GlennNZ Wrote: Hi all - Have made some more changes and bug fixes.

for Yatse2.11

code & binary at

For those not familiar Yatse2 was created as a remote and 'nowplaying' info service on a 2nd screen for Xbmc and now Kodi.

It was created by Tolriq (many thanks) who has continued with Android remote control called Yatse.

Yatse2 fills a huge need of info on second screen TFT for those with HTPC cases that include a second TFT/Monitor. (Note this differs from LCD/VFD displays which are small one or two line single color devices, there is ongoing support for these through other software. None of the VFD/LCD software supports a TFT/Full screen monitor like Yatse2)

I've made some increasing modifications to the original code, windows 32 bit binaries are included in the release on github - sorry no install, Just copy the Program File and run (does need .net installed)

Most Settings are available through the Yatse2.xml file: Should be straightforward.

My changes

- Undims on Pause. Undims display when Playerpaused - redims once play commences.
- Undims on Mute. Same as above.

- MinimiseAlways Setting - in yatse2.xml file If enabled will always minimise Yatse2 to taskbar if not playing.
Code:
<MinimiseAlways>false</MinimiseAlways>

Ideal if wish to use Yatse2 for nowplaying information only- but would like other information at other times. ie. webpage, other software etc. If double click taskbar icon - MinimiseAlways is disabled to enable settings to be altered. If double click again - and Yatse2 shrinks MinimiseAlways is reenabled.

- Minor bug fixes - minimising how many times it checks for dim/undim

- Cosmetic changes to Kodi naming and Icon for remote control, deletion unused plugins

- Fanart (Works well with Artwork Organizer and Extrafanart)
Moderate change to JSON and Display code.
Code:

I have modified remote code so that via Json Kodi also informs Yatse2 as to menu being browsed by user. Thus fanart alters depending on menu being browsed.
Works via Kodi WindowID e.g Videos = 10025, etc. Unfortunately appears that JSON does not distinguish between TV, Movies or Videos.

Usage:
If like me you use your display only to look pretty and not as a remote - the default screen was a bit average

I have modifed the JSON code to let Yatse2 know what menu is being browsed by the user and to play fanart accordingly. Unfortunately I was hopeful to distinguish between TV and Movie menus but I believe this is not possible currently through JSON.

New Setting: Fanart - Enable This will when not playing always play a slide show of your fanart.
Code:
Also Setting on setting screen - Main Tab, Fanart.

eg. as below

The Directories are selected through the Yatse2.xml file as below.

They must be within or created in %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\

example
Yatse2.xml file
Code:
<FanartDirectoryTV>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\TVShowFanart\</FanartDirectoryTV>    
  <FanartDirectoryMovie>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\MovieFanart\</FanartDirectoryMovie>
  <FanartDirectoryWeather>addon_data\skin.aeonmq5.extrapack\backgrounds_weather\</FanartDirectoryWeather>
  <FanartDirectoryMusic>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\ArtistFanart\</FanartDirectoryMusic>
  <FanartDirectoryMyImages>addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\OwnFanart\</FanartDirectoryMyImages>

eg. actual directory
= %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\ + that path above

As in this example - they work well with the artworkorganizer addon for Kodi. And the Xml files defaults to this.

Need to create additional directory for your own images used when browsing images directory - can go anywhere - defaults to a directory within artworkorganizer - needs to be create called OwnFanart.

FanartDirectoryTV - Used when on main menu
FanartDirectoryMovie - Used when browswing Video folder, unfortunately also TV
FanartDirectoryWeather - Weather images when in weather menu FanartDirectoryMyImages - if in pictures - show these images
FanartDirectoryMusic - if browsing Music directory

If no images in a directory - will stop fanart playback and show control screen.

Also if browsing settings menu will default to control screen/remove fanart whilst on settings screen if need access to change or disable settings.

To disable Fanart - go to Settings menu on Kodi - enter - Fanart will stop, and can be disabled from Settings within Yatse2

Thanks

Edit
Version 2.12:
Some timing fixes/Bug fixes to limit amount of checking, and addition of
Code:
To xml file - to change time of Fanart displays (also how quicking display returns)

Comments welcome.
Thanks
Was thinking this was a thread of one!

Have made some major changes subsequent to this which will post if interested.

Basically have created a Kodi service which needs to be installed in Kodi - this service communicates with Yatse2 via socket (defaults to local ip and port 5000). The service lets Yatse2 know what menu, episode, TV series. Movie, image directory or music directory being browsed. Based on this the fanart changes to the relevant extrafanart directory.

Eg. Browsing TV, random TV fanart show, selects Defiance series, fanart changes to Defiance only, change to another series - that series fanart selected etc.

If not using fanart probably not worth the hassle. I've kept everything simple and the service does very little. Both have been running well without problem on my 'production' system.

When have time will post binaries for yatse2/socket and the Kodi service with instructions if interested.

Glenn
(2015-06-20, 10:50)GlennNZ Wrote: When have time will post binaries for yatse2/socket and the Kodi service with instructions if interested.

Hallo.

INTERESTED! Wink

Greetings
Hi (slightly more than one!)

Pictures talk more than words!

Binaries to install Windows 32 - see here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/Socket

Okay.
Will update with more instructions when can.

But have made addition to Yatse2 with addition of socket to kodi data connection, allowing Yatse2 to be informed about browsing menu choice/tv show etc - so fanart can be selected as required.

Uses extrafanart directories from within media folder structures.
NB: needs artwork.downloader to download fanart for TV and movies to extrafanart directory within media folder.

eg.
TVShowRoot \ TV Show \ extrafanart \ (fanart here - via artwork.downloader addon)
MovieRoot \ Movie Name \ extrafanart \

Needs - service.Yatse2 to be added to %appdata%\Kodi\addons directory. Copy the directory and paste the directory.
Then go to Kodi, add-ons, Service and configure/enable Yatse2 service.
Defaults to localIP and port 5000 (these can be changed if needed but hopefully not needed too)
This service connects to Yatse2 in the background. Fairly robust connection/very low overhead.

New Yatse2 Socket version of application. (Has a few other fixes/checks/logging)
NB: Still needs normal remote to Kodi connection configured as prior, but also the socket settings.
Defaults as above:
But can be change in the Yatse2.xml file below:
Code:
<IPPort>5000</IPPort>
  <IPAddress>127.0.0.1</IPAddress>

Also New Setting for depth of directories before extrafanart folder: (somewhat hard to explain but used to deal with some TV shows having season1/2 like deeper directories) yatse2socket only uses the (set) number of directories truncating the rest.
Code:
<FanartNumberDirectories>3</FanartNumberDirectories>

eg.
If Source root is \\server\tvshows
Path to extrafanart - \\server\tvshows\showname\extrafanart
Set this to 3
(If browse to \\server\tvshows\showname\season 1 - only the first 3 directories will be used with extrafanart then added - giving \\server\tvshows\showname\extrafanart )

Eg. And movies
\\server\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart

Presently same depth setting is used for both Movie and TV show structure (suits me - but probably can change)
Used to enable ongoing fanart even when browsing deeper - e.g Season1/Season2 separate directories.

Also when browsing image folders - Yatse2 will start slideshow of selected image folder that you are browsing if correct permissions set for access.

Issues:
Works well with smb:// file directory structure in kodi database - which is my setup.
If only local files or other network connection may not correctly function.
If have this issue:
Let me know: " Fanart Directory from Socket" log message.
eg msg like this in log if debug and trace enabled
'Fanart Directory from Socket = smb://192.168.1.110/tvss/Silicon Valley/'

Also Debug and Trace enabled - turn off once working!

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

I'm having a problem with the always minimize feature. Im currently running a clean installation of Yatse 2.1.2. After a TV show finishes playing back, Yate2 will minimize to the desktop in a strange way (See below). Also, the Yatse2 Win8.1 taskbar icon isn't highlighted anymore in this state (also see below). If I click on the Yatse Windows System Tray icon, it will correct this issue. It almost seems like it's some kind of issue related to focus or timing. Not sure.

I select the option to run Yaste2 on my second monitor. Not sure if this matter; but, I disabled trace mode and debug mode.

Thanks - I can reproduce it.

Looking at options

Glenn
Hi
Think have isolated it - and made some minor changes and updated latest version socket (should not alert on taskbar now either)
try
Latest Version - Socket Support:
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/rele...Yatse2.exe

Replace Yatse2.exe with this one.

Let me know

Also with slightly more difficulty have gone backward and updated non-socket version
If still using version 2.11/2.12 replace Yatse2 with below:

https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/rele...Yatse2.exe

Sorry - don't use minimiseAlways - too much lovely fanart!

Glenn
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5