• 47(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Hi Glenn, I have some questions about the socket version below (in the meantime I'm testing it with "AlwaysMinimize").

1. Do I need to install service.Yatse2 if so, how do I install it? What does this service do exactly?

2. With Alwaysminimize feature enabled, Will installing service.Yatse2 or enable <FanartAlways>false</FanartAlways> make any difference to my NowPlaying experience? It looks like I get fanart for TV and Movies already.

3. I'd like more seamless playback between Kodi/MPC-HC/Yatse. I had tried your suggestion of using Kodi RemoteXtender; unfortunately, it wasn't very reliable when trying to use it with Yaste2. Is it possible to make the Socket version of Yatse eliminate the need for RemoteEXtender (for those that use MPC-HC as an external media player).

Thanks for all your time!
Hi
Presume the new version fixed the window minimise issue?

Re: Socket version
1. Yes as per my post you do need to install the service, if plan on using fanart socket features - if not and just using minimisealways won't change anything and will work fine without it.
I will add setting to disable socket connection so that using when latest version with minimisealways and no service will be exactly the same.

As per my post
Needs - service.Yatse2 to be added to:

%appdata%\Kodi\addons

Directory. Copy the directory and paste the directory.
Then go to Kodi, add-ons, Service and configure/enable Yatse2 service.
Defaults to localIP and port 5000 (these can be changed if needed but hopefully not needed too)
This service connects to Yatse2 in the background. Fairly robust connection/very low overhead.

2. No - there are no changes to Nowplaying display.
What it does is changes fanart as you browse movies or enter TV series - giving a fairly seamless fanart experience.
In my mind is also the most aesthetically pleasing use of 2nd screen for an Htpc.

3. Short answer no.
Technically yes you could code a connection between Kodi and yatse2 to send anything - that in my mind would over complicate it - rather it was robust. Also I suspect the information for external players is not held in Kodi (they are external after all) and would need some add on for each external player to function which would not be possible

Glenn
Hi Glenn, I'm happy to say so far the latest socket version EXE seems to fix the issue I reported with alwaysminimize! I've tried it a handful of times; it worked every time!

BTW: When the alwaysminimize feature maximizes Yatse (when Kodi media playback is initiated), I first see a glimpse of the blue Yatse Home screen.then the playnow fanart shows. Is there a way to avoid seeing the blue home screen immediate after Yatse is auto-maximized (going directly to PlayNow fanart)? I used to have a dark background in Yatse in an older build; which made the blue Homescreen--to->-PlayNow switch less noticeable. Maybe, there's a better way to handle this?
Hi
Couple of options
1. Change the background JPEG file - it's in the skin folder, labelled background - a few builds ago included a new darker one - could just alter the existing one to whatever colour you want.
Or
2. Could try disable animations/ they slow down the display of Nowplaying info and with minimisealways enabled not really needed.

Would be fairly difficult to delay showing screen without causing a whole lot of individual issues ie. To slow in some, to long in others.

Glenn
Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely do that once I get home.

I have a feature suggestion I keep forgetting to mention... sometimes, I accidentally close Yatse (when trying to close another application Window on my Windows Desktop). It would be nice to make it not-so-easy to close the app by offering an application Exit option via the Yatse System Tray icon; and, optionally disabling Yatse's Windows 7/8/10 tasktray icon.

(2015-06-22, 06:03)GlennNZ Wrote: Hi
Couple of options
1. Change the background JPEG file - it's in the skin folder, labelled background - a few builds ago included a new darker one - could just alter the existing one to whatever colour you want.
Or
2. Could try disable animations/ they slow down the display of Nowplaying info and with minimisealways enabled not really needed.

Would be fairly difficult to delay showing screen without causing a whole lot of individual issues ie. To slow in some, to long in others.

Glenn
(2015-06-20, 10:50)GlennNZ Wrote: Was thinking this was a thread of one!

Another forum member watching with great interest!

I never got the previous version to recognise that the screen on my HTPC was 800x480 (see p.45 of this thread), but your efforts to develop it has encouraged me to have another go with the settings on mine.

Keep up the good work!

bb69
Thanks.

Should be possible with current code.

Within the Yatse2.xml file - Change the ones below as required
Code:
<DMPelsWidth>800</DMPelsWidth>
    <DMPelsHeight>400</DMPelsHeight>
& probably need to change these as well
Code:
<DisableResolutionDetection>true</DisableResolutionDetection>
  <ForceResolution>false</ForceResolution>

Does mean the layout is slightly out on my system - but fanart should be fine as scaled to screen

Glenn
(2015-06-22, 23:15)GlennNZ Wrote: Should be possible with current code.

Hi,

Thanks for having a go at fixing my issue. I previously tried to change the screen resolution in the code. If I remember rightly, I tried various different resolutions, but none of the resolutions that I tried fitted the screen correctly.

Interestingly MKANET has the same screen size / resolution (800x480) on his HTPC (although it is a different PC case) and Yatse2 auto detected his screen. So I'm wondering if it something outside of Yatse2's settings?

Any suggestions gratefully received!
(2015-06-23, 13:57)billybob69 Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for having a go at fixing my issue. I previously tried to change the screen resolution in the code. If I remember rightly, I tried various different resolutions, but none of the resolutions that I tried fitted the screen correctly.

Interestingly MKANET has the same screen size / resolution (800x480) on his HTPC (although it is a different PC case) and Yatse2 auto detected his screen. So I'm wondering if it something outside of Yatse2's settings?

Would try the above (potentially again) and post trace enabled and debug enabled log to pastebin.com

May be the Disable resolution detection setting if haven't tried that before

Glenn
(2015-06-23, 14:13)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 13:57)billybob69 Wrote:

Hi,

Would try the above (potentially again) and post trace enabled and debug enabled log to pastebin.com

May be the Disable resolution detection setting if haven't tried that before

Glenn

Thanks for the continued support.

I will try the settings again and report back if I notice anything significant.

How do I run a trace enabled and debug enabled log?
in Yatse2 within settings enable debug and trace. Save and then restart
Log is in Log directory from Yatse2 main folder (wherever installed)

Glenn
re: DSPlayer Focus issues

Believe I have fixed Yatse and DsPlayer focus issues (believe it will also work with minimisealways - that was however slightly more problematic as restoring window should causes focus to follow)

https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases

YatseSocket3.01.zip files- replacement Plugin folder and Yatse2.exe

Also need to set to true below -
Code:

This was 1/2 the problem - everytime the screen changes/refresh-rate changes - Yatse2 detects it and runs a check screenresolution - this always grabs focus. Hence above steps needed to change the xml file.

Glenn
(2015-06-23, 23:07)GlennNZ Wrote: in Yatse2 within settings enable debug and trace. Save and then restart
Log is in Log directory from Yatse2 main folder (wherever installed)

Glenn

Hi,

Hopefully I have run the logs correctly, as for some reason today the app has been freezing -
http://pastebin.com/Nf4F6Xnu

There is another log file in the folder which is down as an "OLD" file, however the log is so big that pastebin won't allow it be to be saved

BTW: I notice that on p.36 / #530 there was another forum member who had a similar problem to me. I have tried their fix, but it didn't work for me. Although I notice that they have a graphics card installed, I don't and rely on the mobo to handle the graphics. I'm not sure if this is relevant?

Many thanks for your continued support.

bb69
Will have a longer look at your log, but at first glance - it's not connecting to any remote and the db seems corrupted.

The freezing in my testing most likely relates to Yatse2.db error/incompatibility.

Should delete the yatse2.db file - and reconnect your remote, may need to set fanartalways to false to enable this easily.

Doesn't appear to be connecting to Yatse2.service - ?not installed - shouldn't crash bc of that though.

Finally would : as earlier post -
Code:
  <ForceResolution>false</ForceResolution>

Interestingly looking at the screen code probably would try forceresolution true and false - certainly will give more log information.

Also would change - to correct frequency/refresh rate for that screen ?60[/code]
Code:
<DMDisplayFrequency>1</DMDisplayFrequency>

If all fails try running Yatse2 in main screen only (and adjust its size) before swapping over to 2nd screen. To make run in main screen only change the below.
Code:
<SecondScreen>false</SecondScreen>

Should be possible to have it running correctly in mainscreen, at the right size 800x400? and then we can work out the 2nd screen issues. (probably with more logging of the screenresolution code)

Edit:
Have put together a debug version - that logs what it finds regarding your 2nd screen if still having problems.
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/rele...ugging.zip

Glenn
Further to above:
Have updated github with another release 3.1
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/3.1

Added
<StartYatse2Server>true</StartYatse2Server>

If set to false - does not run listener thread waiting for yatse2.service from kodi to tell it browsing etc.
Effectively same as previous version - but can remain uptodate/use latest version.

Few changes to avoid stealing focus - with maximise/restore windows during playback, works well with my current setup of Dsplayer and MadVR exclusive mode.

More logging of 2nd screen problems.

Once working - turn off debug and trace logging!

Glenn
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5