• 49(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
(2015-06-29, 00:02)GlennNZ Wrote: You need to install the whole program setup file and the then update(s) over the top if needed/any. (Not just the 413kb update file as you appear to have done)

Hi,

I defo installed both files and not just the 413kb file. I think that I installed the service.setup file first followed by the socket file - as per the instructions pdf. If this was the wrong way around, perhaps it might be helpful to updated the pdf?

Anyway, installed 121 build successfully and all seems to be working well.

Couple of points; it might be worthwhile to set it as 'Open Yatse on Secondary Screen' as true by default, as initially I couldn't figure out why Yatse wasn't showing on my HTPC screen.
For anyone who installs Yatse for the first time, it might be useful to understand that it does take a while to download all the fanart and that it is still downloading the fanart when there is an hour glass next to the remote icon.

Is the Yatse window supposed to reduce in size when on the HTPC / secondary screen and I have increased the DPi on the main screen? It doesn't at the moment. No bother if it isn't supposed to, as I am more than happy with where we have got it now!

Cheers,
bb69
(2015-06-30, 10:49)billybob69 Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 00:02)GlennNZ Wrote: You need to install the whole program setup file and the then update(s) over the top if needed/any. (Not just the 413kb update file as you appear to have done)

Hi,

I defo installed both files and not just the 413kb file. I think that I installed the service.setup file first followed by the socket file - as per the instructions pdf. If this was the wrong way around, perhaps it might be helpful to updated the pdf?

Anyway, installed 121 build successfully and all seems to be working well.

Couple of points; it might be worthwhile to set it as 'Open Yatse on Secondary Screen' as true by default, as initially I couldn't figure out why Yatse wasn't showing on my HTPC screen.
For anyone who installs Yatse for the first time, it might be useful to understand that it does take a while to download all the fanart and that it is still downloading the fanart when there is an hour glass next to the remote icon.

Is the Yatse window supposed to reduce in size when on the HTPC / secondary screen and I have increased the DPi on the main screen? It doesn't at the moment. No bother if it isn't supposed to, as I am more than happy with where we have got it now!

Cheers,
bb69

Thanks - the earlier builds didn't close very well and could cause problems if auto start with windows was enable and tries to run a few builds - that may have been the issue. The install pdf is right - well not right or wrong shouldn't matter which one is installed first. Nonetheless - Good to here all working well.

Re: open second screen as default
yes that was default but changed it based on your issues because if have issues with second screen then very hard to troubleshoot if can see screen or doesn't open at all. Figured better to start first screen setup and then move over.

Re: dpi settings
I believe dpi settings are system wide rather than one Screen at a time. (Although haven't looked this up)
The 121 setup includes a registry change to run the yatse Exe without changing for the dpi - but this was dependant on a few factors (name, install location etc) and may have not stuck with your install.
try the method a post or two above right clicking on yatse Exe in its directory and change the compatibility settings as I indicated above.
That should run yatse at the correct resolution/Dpi regardless of what screen it's on. (Or turn dpi off - can cause similar issues with multiple apps)

Hope the fanart browsing is working well.

All the best

Glenn
(2015-06-30, 11:54)GlennNZ Wrote: try the method a post or two above right clicking on yatse Exe in its directory and change the compatibility settings as I indicated above.
That should run yatse at the correct resolution/Dpi regardless of what screen it's on. (Or turn dpi off - can cause similar issues with multiple apps)

I forgot to say that I tried that before, but it didn't work. Like I said, no bother, I'm well happy with how it is now!

I'd also like to make a donation for your contributions. Not sure where though?

Can I check whether Yatse2 is supposed to show this screen or whether this is from the Yatse remote control? Having a 'stop' button would be useful.

Also is there a way of stopping it flipping through the background fanart of different artists when playing a single? Ideally I would like the background fanart to remain on the artist of audio that is being played. Either way, no biggies!

Cheers,
bb69
(2015-06-30, 13:29)billybob69 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 11:54)GlennNZ Wrote: try the method a post or two above right clicking on yatse Exe in its directory and change the compatibility settings as I indicated above.

I forgot to say that I tried that before, but it didn't work. Like I said, no bother, I'm well happy with how it is now!

I'd also like to make a donation for your contributions. Not sure where though?

Can I check whether Yatse2 is supposed to show this screen or whether this is from the Yatse remote control? Having a 'stop' button would be useful.

Also is there a way of stopping it flipping through the background fanart of different artists when playing a single? Ideally I would like the background fanart to remain on the artist of audio that is being played. Either way, no biggies!

Cheers,
bb69

Re: donation - no bother - if insist welcome to donate to Kodi itself, if haven't already.

Re: screen
Yes that appears to be the yatse remote - appears if you press the remote control button. The stop button I believe is the square.
Don't use and haven't altered any of this functionality
When does that screen appear?

Re: audio fanart
Yeah audio fanart is a bigger problem. Kodi doesn't send the folder data unlike for TV or movies. Could try to parse artist and check for artist/extrafanart directory which might work on/think about now source.xml is working/implemented. But basically wanted to keep the yatse2.Kodi service very very simple and sending only one piece of data - to keep It as robust as possible. But as said will have a look and see what is possible within that premise. Having a thought about it - could use the JSON info to set the audio fanart hmmmmm... (Would only work when playing)

Glad all is going well
(2015-06-30, 14:01)GlennNZ Wrote: Re: donation - no bother - if insist welcome to donate to Kodi itself, if haven't already.
Will do. Thanks.

(2015-06-30, 14:01)GlennNZ Wrote: Re: screen
Yes that appears to be the yatse remote - appears if you press the remote control button. The stop button I believe is the square.

I haven't got that screen on my version of Yatse. The pic came from a search of google. I was just checking whether there wasn't something which I hadn't done in order to get that menu.

Re: audio fanart. If changes might compromise the reliability of Yatse, that is fine, I just wanted to see if there wasn't a quick solution in the settings.

Cheers.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2015-06-30, 14:35)billybob69 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 14:01)GlennNZ Wrote: Re: donation - no bother - if insist welcome to donate to Kodi itself, if haven't already.
Will do. Thanks.

(2015-06-30, 14:01)GlennNZ Wrote: Re: screen

I haven't got that screen on my version of Yatse. The pic came from a search of google. I was just checking whether there wasn't something which I hadn't done in order to get that menu.

Re: audio fanart. If changes might compromise the reliability of Yatse, that is fine, I just wanted to see if there wasn't a quick solution in the settings.

Cheers.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Wasn't sure you have seen this settings screen - notice the nowplaying option for audio files - if select this will get same nowplaying info that get with video files. With pause stop etc. Would NOT show fanart slideshow however - but will show current artist details with controls etc. Can also disable and show fanart alone.

To bring up the remote - need Kodi running and connected and press the remote button up by time.
Here. A bit hard to get to if fanart always being shown however and nowplaying info screen probably more useful, with fanart playing inbetween the nowplaying files.

I believe I should be able to change audio fanart behaviour without changing yatse2.service for kodi. Will only show correct fanart when playing as opposed to browsing - & will have a look at this when can/soon.

Glenn
Build 125

https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/v3.1

Adds support for artist fanart during music playback.
During audio playback if fanart always on and not using nowplaying info screen will show slideshow of artist fanart (regardless of browsing menu tv/movies etc) Enables fanart artist slideshow to continue during visualisation etc
Details of artist from
'Music Source / artistname / extrafanart /'
Appears to be default from artwork.downloader

Glenn
@GlennNZ : Thanks for maintaining this project alive Smile

You may want to send me a PR to update my README.md to add a part before actual saying something like :

Deprecated or no more maintained, a new up 2 date and maintained fork is avaible at .... thanks to .... (With some correct sentences of course :p )

So users can find your work easily.
Thanks for the info, re: bringing up the remote.

(2015-07-01, 10:05)GlennNZ Wrote: Adds support for artist fanart during music playback.
During audio playback if fanart always on and not using nowplaying info screen will show slideshow of artist fanart (regardless of browsing menu tv/movies etc) Enables fanart artist slideshow to continue during visualisation etc
Details of artist from

Have installed Build 125. I couldn't quite understand what it was supposed to change.
I can either get a screen where it shows the fanart large and small, but no pause / fast forward etc menu or a screen which shows the art with the audio being played but the fanart in the background is on rotation.
What I ideally wanted is when I am playing a single or album it shows the art of the album together with the background art of the artist along with the pause / fast forward etc menu. If that isn't what Build 125 was supposed to do, no worries!
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Thanks Glenn! I've been waiting for better Music fanart support.. I havent tested this yet.. But the older Yatse versions used to show the wrong music fanart during music media playback...

(2015-07-01, 10:05)GlennNZ Wrote: Build 125

https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/v3.1

Adds support for artist fanart during music playback.
Details of artist from

Glenn
(2015-07-01, 13:38)billybob69 Wrote: Thanks for the info, re: bringing up the remote.

(2015-07-01, 10:05)GlennNZ Wrote: Adds support for artist fanart during music playback.
Details of artist from

Have installed Build 125. I couldn't quite understand what it was supposed to change.
I can either get a screen where it shows the fanart large and small, but no pause / fast forward etc menu or a screen which shows the art with the audio being played but the fanart in the background is on rotation.
What I ideally wanted is when I am playing a single or album it shows the art of the album together with the background art of the artist along with the pause / fast forward etc menu. If that isn't what Build 125 was supposed to do, no worries!
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Ok - what build 125/126 does is plays a slideshow of artist fanart if fanartalways is enabled and NOT using nowplaying info screen for audio.

If browsing music directory will use default fanart for all music, once start playing a file it looks for artist specific fanart - ie.
Music source = G:\Music, artist located G:\Music\artist folder\extrafanart
This is the default of cdArt Manager Downloader/image downloader at least on my system. Obviously can change - and happy to discus - and did consider album specific extrafanart but likely fewer images/ not sure an automatic downloader.

So if this artist folder and extrafanart folder/files exists when playback starts will show slideshow of the currently playing artist - until,playback stops regardless of visualisation/ other menus etc.

If no images will default to default music fanart - presume what is happening in your system.

Now the Nowplaying current info screen fanart - this is dependent on Kodi and kodis information about album and artist fanart. If that is incorrect likely incorrect in Kodi somewhere or no fanart.

Glenn
All fanart works for me for TV Shows and Movies, just not Music.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I upgraded to the latest using the latest full installer. However, now Yatse wont get any Music Fanart at all from Kodi isengard Beta 2. I can see all the fanart in Kodi when the music is playing back; and, uses them with builtin Kodi's Milkdrop music screensaver. I have alwaysFanart enabled, refreshOnConnect, and cycle through music fanart enabled.

Below is what Kodi looks like during a song playback (with the Milkdrop screensaver animation in progress on the large 55" LCD TV):
Log would be great with trace and debug enabled.

For proper fanart browsing need yatse2.service installed and setup in kodi (Defaults should be okay) and StartYatse2Server set in xml or fanart settings page to enable.

But as mentioned - the nowplaying screen depends on Kodi setup of fanart (and I havnt changed this at all) - will have a look at your log though when post and double check Yatse2 current settings for this. This screen does work correctly on my system (also seems to work on bbob69 above) - but I mainly stream music, so haven't tested extensively.

Glenn
Reverting back to the old Yatse2 makes music fanart work again using the same settings in my XML config file. Kodi on my setup hasn't changed (plugin/addon-wise).

I agree, it DOES depend on my Kodi setup. However, nothing really changed there to change music fanart behavior (at least nothing obvious). It still displays the same in Kodi for the same albums and songs as before.

So, I also need to install the yatse2.service just to get music fanart to display in PlayNow? Any way to just get it to work more like before (without the need for depending on the service).

EDIT: This happens on ALL music... not just local music files; but, streaming too (like the Google Music addon).

PS: If you still need a log file, what do I need to do exactly to get you the information you need?
(2015-07-02, 04:54)MKANET Wrote: Reverting back to the old Yatse2 makes music fanart work again using the same settings in my XML config file. Kodi on my setup hasn't changed (plugin/addon-wise).

I agree, it DOES depend on my Kodi setup. However, nothing really changed there to change music fanart behavior (at least nothing obvious). It still displays the same in Kodi for the same albums and songs as before.

So, I also need to install the yatse2.service just to get music fanart to display in PlayNow? Any way to just get it to work more like before (without the need for depending on the service).

EDIT: This happens on ALL music... not just local music files; but, streaming too (like the Google Music addon).

PS: If you still need a log file, what do I need to do exactly to get you the information you need?

Log file - enable debug and trace in settings screen. Restart Yatse, log located in %appdata%\Yatse 3 Socket\Logs. Copy and paste log to pastebin.com and paste link.

re: Yatse2.service - shouldn't need to have service installed for music fanart - but may be how it is coded currently. Will check and update if easy fix (which should be) - But do need log to have a look at paths which is probably where the problem lies.

Glenn
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5