• 4(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Lot's of data loss here with users suggestions Sad

As a reminder Yatse 1.0 is out (with patch 1.1.2 if needed)

And V2 is slowly on it's way Smile

Micro preview : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMWKqPd7YsE
Well i'm not sure i've noted all users suggestions Smile

If users that have posted suggestion / request for V2 can post again it would help me a lot to not forget Smile

Thanks.
Hi Tolriq,

Some wild suggestions :-)
Since we have two type of users (status screen HTPC and remote control), perhaps two profiles:
- local:
* navigation as it is, is pretty fine. Add the possibility to allow folder browsing instead of only library mode would be nice.
* now playing: larger fonts and focus on time (start - end), progress (time)bar, some nice thumb/fanart to decorate.
* When not playing, weather status would be nice or return to movie/music view.
- remote:
~ no comments, since my focus lies on the local stuff.

I'm looking forward to its (V2) release !!
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
Thanks Smile

Finally i found french people to help me think more about design Smile
Some mockups :

And a little sneak video of V2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMWKqPd7YsE
(but it will change a lot)

But still lot's of work Smile still working on the base code to have good performance and better code Smile (way much much .... much better code :p)
Hi Tolriq,

From the youtube video, v2 is looking great. I have one problem with v1 which is that my touch screen device has a resolution of 800x480 so I can't access some of v1's functions such as Save Settings (!) so I can't get very far with it. (Tried it on a laptop and it works great.) Will v2 work with a resolution of 800x480?

Thanks

Well i'll try to see if it's possible.

But at 800*600 it's allready really difficult to put all informations and stay usable Sad

(For the config problem just copy a config file from another pc and just change the resolution in the xml Smile )
Hi, this looks fantastic (and exactly what I've been after), however, I can't seem to get it to run at all. I just get a "Yatse has encounted a problem, blah, blah." error every time I try to run the .exe.

I have 3.5 SP1 installed (indeed, I had it installed because of VS2008 on the same machine), and I can't figure out what I've done wrong?

Any pointers?

EDIT: When I click "Debug" to open in VS I get the error "Could not load type "System.windows.splashscreen" from assembly "WindowsBase version 3.0.0.0"
Well, please check that you have downloaded Version 1.0 then apply the path and not just trying to launch the patch Smile.

Then in the log subdirectory you should have a log file containing details on the crash.
If you can upload it.
And if the message talks about xbmc-ico.png please try the YATSE-test3.zip file.

Thanks.
Sorry, I'm not sure how to apply the patch. I have downloaded it, but it is exactly the same size as the yatse.exe included in the 1.0 install zip.

When I run either .exe I get the error come up.
You should unzip the 1.0 zip in a folder then overwrite the exe with the one from the patch.

Can you please check in the Log folder if there"s a .log file and upload it ?
Without details on the error message or log i can"t really help.
Hi,

Yes, that's what I've been doing. I've just tried it with the (no-icon) one as well, but the story is the same.

There is no log folder (or log file). Presumably it creates this when it runs - which of course it's not doing, it crashes before any code gets run by the looks of it.

The error is something to do with the splashscreen...perhaps I need to create a path to a jpg or something...?
Ok so you have the same problem that the other case with ressources but not for the same file ... that quite strange.

Can you please create a Log folder manually ?

Then the log file will be there so i can check if it's the exact same error Sad
Nope :-(

I created a Log folder, and a Logs folder when the Log one didn't work, and after the error they are both still empty.
Well i hate .Net for this Smile

Please try the test4 patch, no ico no splash Smile

But i'll need to find why Sad

What os and version do you use ?
What anti virus ?
What firewall ?
Hi, yeah, all the files on the download page give the same error.

I'm using XP SP3 - no virus software, no firewall. It's behind my hardware firewall, and is the only Windows machine on my network (the rest are all Linux).

The error that is shown when I try to run any of the exe files is the error above where it mentions something about the splashcreen.

I have .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed, and VS2008 - I'm just downloading the source to see if I can get it to run in debug mode.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5