Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Ok well I think I've gone wrong somewhere.. I'm only getting:

<html><li>Error:Unknown command</html>
for the first

and

<html></html>
for the second
Ok , so the second is a bug in xbmc and won't be corrected Sad

for the first the link was bad, did you try with the full url (missing the ) at the end)

http://192.168.0.192/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?c...seFormat()
speedway Wrote:Ok, I'll check this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Have a nice night ;-)

It works indeed, clicking on the remote icon and configuring the connection with the local (127.0.0.1) webserver on port 80. Nice version already !
Soundgraph published yesterday their implementation of XBMC, but it really sucks !!! Damn, thank god we have YATSE !

Some small suggestions (using YATSE as status tool on HTPC):
- will it be possible to choose a start up screen (movies, wheater, music, ...) instead of current (yet unfinished) screen ?
- can you enlarge the font of the movie time, incl. time bar ?
- can the finish time of movie be taken into account (e.g. beneath the duration time) ?
- the position of the volume bar is a little bit unhappy. I would preserve this area for movie information only (time bar, start and stop time, name of the movie)
=> perhaps when touching a button a control menu (volume, next, play, pauze, ...) can appear instead of movie information
- when the movie is finished, the fanart of the latest watched movie is remaining. Will it be possible to return to the home screen of YATSE ?

It isn't possible to configure anything when xbmc is running: is this correct ?

Best regards,
P.

PS: to show my appreciation, I donated 10 USD ;-)
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
speedway Wrote:- will it be possible to choose a start up screen (movies, wheater, music, ...) instead of current (yet unfinished) screen ?

I got to check how to do that in a simple way but why notSmile

speedway Wrote:- can you enlarge the font of the movie time, incl. time bar ?

One goal of this V2 is to be very much more customisable in the skins (you can change not only images, but font face, all colors, most animations, buttons , lists design, and more).
I will make the maximum options possible to skin for the currently playing screen to be useable by users like us with far remote, and users with near remotes like eeepc.

speedway Wrote:- can the finish time of movie be taken into account (e.g. beneath the duration time) ?

Well i can add this Smile it's lot's easier with JSONRPC that give correcly formated data but it's good idea

speedway Wrote:- the position of the volume bar is a little bit unhappy. I would preserve this area for movie information (time bar, start and stop time, name of the movie)
=> perhaps when touching a button a control menu (volume, next, play, pauze, ...) can appear instead of movie information

Well the problem is that real time volume information can help to see if muted or low sound quickly before turning the ampli to the max Smile
The same for the few buttons, having most common ones without the need to clic on a button before, seems faster.
And the design is used also for music and tv showsn hard to find something coherent not too awfull,

When it'll done, when in currently view, the remote icon near the time (icon will change :p) a complete remote will popup to have a full access to all commands.

speedway Wrote:- when the movie is finished, the fanart of the latest watched movie is remaining. Will it be possible to return to the home screen of YATSE ?

Yes, i will add this home or the starting page configured.

speedway Wrote:It isn't possible to configure anything when xbmc is running: is this correct ?

Not sure to understand, to add a remote XBMC must be runing because i do checks to be sure user put the correct data Smile But Yatse config can be done without xbmc, and Yatse do work and now allow browsing even with XBMC off.

speedway Wrote:PS: to show my appreciation, I donated 10 USD ;-)

Thanks a lot, i add the button at your request Smile glad to see you love this software.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ClrebrxOHw

WIP on home screen.
With that link I get:

<html><li>OK</html>

PS. The work in progress home screen looks nice! Big Grin
Ok i've downloaded the same build as you and i found the problem.

Next patch should work Smile but you should update your version to a more recent one if you don't use plugins / scripts since there's some timeout on the web interface in this one.
Ah! I'm glad its not me doing something noobish Big Grin
I just used whatever the XBMC updater gives me and thats the latest version it gives so other might be in the same boat.. but regardless I'll do an update Smile..
Thanks for your help
Tolriq Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ClrebrxOHw

WIP on home screen.

hi there
great stuff ! Smile finally something very good for my soundgraph LCD Smile

i have 4 inch small LCD and Yatsy first version is too small Smile

but i cant ghet yatse 2 working, is it not ready yet ?
i even cant see XBMC connection options
Yatse 2 is not production ready but you can configure connection to XBMC juste use the remote menu Smile

What do you mean by Yase is too small ? you can change Yatse resolution to fit your needs.
Tolriq Wrote:Yatse 2 is not production ready but you can configure connection to XBMC juste use the remote menu Smile

What do you mean by Yase is too small ? you can change Yatse resolution to fit your needs.

thx Smile just figured out where is connection setup

too small means on 4 inch display thumbs and progress bar is tiny Smile
+ movie information is just bars even if i look at them from 1 inch Smile)

so if in new version it will be customizable - that would be great

all i need is BIG thumb + bold contrast pogress bar Smile
Well V2 will not be 100% customisable Sad

Hope what's in it will be enough;
Tolriq Wrote:Well V2 will not be 100% customisable Sad

Hope what's in it will be enough;

lets see Smile
Can the people who tried Yatse2 preview give some feedback about connexion to XBMC and library / file syncs ?

Does everything works ? Any errors other than button doing nothing ?
Tolriq,

I love your project - very awesome Nod
I searched many many times for some nice, "flowy" and smooth interface for touchscreens - I guess I finally found it!

I installed YATSE2 and was able to connect (using HTTP on local machine on port 80)
After connection some informations apear about file sync. I see that info for about 1-2 seconds. Then returning to main screen.
What I found then is that YATSE is very unresponsive after connecting, meaning It will not really react on any button clicks. For me it seems it is highly loaded and unable to catch and serve requests from user interface (like button clicks).

Best regards
MArkus
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5