• 11(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
You're right. Its likely not that much slower - its difficult to measure and I am always hoping for a better performance on my slow system ;-).

I got all my libs updated now (can be a horrible work to clean it all up).

It seems to work quite well, now.

However all the covers and fanarts in the video section remain black and it takes several minutes until some of them appear .... (probably only a problem when the library is new).

I like the very fast switch to the weather information - look is very nice.

Now I finally also understood the way of flipping through the library with the letter. However, since I passed the 40 already, my reaction is slow, and the letters should not dissapear that fast ;-).

The idea of having the favorites selected is great and works nice and easy. Furthermore, a Genre menu for movies would also make selection faster.

It seem to be more stable, now - maybe it was all a problem with my screwed up libraries.

Looking forward to the next version with Music support.

--> Btw: Internet radio would be a nice option as well ;-).
I've tried Yatse 2 for testing purposes in single screen set up. The first impressions are very positive. Hoping that the music section will be implemented soon. I am thinking of wall mounting a mimo imo touch (USB powered 7 inch touch screen)to control XBMC. The touchscreen can be bought at http://www.mimomonitors.com/ (I am not a share holder Big Grin) . This product is probably the reason why the resultion of 800x480 is requested.
Be carefull that 800*480 is supported via hacks.

The official supported minimal resolution is 800*600 (to 1920*1200 :p)

Sorry for lack of updates but lot's of work and i must also admit that i get my hand on a Starcraft II beta Key so trying it a little Smile

Since there's not so much error report on the actual 2 alpha. The rest should follow quick as my graphist finish the mockups.

Tolriq.
Hi Tolriq,

Just been playing with yatse for the first time - awesome concept. Love the way you have handled sharing the focus with xbmc, works really well. Running it on my 7" integrated touch screen on a Silverstone LC18. Best touchscreen implementation for XBMC yet.

V2 is looking great already, any news on the music front? especially the album view! Will this be Album/Artist, or will you add the sorting as an option? Genre just confuses the wife Big Grin

Keep up the good work (if you can keep away from Starcraft - missed out on the beta Sad) If you need some help, I am a c# dev by trade mostly on web apps and silverlight, so WPF is no mystery (he says already looking at the source!!)
For the moment the plan for music is :

Artist -> Albums -> Songs
Albums -> Songs
Genres -> Albums -> Songs

Ordered by alpha with each time a play button to play all artist, all genre all album ...

For the moment i need times to do things so my graphist finish the mockups :p

When all is implemented and working i'll upload the V2 source, and i'll be glad to have some help to migrate to .net 4 for 2.5 so that i can do a reall full skinnable tool.
great stuff, already getting my head into .Net 4 and VS 2010.

just PM me as and when you need a hand
You have some time Smile

But the biggest change will be full loose xaml migration :p so if you master this it will be piece of cake for you Smile
Is it possible to port yatse on linux or there is a ready alternative?
Tolriq, great app. Any chance you'd consider organizing music with an option for Genre-->Artist-->Album-->Song? I realize that's an extra level.

Also, I get black silhouettes and not actual thumbnails in the movie browser in the April 25 alpha version. Is that to be expected?

Again, great app and the new GUI looks fantastic. Looking forward to the final release.
I'm checking this page each day ... I can't wait for the next Alpha or Beta version ;-) ...
@Max1m : No port to Linux Sad i use too much Microsoft things.

@swalter : Not for the initial V2 since i'm really really late on my planning Sad.
Can you please upload you log after you update your library so i can check what is wrong, you should have the covers Smile

@Phantomatz : I finally got a bigger command for my job meanning i can go back to work on yatse Smile but at this time i prefer not give any date for next alpha with all functionnality but i hope to have something near end of month.
Playing around with both the latest XBMC and a few other near latest builds just to check if it works, and also the latest Yatse

I'm still having trouble with the error message of adding remote "Bad remote parameters. Please check the remote is running and correctly configured"

Looking at the log file it seems to connect:

[18:35:51.5808] Yatse2Api () : Test connection : 192.168.0.192:
[18:35:51.5898] Yatse2Api (Http) : Test connection : Response : OK

Any ideas?
Do you get System-Info?

like:
Code:
[15:32:58.9733] Yatse2Api () : Test connection : 192.168.2.20:8080
[15:32:58.9783] Yatse2Api (Http) : Test connection : Response : OK
[15:32:58.9846] Yatse2Api (Http) : COMMAND : GetSystemInfo - 667
[15:32:59.3908] Yatse2Api (Http) : COMMAND : GetSystemInfo - 667
[15:32:59.3971] Yatse2Api (Http) : COMMAND : GetSystemInfo - 120
[15:32:59.4008] Yatse2Api (Http) : COMMAND : GetSystemInfo - 146

And have you tried to enter a proper Portnumber?
Your log looks like no Port where specified.
My mistake, I was mucking around with different port numbers and that sort of thing in attempts to make it work.
However I just tried a different XBMC build (pre 30xxx) and I'm having more luck.. Just seems to be a problem with the latest builds...
and to answer your question, no i dont get the system info- just blank after
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5