• 14(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Tolriq Wrote:It's because of the background image downloading Smile

You must let this part finish at least once to have the cache filled.

When Topfs have finished JSON i will be able to switch to it to have a better way to download image that does not demand too much ressources to XBMC (BASE64 encode).
If it's not finished for the next stable release, i'll release an hybrid plugin to use JSON for file download and HTTP for control.

You can check in the log file when the initial file sync is over (it can be long if lot's of image, as long as V1 but since it's in background when you have a powerfull computer or use a different one than XBMC it permit to use YATSE sooner and not wait XX minutes for the full images sync).

But you can fill the cache with the cache from YATSE V1 or an old V2 installation. Just copy the image in the appropriate dir (theres more on V2 than in V1 (artists ...) but it should gain a lot of time).

I waited 5-10 minutes and it worked. Thanks !
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
Tolriq,
You are doing an awesome job on the interface. Please take a look at this Touchscreen UI for XBMC, maybe it will give you ideas. It is by far the best I've seen - I'm envious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaejslEb-fE
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hey Tolriq

V2 is looking so good! What seriously great work you're doing.

After downloading images, I checked the log.

I got alot of these:

[08:34:43.4404] Yatse2Api-XHT : DOWNLOAD : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/1/17576eb7.tbn
[08:34:43.4404] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/0a1dc301.tbn
[08:34:43.4534] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/5/54bbf592.tbn
[08:34:43.5064] Yatse2Api-XHT : DOWNLOAD : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/5/54bbf592.tbn
[08:34:43.5064] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/0a1dc301.tbn
[08:34:43.5194] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/d/de00c372.tbn
[08:34:43.6114] Yatse2Api-XHT : DOWNLOAD : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/d/de00c372.tbn
[08:34:43.6124] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/9d202374.tbn
[08:34:43.6194] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/4/4bbf1354.tbn

which I assume is perfect.

Then XBMC went into screensaver mode, and I started getting boatloads of these:

[08:34:50.5078] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c2441919.tbn
[08:34:53.0230] Yatse2Api-XHT : ERROR - COMMAND : FileExists : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c2441919.tbn - The operation has timed out
[08:34:53.0230] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/7/7a0b3b63.tbn
[08:34:55.5381] Yatse2Api-XHT : ERROR - COMMAND : FileExists : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/7/7a0b3b63.tbn - The operation has timed out
[08:34:55.5381] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/105dd8c5.tbn
[08:34:58.0533] Yatse2Api-XHT : ERROR - COMMAND : FileExists : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/105dd8c5.tbn - The operation has timed out
[08:34:58.0533] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/8/81b23a4d.tbn
[08:35:00.5684] Yatse2Api-XHT : ERROR - COMMAND : FileExists : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/8/81b23a4d.tbn - The operation has timed out
[08:35:00.5684] Yatse2Api-XHT : COMMAND : FileExists - special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/78f69cd2.tbn
[08:35:03.0835] Yatse2Api-XHT : ERROR - COMMAND : FileExists : special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/78f69cd2.tbn - The operation has timed out

After cancelling the screensaver, the errors continued. So I'm not sure if its actually the screensaver, or what is going on.

the movies and music seem to work very well. But when I click 'TV Shows', the screen kind of blinks, but nothing happens.

I'm finding myself searching the screen for a back button. How the heck do we go back one screen? All I can think of doing is hitting the home button and navigating back to where I was.

Other than that, I really need a way to remotely switch profiles. I have separate kids and adult profiles, I think many people do.

Thanks for the great work!
@Livin : What do you think this interface have that Yatse don't ? (appart from the iphone style scrolling of course :p but it's a big iphone so :p)

@vinistois : Operation timeout are not normal. It's like if the xbmc webserver is down. Can you check the XBMC log to see if there"s something in it ?.

Currently TV is not implemented Smile It will be for next update.

There is no back button, when do you need one ?

And for the remote profile switch there's no Api to do that i'm aware of. Perhaps you can ask for implementing one in XBMC.

A part from that, Yatse can now handle multiple XBMC connection, so you can add a XBMC Adult and XBMC Child profile. And from Yatse select the one that is currently logged. I'll try to add an option to enforce current logged profile so that data does not messed up on connect if the correct remote is not selected.
nothing seems to be abnormal in the log, although I'm not really familiar with what I'm looking at.

I installed YATSE on a second machine and received the same errors.

Say you're browsing your music, you click an artist, the albums are listed. You decide its not the correct artist, how do you go back one screen? You have to go back to home, click on artists again.

I have profile switching mapped to the 'p' key. I have it on my logitech remote mapped to a 'profile' button, its very useful. Perhaps you could have a 'remote control' section that simply allows the user to send keystrokes to XBMC. Would be nice to have the up/down scrolling so I can actually use YATSE as a remote control. Look at the XBMC remote for WEB-OS, that is a very good example of a touch-screen friendly remote control interface. Ideally, on the home page, I could add profiles the same as adding servers. Would just need to add a 'profile' box in the add server dialog, and I would add the same server twice, once for each profile.

AND I have to bitch again about the touch-screen scrolling. IMO there has to be a way to make it work properly. I talked to you previously about chrome-touch, it is a touchscreen scrolling addon for google chrome. Its just an example, but this is the kind of scrolling we need in this program. I have installed that addon on multiple machines in resolutions from 800x480 up to 1900x1600, with all manners of touchscreen controllers, without any issue whatsoever. It gives you a few parameters, and once tuned, it works for everyone. I just don't understand why its so difficult to implement in this program? The user puts his finger down, you 'grab' that pixel. The user moves that pixel over how ever many pixels they feel like, and you move the whole list over horizontally by that many pixels. When the user lets go, you give the list inertia proportional to how much movement, and how fast it was. The inertia causes the list to keep moving a bit, eventually coming to a stop. The settings in chrome touch don't usually work very smoothly at default, but a couple minutes fine tuning and it feels perfectly natural every time.

I only have a couple hundred movies. But searching through them using this app is painful. I have to click click click click click click... its just not worth it, easier to walk over and grab the remote.
It's normal you get the same error on another installation.
The error is that XBMC does no more communicate at some times with the network on HTTP. What build do you use ?

The first thing i'll do after finish the TV part is the hybrid json part for better file downloading.

What command did you put in your keymap to bind profile switch to a key ? I can perhaps use this.

For the remote part there'll be one as in V1 :

And for the scrolling part i'm pretty sure too it's possible, but at this time, i'm not able to do it Smile i'm quite new to C# and WPF. The 3D Coverflow is something from a toolkit i found, my level is not good enough to handle all the resolution impact on the camera and real object size to handle it correctly right now.

But be sure that i'll try again as my skill grows up Smile
<b>LoadProfile(KIDS)</b>

and on the kids profile keymap:

<b>LoadProfile(PARENTS)</b>

so it works as a back-and-forth switching.

the remote part looks great!

I totally understand your position about the scrolling, its better to offer something that works than not. Maybe you could provide us a scrollbar that we can drag across to scroll quickly? Just like the file position bar in the now playing window, just a simple bar with a dot on it that we can click and drag. Ideally I'd like to be able to get from A to Z in half a second, rather than 30 seconds.

Thanks so much for all your efforts. Its 98% there, its so close!
one more comment: On the weather screen, its hard to see which day is today, which is tomorrow, etc etc. It would be better I think if all 4 days were lined up horizontally, instead of the 4 tiles. Even better if they were titled "TODAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY"
OMG how can i miss this one ....

I think i can handle profile change on remote connexion Smile.
You'll have to log in XBMC with one profile, add the remote, log with the other profile and then add another remote.

Then when connecting to a remote, Yatse will check if the logged profile is ok and if not will force load Smile

For A to Z in half a second it's allready here :p Just drag the A letter to the left and the list scroll to Z Smile

For weather, at this time there's no today :p only the top right icon. Will try to change disposition hope it will render ok in all resolutions.
Tolriq Wrote:OMG how can i miss this one ....

I think i can handle profile change on remote connexion Smile.
You'll have to log in XBMC with one profile, add the remote, log with the other profile and then add another remote.

Then when connecting to a remote, Yatse will check if the logged profile is ok and if not will force load Smile

For A to Z in half a second it's allready here :p Just drag the A letter to the left and the list scroll to Z Smile

For weather, at this time there's no today :p only the top right icon. Will try to change disposition hope it will render ok in all resolutions.

Sounds great! I try to drag the letters, it just doesn't work for me - nothing happens.

What is your recommended touch setting? click on touch, click on lift, emulate mouse, etc.

Mine has a thing where if you hold in one spot for 3 seconds, it does a right click. Maybe this is interfering somehow?
Emulate mouse should works ok.

I don't think that a 3 sec action can block the drag / drop function.

Try with a mouse left click on the letter while going to left or right and stop click. You can move a lot or a little, no impact just change by a letter.

But as you can see we are in the perfect case of touchscreen that does not react like others and make pinch to scroll hard to code Sad
hmmm, this one's just a standard 3m touchscreen, should be as standard as they come. Oh well, I'll play around with it some more.

I can drag icons on the desktop around no problem, as well as use the chrome-touch thing no problem, so I don't think its a specific touchscreen issue.
Tolriq Wrote:@Livin : What do you think this interface have that Yatse don't ? (appart from the iphone style scrolling of course :p but it's a big iphone so :p)

A lot of cool things about the layout
Always access to the controls panel
Object animations
etc

I just thought it was a really well planned layout and some cool eye candy.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:A lot of cool things about the layout
Always access to the controls panel
Object animations
etc

I just thought it was a really well planned layout and some cool eye candy.

Well there's cool things, if you want a particular thing implemented just ask Smile
But the ipad resolution is bigger than standard Yatse one, and the ipad version is made only for one resolution and near eyes functionning.

I try to design Yatse to be used near or far and for resolution going from 800*600 (480) to 1920*1200. That adds some constraint to design and implementation Smile
Hi
Does YATSE support playlists ?

Id love to use it as a musicviudeo-jukebox, where guests are able to queue videso in the playlist.

Thanks and br
Tahooma
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5