• 17(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Hi Tolriq,

I finally got my X$§$%§$%W$§$§$"§$ Silverstone GD02-MT back to work.

Unfortunately, no idea how ... reinstalling everything changing all USB connectors, disabling all power savings, .... pushing all connectors, .... however it works.

I probably do not have the latest version installed (will do so during the next weekend), but one comment.

The home button on the top left is very small. With my large fingers it always takes several shots to get back to the menu.

The weather works great !!!

Best regards
Great news Smile

The button is now a back button but it's size has not changed.

There's a lot of button of the same size on the interface Sad

Do you have problems on others ? like the play or info button in movie view or the top right green / red remote one ?

If it's only the position i can try to move it a little to the right, if it's really the size will be hard to put all those buttons a lot more bigger Sad
Keep the buttons the same size but increase their hit size until they are almost touching each other. That way, any click, anywhere near the back button, will issue a 'back' command.

That bugger of a play button can take 20-30 hits before it activates for me, and that's on a 15" screen!
Thumbs Up 
Every day i use Yatse i like it better.

Tolriq, you're doing amazing job.

I've donate a little just to show some appreciation.

I love the Diaporama mode, it's the reason i leave Yatse on all day long.

I wish there was a clock overlay on top Diaporama mode.
My solution was to put a windows clock gadget on top Yatse, but a clock overlay and maybe an alarm clock (that play something) would be great.

Also I think that the selected directory in Diaporama mode should include subdirectories.

Maybe allow to change the timing when Diaporama mode start or to include a mini button to start it.

When playing ends Yatse goes to the homepage, i know the homepage can be change, but why not just return to the last screen?

I would like to see a when listing genre or albums or artists an option to play all.
And a shuffle button (or some kind of party mode).

Also a repeat button is nice feature (or to determine this under settings).

A real nice feature would be to autoplay next album in list.

and again thanks for a the work you've done.
dhead Wrote:Every day i use Yatse i like it better.

Tolriq, you're doing amazing job.

I've donate a little just to show some appreciation.

I love the Diaporama mode, it's the reason i leave Yatse on all day long.

My solution was to put a windows clock gadget on top Yatse, but a clock overlay and maybe an alarm clock (that play something) would be great.

Also I think that the selected directory in Diaporama mode should include subdirectories.

Maybe allow to change the timing when Diaporama mode start or to include a mini button to start it.

When playing ends Yatse goes to the homepage, i know the homepage can be change, but why not just return to the last screen?

I would like to see a when listing genre or albums or artists an option to play all.

and again thanks for a the work you've done.

Well thanks a lot, i really appreciate.

Thats a lots of suggestion Smile at this time i try to finish this 2.0 to have a more robust version than 1.0.
So i won't implement complex things before 2.X to satisfy mosts users.

Well not really a problem to add a text overlay with clock.
If you want something more complex will need ideas and mockup to see if i can.

alarm clock

I don't think i will implement that as dedicated program will allways go better that what i can do. If i just add a simple one, users will ask for more and at this time this is not the target.
Diversification will surely most go on streaming media directly to YatseSmile

The mini button was present in firsts mockups of V2 then removed since no place. But now i can put it back on home screen.
I'll add the option to change timing for screensaver in directly in the XML. Not enough space in small screens to add 1000 options :p

This have been requested before like that. Will add an option in the XML to allow change. Will see wich one is the default :p users can give their thinks :p

Allready in it the play button under an artist or a genre play all.

What do you mean by party mode ?
For the shuffle, adding another button near the play button won't look good, perhaps add a toggle in home screen like favorites, or an option ?

I can add a button in the remote part to toggle repeat or not.
At this time i don't know if i can get the information back to give feedback to user.

Wont be implemented like that, because XBMC can do things others that the one send by Yatse, so i don't really know if an album is finished to play or if the user have stoped for any reason or ..... And then come the way to cancel the continue and so on Smile
In 2.X i'll implement playlist so you can do more or less this.
Thanks for the info. During the weekend I will install the latest version and do some more testing. Currently I am pretty busy.

Currently I have mainly only problems with the back / home button (top left), because actually I mainly test the music options to use the HTPC as "stand alone" player - playing movies also includes swithich on the TV.

And I agree, a "party mode" would be great !

--> Selecting several "most favorite" songs which are then played in random order --> I would even copy them and tag them as a different "genre", but I would not like to have the music played in alphabetic order of artist which would probably happen without a special random function correct ? The file names will be "Artist - Song.mp3" ?

Best regards

Holger
Well for party mode i've looked a little the way xmbc implement that and i don't see how i can do an interface to create such files on small touch screens.

What i can implement is :
- Random mode. When you play something is goes random (since you can select all from a genre or artists it may be ok, and more in V2.X with playlist)
- Random favorite mode (Add some kind of toggle button like the favorite one, that when activated, if you then click artists / albums / genre, it will auto play all favorites from the selected section in random mode).

And why not in a far far far future, some kind of xml like xbmc.

For the button size problem, the last version have info and such buttons on audio too Smile
For next version all the ellipsis will be useable to go back should be enough Smile
Quote:What i can implement is :
- Random mode. When you play something is goes random (since you can select all from a genre or artists it may be ok, and more in V2.X with playlist)
- Random favorite mode (Add some kind of toggle button like the favorite one, that when activated, if you then click artists / albums / genre, it will auto play all favorites from the selected section in random mode).

Sounds Great.
Agreed ... sounds great ... the random mode would make me happy ;-).
Well since i won't have time for near a week from tomorrow i give you a Refresh 4 Smile

Still no Tv :p (ok perhaps i always put this part on bottom of my todo list :p but i hate the design part :p)

Added : Option to do Genre -> Artists -> Albums
Added : Double click on albums to go details
Added : Option to disable Fanart rotation on currently music
Added : XML Option to change Screen saver timing
Added : XML Option to go home instead of back on end media (was go home before)
Added : Button to start diaporama on home (design / position may change give ideas Smile )
Changed : Bigger hit size for most of the small buttons.

Next things to come are :
French Translation
Tv Shows
Hybrid Json API

At this time i'll release a real alpha since all is implemented.

If not any bug reports i'll perhaps add some new features before beta.
Then feature freeze / beta / RC if needed then release.

And after at a more regular speed 2.1 2.2 2.3 with features add Smile

Tolriq.
Great.
Here's an updated language file.
http://www.2shared.com/file/jZb12UVT/Hebrew.html
Thanks updated on web site so users can download.

Do you think that a option to auto check for updates for Yatse or langs file is necessary ?
I'd love an auto update feature for yatse! Especially if it can handle downloading it and updating itself..
I don't know why but i was pretty sure to see such answer Wink

Will see what i can do, for lang files not really a problem, for auto updating Yatse it will surelly be more complicated but i'll perhaps find a easy way.
You might want to check out ClickOnce in .NET for auto updating YATSE.

Here's a small article about how to use it. You can also get a bit of info from the Microsoft website.

http://binary-studio.com/blog/technical-...echnology/

Cheers
Kabooga
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5