• 19(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
http://pastebin.com/62YGS1Mk

I don't see anything about resolution.

I have a HP tm2 tablet with Ati Mobility 4550
Hum after looking at my code i don't log much on this part Smile Will add but i'm in a middle of big changes so can't just patch the refresh 4.

So problem can be : Yatse sees a second screen but that can't handle any resolution more that 800*x and 32 bit colors.
Or just than the main screen can't go 32bit colors.

Can you check in Windows display settings if there's a disabled second screen and if the main screen does do 32bit colors ?
I just received the laptop yesterday so I didn't have a chance to hook up a second display. I double-checked windows and ati settings and the main display is set to 1200x800 and 32 bit is enabled.

No big deal, I can wait till you have a chance to update. I may do a clean install in a few days, maybe that will fix it.
Ok Smile

I move for the week end but next update should be on end of next week.

With lot's of new stuff that i hope users will like.

Tolriq.
Tolriq,

Frankly your stuff ROCKS full stop, beautifully made great idea's and it's just unbelievable - I think you would make a good dime or two for iPhones and iPad's (reading this entire thread I know you don't want to go down that route Big Grin)

A question I have for you - since this is developed in .net have you considered releasing a "XBMC .net Library or wrapper" for JSon commands to XBMC even if its just simple commands like play, pause etc, this would most definitely help us minions develop little tools and the likes with all the DAM EXCELLENT work you have done. I know your stuff is posted on google code I was just trying to figure out if you had a single DLL or lib one could use to call those commands (Play, Pause etc) via JSon?

Again - I remain a fan of your work and well done man!!
For the moment json is not really implemented as it lacks too much things needed for Yatse.

I hope the team will fill the gaps so we can fully move towards it.

In V2 code that is not yet released, i now use an api and plugin architecture that will permit to wrap more media center that xbmc and different xbmc api.
So you'll find a dll that should feed your needs when V2 is officially out.

Tolriq.

And for iPhone / iPad since i don't own one it's hard to go this route Smile Perhaps when a good android tablet comes out i'll move to android future will tell Smile
Tolriq Wrote:For the moment json is not really implemented as it lacks too much things needed for Yatse.

I hope the team will fill the gaps so we can fully move towards it.

In V2 code that is not yet released, i now use an api and plugin architecture that will permit to wrap more media center that xbmc and different xbmc api.
So you'll find a dll that should feed your needs when V2 is officially out.

Tolriq.

And for iPhone / iPad since i don't own one it's hard to go this route Smile Perhaps when a good android tablet comes out i'll move to android future will tell Smile

thank you for your reply Tolriq!

That's interesting, did they change the HTTP API calls, I have a interface into XBMC that used HTTP API calls that worked on 9.11 build and on early nightly builds i.e. 26xx upto 28xx and just stopped working from those builds onwards.....

Can't wait for V2 if there is anything I can help with (pre alpha alpha alpha Smile) testing or coding please let me know
What devices do people recommend for this?
automateXBMC Wrote:thank you for your reply Tolriq!

That's interesting, did they change the HTTP API calls, I have a interface into XBMC that used HTTP API calls that worked on 9.11 build and on early nightly builds i.e. 26xx upto 28xx and just stopped working from those builds onwards.....

Can't wait for V2 if there is anything I can help with (pre alpha alpha alpha Smile) testing or coding please let me know

Yes there's small changes, the way \n are send back differ between versions Smile
And in most recent builds a view about tv shows is gone Smile but usually not a lot of code to change to stay compatible with 9.11 and last builds.

@Mrkennedy : it depends on how you want to use it Smile
Actually if you want it on the htpc far away imon 7'' 800*600 touch device are good.

It you want some kind of tablet, some people use eeepc.

There's lot's of idea in this thread about different devices.
Tolriq - would you mind having a look at my discussion here (Saves me double posting) - it shows my current way of sending commands (which is now not responding) - You might be able to answer the question in like 2 minutes I put alot of info in there including the code I am using?

It's on this forum - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76811
Here we are.

The Yatse2 web site : http://yatse.leetzone.org

This will permit much better support and request following Smile

This also adds Web installer and Auto Update feature.

Since again lot's of things change. You need to do a fresh install.

This should be the last fresh install needed Smile This release should have the beta status but since it still miss TV support i can't call it like that.

But auto updates should simplify users life now and help me release builds more often.

First post updated (here)

Edit : Add a little video of usage Smile
Build 107 online.

Add a new plugin for Dharma (Actually all builds> 28000).
This permit a faster file synchronisation using VFS. (1 GB of cache is filled in 3 mins on a fast computer where it was like 30 mins with camelot.).

Use the check update in settings or restart Yatse to auto update Smile
Tolriq:
Thank you for this great software, its really kind of you putting so much work on it! Smile
Anyway, Im having some issues...

I have a 12" wall mounted touchscreen running 1280x800 resolution as my Primary Screen. As second screen I have my 50" TV.

I would like to have XBMC always running on the Secondary screen, and YATSE always running on my Primary screen. The problem that occurs is that when I use the touch screen xbmc is minimized.
Is this software not made for beeing used with both YATSE and XBMC on the same computer? Or is there something I can do to fix this?
Also, is it possible to have any other media view then filmstrip mode? Like wallcover mode, or small and big cover view?

Thanks for your great work!
Hello,

Yes Yatse can be used in this configuration (this is the case of half of Yatse Users).

I've updated the wiki : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...XbmcConfig
to reflect the needed change in the xbmc configuration. (See the end).

In the current version, you can't change all the design in the skins but i hope to find time to implement such things in the future.

But as you said this project takes me a lot of time, and now the server to handle install / update take some times too Smile So i can't promise anything nor any date.
Tolriq Wrote:As promised, a refresh of Pre Alpha Smile

Please do a fresh install or delete your Yatse2.db as the database as changed and i won't handle upgrade path for alpha Smile

There's a lot of change in the back office for more stability and near full audio support (missing song view handling will probably only be as some kind of info popup on album view).

The designs of the Audio browse view may change in future builds.

This build still lacks Tv Shows supports.

This build should work for any XBMC >= 9.11 (tested up to : build 30655 )

Even if alpha please upload logs and reports major problems to reduce the alpha and beta cycle to it's minimum Smile

Next build should be a real alpha with all functions included.

Does many of you use banners for tv shows and seasons ? (or fanart type image ?) instead of classical thumbs ?

Very nice ! Great improvements.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5