• 25(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Hi Tolriq,

thank you very much for your fast response.
I created now a PR in your Redmine and attached my log file.

Cheers,
Jörg
Hello,

I just installed Yatse on my tablet.

It's a iiView M1Touch (Atom with 3150 GMA).

And it's slooooooooooooooowwwww.

And if I desactivate the animations I just can't slide in my movies anymore No !!

If you need I can do some test.

I hope Yatse will be optimize to run on "normal tablet".
stasdros83 Wrote:Hello,

I just installed Yatse on my tablet.

It's a iiView M1Touch (Atom with 3150 GMA).

And it's slooooooooooooooowwwww.

And if I desactivate the animations I just can't slide in my movies anymore No !!

If you need I can do some test.

I hope Yatse will be optimize to run on "normal tablet".

Im going to test it out on my netbook because i plan on using this on the tablet pc below when its releases next month.
http://www.exopc.com/en/exopc-slate.php
Well the animation are slow on GMA but can be disabled, i'll look about the scrolling problem but it should not Smile

The rest is totally useable, it was really slow only during first synchronisation of images.
I'll also try to add quickly a image cropper to use less memory (but will greatly increase synchronisation time.)

As soon as users with access to tablet can help to test more on perfs i'll try to get better Smile
So no requests for the soon next version ?

Seems i lost most of my users here :'(
You haven't lost me. Smile
I would like to see better support in 800x480, huge clock in screensavers, random mode, web radio.

Another thing i thought about is to be able to use xbmc video plugins like Youtube plugin in Yatse.
Don't know if it possible at all.

Thanks.
At least there's one who speak SmileSmile

For this update there will be full 800*480 Support Smile
Random and clock are on their way for the release just after Smile

Can you please remember me what you mean / want with web radios ?

For XBMC plugins it won't be possible inside Yatse, you can just control them with the remote part Smile
Sounds Great.Smile

For the web radio part:
Not the most important but a nice feature.
In order to listen to web radio in xbmc i have something like 12 strm files which each one contains a link to the audio stream.
In xbmc i need to leave the library mode in order to play the strm file.
I would like that yatse would initiate playing the stream in the remote xbmc.
So from my point of view each user would need to build his own list of audio streams, being able to add an image to each radio station would be nice.
I guess you could even include the radio stations under genre mode, so less changes in design would needed.
I will send you a screen shot of the A-Z search. The tablet PC i plan to use this on doesn't release until next month now so its hard for me to really give any input on features until i can really try it out on a touch screen.
Hi,

for the next release it would be nice if the buttons could be a bit bigger. Actually on my screen it is not so easy to hit the "back" and the "play" button when browsing the library. It seems that there is enough space, so this would be nice.

Jörg
Hi Tolriq -

I have been using YATSE ever since you released version 2 ... I love it! I do wish the animations were a bit smoother on my machine, but I have YATSE and XBMC running... maybe too much for my older CPU.

anyway, i have 2 requests:

1) On doing the sort for movie view and TV shows, add a regex to ignore 'the" and 'a' at the beginning of titles, like XBMC does. It's strange when XBMC has a show "The Prisoner" sorted under 'P' but YATSE shows it under 'T'

2) add a grouping by season for tv shows. I have a lot of shows which have 3 or more seasons, and it is really tedious to scroll through the entire list to get to the next episode. I suggest adding some buttons to allow users to go right to "Season 2" or "season 3", etc.

on the tv show view this could be a small table to the right of the episode list. It could be applied as a filter - i.e.

* All Episodes
* Season 1
* Season 2

etc...

only suggestions - thanks so much for this!
Sorry for the lack of updates but my internet Box is down Sad

So next release is a little postponed until i get Internet Back Smile

@joeben : The touch zone for the button is much more important than the images themselves. For the trop left back button, all the black zone does the action. (Unless you have an very old version and haven't updated to build 117).
I've added a few pixels more in next release but there's no more room as touch zones are contiguous beetween buttons Smile
Check that your touch screen is well calibrated (on imon 7'' use a 800*600 resolution and not the 1024 that Windows tends to activate since it's not supported by the imon software and leave the screen really not precise)

@dhead : Will look for a way to add local streaming in Yatse but don't know how yet.

@sarcophage: For the speed, next versions will have lot's of improvement in this part, resizing and compressing images to reduce memory footprint and quicker load, more fluid animation by using some cache technic (Speed will always be better in 7 than XP no way to control this). And much more.
For the speed, you can disable XBMC image synchronisation when no playback so less cpu used when not viewing medias

For the sort tokens, for the moment not easy to do since i use the database wrapper to to the sorts to optimize speed, will see what i can do to add a sort by column but will be for the future.

For the seasons it's allready there but i left a bug in the Build 117 installer. if you had upgraded all versions if would work if you update your library, but a fresh 117 install does not create a table in the DB Smile It's corrected in next version.
sorry to hear about your internet being down! I am quite excited about the new release. Best of luck in getting new features working!

I'm confused about the item about the seasons though - I have been using YATSE for many versions now, and always update through the auto-updater. I have never seen anything about the tv seasons. My build 117 was not a fresh install... what can i do to check to enable this feature?

many thanks, as usual!
well normally theres nothing to do to activate. just refresh your media library. and if yatse detect more than one season it should add a season selection before the episode list Smile

to check you need to install a sqlite db util to read yatse db and check that there is a tvseasons table and data in it Smile

if the table is here and no data please force a refresh and upload the log after.
Ok sounds good - I will go d/l mysql workbench on this machine. I'll let you know what I find as soon as possible.

many thanks!
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5