• 30(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Well sorry, but maybe it's specific to your graphic card, i don't have his problem with my main setup with 7'' Imon and ATI graphic card.

Perhaps you can use a tool like powerstrip to force resolution and disable the auto detect
Just to follow up with Adam1234 - I have the exact same setup you describe, HDMI cable (from an HDMI port, not DVI), and a touchscreen - although my screen is 15"

I don't have this issue when I turn off my TV - perhaps your TV is doing something that cuts the signal to the HDMI cable as if it is unplugged. You may be able to find an AutoHotkey script or something similar that will address this for you.
Ok Tolriq - I have a bug to report. I'm not sure if it's an issue with Yatse, but I think so.

I recently re-installed my OS, and re-installed XBMC (v10). I just today re-installed Yatse, and I am having trouble with the Library refresh. I am getting the following error at the end of my log. Everything else seems in order, but the refresh just fails and then it hangs:

[22:10:30.7770] Yatse2 : End Refresh : Movies
[22:10:30.7840] Yatse2 : Start Refresh : TvShows
[22:10:30.7980] Yatse2Api-XDJ : DBCOMMAND : video - SELECT tvshow.idShow,tvshow.c00,tvshow.c01,tvshow.c04,tvshow.c05,tvshow.c08,tvshow.c12,tvshow.c13,tvshow.c14,path.strPath as strPath,counts.totalcount as totalCount FROM tvshow join tvshowlinkpath on tvshow.idShow=tvshowlinkpath.idShow join path on path.idpath=tvshowlinkpath.idPath left outer join ( select tvshow.idShow as idShow,count(1) as totalcount,count(files.playCount) as watchedcount from tvshow join tvshowlinkepisode on tvshow.idShow = tvshowlinkepisode.idShow join episode on episode.idEpisode = tvshowlinkepisode.idEpisode join files on files.idFile = episode.idFile group by tvshow.idShow) counts on tvshow.idShow = counts.idShow
[22:10:30.8450] Yatse2 : Remote TvShows : 72
[22:10:30.9510] Yatse2 : End Refresh : TvShows
[22:10:30.9540] Yatse2 : Start Refresh : TvSeasons
[22:10:30.9620] Yatse2Api-XDJ : DBCOMMAND : video - SELECT idShow, COUNT(idShow), c12, strPath,strTitle FROM episodeview GROUP BY idShow,c12
[22:10:31.0310] YatseApp : Error [ Input string was not in a correct format. ] ( System.FormatException )
StringToNumber : 0 / 0
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at Remote.XBMC.Dharma.Api.Xbmc.StringToNumber(String input)
at Remote.XBMC.Dharma.Api.XbmcVideoLibrary.GetTvSeasons()
at Yatse2.Yatse2Window.RefreshTvSeasonLibrary()
at Yatse2.Yatse2Window.RefreshLibrary()
at Yatse2.Yatse2Window.UpdateRemote()
at Yatse2.Yatse2Window.Timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

any thoughts?
Well it's a conversion error Smile

Please put Yatse in trace mode and upload the log in a new issue at Yatse website so i can investigate more.
Tolriq Wrote:Well it's a conversion error Smile

Please put Yatse in trace mode and upload the log in a new issue at Yatse website so i can investigate more.

Haha.. yes, well I got that far too Smile I wasn't sure if this was something you'd seen, or that I could clean up by doing a refresh/reset somewhere.

Anyway, i'll upload the log from trace mode -
A quick annoyance fix.
I'm running yatse and xbmc on the same machine.
I use yatse mainly for music, so i dont need xbmc maximized.
Three short lines of AutoIt script to open xbmc and yatse at once, while xbmc minimized, and kill xbmc when exiting yatse.
Code:
Run("C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe", "" , @SW_MINIMIZE )
RunWait( "D:\Downloads\Utils\Yatse2\Yatse2.exe")
WinClose ( "XBMC" )
You can do that without auto it with Windows 7 Smile

Just create a script.cmd and put this in it :
Quote:start /min "XBMC" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
start /wait "Yatse" "D:\Downloads\Utils\Yatse2\Yatse2.exe"
taskkill /IM xbmc.exe /T

Will put a wiki entrie with the idea and both solution Smile
Hi,

thanks for this awesome piece of software!

I just installed XBMC with the intention of developing a basic touch screen remote (select movie, play, volume control) for my touch enabled notebook to control my computer which is connected to my tv.

YATSE isnt just a basic way to control a media player (or complete media center) with a touch enabled computer but it has quite a lot cool features and it does look really cool (although basically i dont care how it looks but the movie browser with background images is really nice).

I have a few suggestion: Could you increase font size (This was already mentioned in this thread? I skimmed the last few pages.), the size of volume control and play slider? It would be nice if the browse view (e.g. movie view) had a dynamic scrolling/browsing option (scrolling faster with the hand/mouse will increase scrolling speed of the listed items)?

Best regards,

Andy
For the font and sliders yes it has been ask some times, but the problem is that yatse has two main target and the skining engine is very limited until i move to .Net 4.0

You can try to change things in the XAML files in the skin subdir to help suit your needs. When the skining engine is rewriten it'll be more easier to provide skins that can suit all users needs Smile

For the fast scroll you can use the letter drag / drop as mentionned in wiki, the dynamic 'iphone' scrolling will come back also when i move to .Net 4.0 and limit support to Windows 7 to have better OS touch functions.
sorry for the stupid question I have read through some of the pages but thought I would just ask. Can this be run wireless from a tablet over WIFI and also what do you guys recommend for the tablet pc.....
@ acesup_11
Yes it can be run wireless on a tablet, convertible or regular pc (ibm compatible ^^). The requirement is that the device is powered by windows (7, vista, ...) and you have the newest .NET framework 3.5 installed (should be pre-installed with at least 7 and perhaps vista, but you can find the download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads). In other words: linux, macos and tablet os e.g. android os can not run this software.

Regarding the recommended tablet pc ... I use my HP TM2 convertible but its not the best as it is to big and heavy. Besided that the wireless reception is bad if i use it in tablet mode.
The only manufactor who i am aware of in selling windows bases tablets (tablet pcs) for quite some time now is Archos. Here in germany you have to pay about 450 euro for their 9 inch device. Other manufactors e.g. MSI have some models upcomming, so just take a trip to your preferred search engine.

@ Tolriq
Thanks for your fast reply but your preset font and slider size is ok (but not great Wink ). I do understand the problem though.

By the way: i dont know if i want to call this "kinetic scrolling" with touch input 'iphone scrolling' as such features are available e.g. for mouse scrolling for years.
andy_0 Wrote:@ acesup_11
Yes it can be run wireless on a tablet, convertible or regular pc (ibm compatible ^^). The requirement is that the device is powered by windows (7, vista, ...) and you have the newest .NET framework 3.5 installed (should be pre-installed with at least 7 and perhaps vista, but you can find the download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads). In other words: linux, macos and tablet os e.g. android os can not run this software.

Regarding the recommended tablet pc ... I use my HP TM2 convertible but its not the best as it is to big and heavy. Besided that the wireless reception is bad if i use it in tablet mode.
The only manufactor who i am aware of in selling windows bases tablets (tablet pcs) for quite some time now is Archos. Here in germany you have to pay about 450 euro for their 9 inch device. Other manufactors e.g. MSI have some models upcomming, so just take a trip to your preferred search engine.

@ Tolriq
Thanks for your fast reply but your preset font and slider size is ok (but not great Wink ). I do understand the problem though.

By the way: i dont know if i want to call this "kinetic scrolling" with touch input 'iphone scrolling' as such features are available e.g. for mouse scrolling for years.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Do you guys think that a Fujitsu stylistic 3400 tablet might work for this? Let me know and thanks so much.
@acesup_11 : do you have a link about hardware specs ? since Yatse use 3D in WPF you need to have a Directx 9 compatible card (and if possible not an integrated intel 5100)

@andy_0 : The problem about scrolling is that the 3D Coverflow is not a standard control and since the size of the control change, the camera inside the coverflow also change between resolution, add to this calibration problems on touch screens and this generate really complex calculation to achieve a function useable at all resolution on all kind of touch screens Smile. .Net 4 and 7 have special touch function directly done for WPF and it's better Smile my tries with Yatse 1 to achieve this was a total failure since half of my users where saying it was unuaseable since not precise or reacting correctly.
[quote=Tolriq]@acesup_11 : do you have a link about hardware specs ? since Yatse use 3D in WPF you need to have a Directx 9 compatible card (and if possible not an integrated intel 5100)

It is Pentium 3 500 i think..... not very powerful...
what is the cheapest device that will run this well?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5