Strange Network Problem
hi all

like the new xboxmediacenter a lot  - really great job  :d  :d

a strange thing is that my streaming with linux as a server (ccxstream) sometimes doesn't work.

on my router i can browse directorys and go inside them and play a movie, on my fileserver (exactly the same ccxstream) i can browse the directories too, but only see empty directories, but films in the root dir will appear and play correctly.
with mediaplayer 2.4 both servers work perfect, so i'm quite sure the server-side is ok...

my fileserver has a capacity of > 1 terabyte, maybe is this a problem for xbmc ? - hm but shouldn't .... there are only about 10-20 films in each dir.

movies from cd-rom (iso9660) start playing and stop after 2-5 seconds   (toshiba 1712b) with xbmp they work (so drive and cd is ok)

ok that's all i had problems with so far but the rest is really nice :lol:  :d
ah sorry saw this in the bugs.txt list already, sorry for the xns-double post Smile
i noticed that the network problem with ccxstream and commandline arguments had disappeared from the bugs.txt on the latest releases. the last time i saw it was with the 16-oct release.

i was just wondering if this problem is still being worked on, because ccxstreaming (xbms) still doesn't work. at least not in my setup here.

the last time i tested it was with xbmc 26-oct cvs release, and ccxstream 1.0.15-win. i have also tested with the linux version of ccx-stream.

what happens is simply that xbmc will show the ccxstream mountpoint and the contents of the mountpoint (in my case a couple of dirs). but if i recurse into these directories xbmc only shows an empty dir.

as i myself prefer ccxstream and the xbms protocol i would greatly appreciate if this problem was fixed.

keep up the excellent work. i like where this is heading! :-)
i can also confim that this happens. this post however may be pointless, but since i cannot find the mention bugs.txt, i don't know....
--jaga
no reply from the developers on this one?

is this problem being prioritized, or forgotten? i know you guys have other bugs to address too, but it would be reassuring to hear if this bugreport was heard Smile
we read all bugreports and i think the devs add them to their todo list. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Network Problem0