[WINDOWS] Very low video FPS with DVDPlayer on Windows 7 x64?
Hello everyone, I have a big problem with playing any video, I run XBMC on Windows 7 x64 with the default player (DVDPlayer) but the framerate playback is really ridiculous, we speak of 12 FPS for a few seconds and then freeze completely .

I just installed XBMC r27293 and nVidia 196.21 drivers but unfortunately are days that will not solve anything.

Can anyone help me or run XBMC under Windows 7 x64?

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/d428025cf

I'm using XBMC on the ATV and I loved it but I can not have the same Media Center with Windows 7 Sad

Please help me... Thanks
(i'm neither a developer nor a debug log expert, please no one shoot me if i say a stupid thing)

From your log, it says that you use Aeon skin, have you tried another skin to see if it changes anything?
Also it looks like you have a dual display setup with the desktop on 1st @ 1440x900 & xbmc on the 2nd screen @ 1080p? Unless you enable true fullscreen in xbmc setup (which will prevent you from using the other display at the same time and use the auto refresh rate feature) you're bound to experience slowdowns. Sad

And what is your graphic card, is it some integrated graphic thing or an external one?
Dual screen setup - HDMI/TV (sound on Digital Audio toslink) - DVI/PC Monitor
AMD PII 955 (3.2GHz) - 4GB DDR3 - Geforce GT 240 - Win7 x64
Hello, and thanks for your reply, my video card is a nvidia GTS 250 512MB clearly external. I tried to change skins and set the auto refresh and true full screen but no the FPS are 9 until the complete crash of XBMC.

I do not know what to try Sad
Looks like an issue with audio playback according to the log.
I think I've solved and in fact I think the problem was due to audio.

This is my log if anything were to be used to solve some problems:

http://pastebin.com/d440827e6

Thanks to all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Very low video FPS with DVDPlayer on Windows 7 x64?0