• 16(current)
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter
no its nothing to do with gfx card I think its more the operating system as it seems to be a windows based problem.
anyone else noticed this on a windows system ?

thanks
Yes meridius, I have noticed this on every Windows OS with every version of XBMC up until 12.2.

Question is, is it fixed in Kodi?, or does XBMC/Kodi still stutter after resume from standby?

Can anyone confirm?

Per
I can just confirm that it doesn't stutter anymore when you leave Kodi running all the time, like XBMC did. I can't confirm that the standby issue is repaired too, since I never use standby mode.

I'm thinking it was the same issue either leaving it running all the time and it stutters and putting it to standby then after a while it stutters. I'd guess it had something to do with the new FFmpeg video codec.
Ok, thanks Skram,

So we are not sure that "resume from standby"-stutter is fixed in Kodi then?

Have you the opportunity to test resume from standby?

regards

Per
All these years go by and the same bug is still present...
Really, still there?

After struggling for years, my fix was to install OpenELEC, and no stutters after standby.

Per
Yeah I wish I could use openelec, but I use this pc for many other things as well...

I have installed Kodi Launcher for now. At least that will kill kodi on sleep and relaunch it when waked.
My Kodi has just started stuttering when I play a video. It is very annoying as I cannot watch anything. This happens all the time even when I reboot?
Well, I think that is another matter.

This thread is about stutter after a Windows computer has awakened from standby.

Per
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter5