• 5(current)
Theater Pack for Nuka1195's "Home Theater Experience" and "Cinema Experience" Scripts
SlaveUnit Wrote:Your tar is 4gb and the txt listing does not seem to have everything. I don't think taring over raring is going to compress another 2gb. I would just hold off on posting this because I am going to redo the MEGA Pack here shortly. I have more now plus people don't need my Fox intro.

I didn't "tar over rar" I unrar'ed them and let my tousenet.sh script do its work. Then I made a .tar of everything and put that up for download.
darkscout Wrote:If is this the same thing that was on the torrent, it's now mirrored here:
http://exstatic.org/262/XBMC_Home_Theate...rience.tar
File List Here: http://exstatic.org/263/XBMC_Home_Theate...rience.txt
Mainly because of my utter distain for MegaUpload and the fact that the torrent took nearly 3 days to finish.

For those with Usenet (I've never done anything less than maxed out my internet connection with Usenet):
http://exstatic.org/264/XBMC_Home_Theate...rience.nzb

The torrent took a long time as I was the only one seeding until the initial upload to the first bunch of downloaders had completed the initial downloads. After that if people keep the downloads available, things speed up significantly, often by an order of magnitude or more. I like torrents as I can start it up and forget about it.

It is great that you have the free or low cost hosting with unlimited access. Mine caps the total transfer so it isn't a good solution.

Personally I use Usenet alot but it isn't as popular as torrents, thus not as widely used.

Take Care
darkscout Wrote:I didn't "tar over rar" I unrar'ed them and let my tousenet.sh script do its work. Then I made a .tar of everything and put that up for download.

I didnt mean over in that way I meant as in tar vs rar. In fact I didnt think using tar compressed at all.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
ijourneaux Wrote:The torrent took a long time as I was the only one seeding until the initial upload to the first bunch of downloaders had completed the initial downloads. After that if people keep the downloads available, things speed up significantly, often by an order of magnitude or more. I like torrents as I can start it up and forget about it.

It is great that you have the free or low cost hosting with unlimited access. Mine caps the total transfer so it isn't a good solution.

Personally I use Usenet alot but it isn't as popular as torrents, thus not as widely used.

Take Care

Yea, I'm a perpetual seed for the torrent myself now that it's out in the wild. So, there's at least 50kB/s always on for downloading there just from me.

One of the items that I wanted to do with the torrent (and I made a torrent for, but was having problems getting it announced due to NAT setup), is that if we decided to torrent the unpacked files, you could use the client to pick and choose which files to download rather than having to download the rar's and open them up to see what you get.

For example, I don't care about certain intros, ads, etc. I just care about trivia, ratings, and feature presentation intros. I only need ~1.5GB of the 5.6GB I have downloaded from various places. If we torrented the unpacked files, I could pick and choose which i wanted to download.

There's not a good way to add files to an already seeding torrent though, which can be an issue...but if everyone seeded torrents of their files with "XBMC Cinema Experience" somewhere in the torrent file name, you'd get a whole listing with all the files in it laid out nicely for perusal before downloading.

new trivia

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33Z2KER9
Thanks icky, these continue to be great.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Thanks icky, these continue to be great.

Gotta start cooking now as its 20:30 here in old blighty but this is a new one i just knocked up.... took quite some work but think it looks sweet!

icky Wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33Z2KER9

Apparently you get 'points' for forcing people to jump through hoops to download stuff.
icky wants his points, he made the download, so click on the above link.

I unfortunately can't remove the binary from usenet that got posted in alt.binaries.boneless.
darkscout Wrote:Apparently you get 'points' for forcing people to jump through hoops to download stuff.
icky wants his points, he made the download, so click on the above link.

I unfortunately can't remove the binary from usenet that got posted in alt.binaries.boneless.

Your shitty attitude sure isn't earning you any points. I'm not sure where this "l33t" rich boy attitude comes from, but please take it elsewhere. I've never heard anyone else complain about clicking on a page and waiting 45 seconds. You seem to be the only one with this problem.
This is the PM i sent to Darkscout

"hey bud, dont mind people having mirrors, but as the slides have taken me hours so far, i really could do with the megaupload points.....

any chance you could edit your post and just say that people might want to download from megaupload in order to "donate" to my work?

Kind Regards

Nick "

As it clearly states, i have no problem with mirrors guys, its just the fact that each slide takes it a little while to make and even though i am doing it for my own pleasure, i do have a social life!! Big Grin

if you look on the AVS forum, people charge for making slides..... i am not charging as i feel that its not really in the "community" thinking.

I hope that clears up Darkscout's post as it appears to shed me in the light of a "Points" grabbing ogre! LOL!

anyway, will make a ton of new slides tonight as have about 8 hours free.

any requestsHuh
icky Wrote:any requestsHuh

Well I personally like the q&a trivia so that would be my request. Any movie will do.

Thanks for all your great work. I don't get people complaining about things you do for free. Just remember that everybody else loves your work.
icky Wrote:any requestsHuh

Back to the Future and Jurassic Park would be awesome...

are there more slides somewhere around?
Have taken a look at the avs, but as stated before, people are charging...

cheers,
Max

EDIT: Forget about the part with more slides...found them...sometimes I´m blind...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Back to the Future and Jurassic Park would be awesome...

are there more slides somewhere around?
Have taken a look at the avs, but as stated before, people are charging...

cheers,
Max

EDIT: Forget about the part with more slides...found them...sometimes I´m blind...

Did you get the pixar and meedios ones listed in the first post here?

EDIT: Sorry didn't catch your EDIT.
icky Wrote:This is the PM i sent to Darkscout

"hey bud, dont mind people having mirrors, but as the slides have taken me hours so far, i really could do with the megaupload points.....

any chance you could edit your post and just say that people might want to download from megaupload in order to "donate" to my work?

Kind Regards

Nick "

As it clearly states, i have no problem with mirrors guys, its just the fact that each slide takes it a little while to make and even though i am doing it for my own pleasure, i do have a social life!! Big Grin

if you look on the AVS forum, people charge for making slides..... i am not charging as i feel that its not really in the "community" thinking.

I hope that clears up Darkscout's post as it appears to shed me in the light of a "Points" grabbing ogre! LOL!

anyway, will make a ton of new slides tonight as have about 8 hours free.

any requestsHuh

That's funny I never even knew there was a real points system for megaupload.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Did you get the pixar and meedios ones listed in the first post here?

Yeah, got that one...nice stuff...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theater Pack for Nuka1195's "Home Theater Experience" and "Cinema Experience" Scripts1