• 5(current)
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns
ArtVandelae Wrote:Again, the videos currently giving the DXVA decoder problems are not out-of-spec clips that push decoders to their limits, but standard blu-ray compliant clips that play on everything including a Blu-Ray player, a Broadcom card, the PS3/360 and any other consumer devices that do hardware decoding. Trying to play a video with too many reference frames on an ATI card (like the Quantum of Solace trailer) just gives you garbled, yet visible, video, not the solid green screen that many clips show in XBMC on both Nvidia and ATI cards.

Well then , for the clips you are refering to (the ones with the all - green screen) , it's up to the xbmc-team to figure it out. As far as for the clips with green artifacts , this is ati's problem . To my personal experience , i have only seen clips with green artifacts related to ati's limitation . I haven't seen the all - green screen you are refering to . And by the way , catalyst 10.1 doesn't seem to solve the limitation - problem
Elis Wrote:I

- ATI is corrently limited by the number of refrence frames. I think the last catalyst driver fixed that.

Are there any ATI settings we should be looking at? I am running the 10.1 Catalyst drivers and am seeing the green pixels on certain files.
indy5 Wrote:Are there any ATI settings we should be looking at? I am running the 10.1 Catalyst drivers and am seeing the green pixels on certain files.

Unfortunately not . There is absolutely nothing that can be done . Not a registry hack , not a change in the catalyst control center not anything else. This limitation is imprinted in the drivers . I assume that some guys , like the ones that were working in ati's modded drivers , like omega drivers , could do something about it . But then again , most of these projects died months ago .
The only thing i assume we have to do , is to wait.. .. Or to buy a nvidia card!
Interesting observation about the ATI Driver producing the Green Screens.

With my ATI HD 4350 based HTPC, XBMC produces a Green Screen with any 1080p DXVA enabled material.

On the other hand with the same gfx card, The Boxee Beta plays back everything 1080p just fine with DXVA enabled, including direct ripped Blu-ray streams (str)

My other system which has a nVidia GTX 9800, both xbmc and Boxee play just fine though xbmc exhibits the green screen for a few seconds into a movie.
Yeah, I've had my 4670 for over a year now and this is the first time in any DXVA/2 application that I've seen any green whatsoever (other than a flash when the display is initialized).

That being said, I'm probably going to move to an nVidia card when I replace this one anyways.
AzzX Wrote:Interesting observation about the ATI Driver producing the Green Screens.

With my ATI HD 4350 based HTPC, XBMC produces a Green Screen with any 1080p DXVA enabled material.

On the other hand with the same gfx card, The Boxee Beta plays back everything 1080p just fine with DXVA enabled, including direct ripped Blu-ray streams (str)

My other system which has a nVidia GTX 9800, both xbmc and Boxee play just fine though xbmc exhibits the green screen for a few seconds into a movie.

I'm getting green screens on both of my nVidia based 'puters - one is a Zotac Ionitx, the other a GeForce 9500 GT. Seems to happen only with MKV's at this point. M2TS and DVD VOB's play fine. This occurs when DXVA is set in video settings. On automatic, it doesn't happen...

EDIT - title should say Green Screens on nVidia too
Tested this on my game/work pc, quad 6600 ati 4890 no problem at all, win7 64bit
Tested on my htpc E8400 nvida 9400GT on-board gfx, spdif out no problem at all, win7 32bit

Subs embedded in mkv working and browsed sub/srt subtitles in rar/zip archives working.

At this point everything i tested tonight was working Big Grin

Thax a lot Smile
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro - Onkyo TX-NR696 - LG OLED 65B9 - DS411J - SMB server@win10
amdmannen Wrote:Tested this on my game/work pc, quad 6600 ati 4890 no problem at all, win7 64bit
I have an E8400 and an ATI 4890. Win7 64 bit and the last build from today gave me so many problems, even without using DXVA that I downgraded. What driver version are you using for the 4890?
I played several 1080p and 720p h264 videos without any issue. But when I just now tried to play the lastest video from the TED video podcast [1] I had an all green screen instead of the actual video. Video is reported as

D(VIDEO: H264, YUV420P, 432x240 [PAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 364 KB/S)

Since this is a video from a freely available podcast it should make it a bit easier for the developers to test the issue.

Debug log is available here: http://pastebin.com/m10260785

My graphics card is a XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition (216 cores) and I am running driver 196.21 on Windows 7 Profession x64.

[1] JamieHeywood_2009P.mp4
ashlar Wrote:I have an E8400 and an ATI 4890. Win7 64 bit and the last build from today gave me so many problems, even without using DXVA that I downgraded. What driver version are you using for the 4890?

Have this:

Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro - Onkyo TX-NR696 - LG OLED 65B9 - DS411J - SMB server@win10
No video at all on Win 7 x64 + Ati 5750 10.1. I get just a black screen for all 720p, 1080p mkv h264 files. Only thing that works are SD movies. Itried 20+ different movies in HD an none of them works - just black screen with sound and subtitles. GUI is ok. Any idea where is the problem?
chumaj001 Wrote:No video at all on Win 7 x64 + Ati 5750 10.1. I get just a black screen for all 720p, 1080p mkv h264 files. Only thing that works are SD movies. Itried 20+ different movies in HD an none of them works - just black screen with sound and subtitles. GUI is ok. Any idea where is the problem?

same here apart from im on windows 7 x86 + ati 4670 so iv gone back to the dsplayer, the only issues i have is it does not play avi's correctly due to a bug in the mpcvideodec but dvdplayer takes care of them nicely and no sub's but they'll come in time then all will be well Nod
Note to self: postpone suicide.

Fantastic work, chaps. Can't thank you enough.

NS
So I did some testing of MP4 videos to see if I could understand why some work and others don't. I took a recent TV episode and compressed it using RipBot264 with the following x264 profile:

--level 3.1 --vbv-bufsize 1000 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --no-cabac --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --no-mixed-refs --bframes 0 --b-adapt 0 --no-weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 0 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --no-8x8dct --me umh --weightp 0 --profile baseline

This file would playback the video with a green screen. So I changed to this profile:

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --direct auto --subme 7 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 1 --partitions all --me umh --weightp 2

This file played fine. Now I am no video wizard by a long shot, but could the baseline profile be the problem?

Update: I made another file using the original 3.1 profile, but turning on CABAC to make it Main Profile and it still played with a green screen. I then turned back off CABAC and turned on 8x8DCT making the file High Profile and it played without a problem.

Update: I took the Level 4.0 profile that worked previously and turned off 8x8DCT and the resulting file played with a green screen. Evidently, 8x8DCT is what is affecting playback. That said, I haven't the faintest idea what that means in terms of fixing the problem...
Sony 75X940C, Yamaha RX-A3050, 2 x Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 1 x Martin Logan Motion 50XT, 2 x Martin Logan Motion FX, 4 x Martin Logan Motion 4, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, Sony X800 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield TV
Plex Server: Intel Skull Canyon NUC, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro
NAS: Synology DS2415+ (5 x 10TB, 2 x 6TB, 5 x 4TB)
I encode all my files using x264 to main profile and mux into mp4 / m4v and mine are all green so I don't think it's the profile. Must be something else...

FWIW, my x264 command line looks like:

Code:
%x264% --pass 2 --bitrate %bitrate% --stats ".\scratch\.stats" --profile main --level 3.1 --bframes 3 --weightb --subme 7 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --vbv-bufsize 3500 --vbv-maxrate 4900 --me umh --merange 12 --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --output .\scratch\recodedvideo.264 .\avsscripts\anamorphicdvd.avs
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns2