How to find my files on my network???
Hi all, finally got a bigger newer harddrive for those that have seen my other thread so im having another crack at setting it up.

My question this time is how do I set up my main computer to share files to my "slave" computer that has live on it and then how do I link to the files on live??

Previously I could see the files via upnp when I had XBMC with XP on the slave computer now however with just the live setup I cant anymore so can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Craig
Can you see the shares on your main computer through smb?
---------
XBMC for Linux (running as Media Server), XBMC for Xbox (running in lounge via WiFi), XBMC for Windows (running in Office & Bedroom), XBMC Live (currently playing with WiFi config to run in bedroom)
It is probably fair to say that with these different configurations in each room... I piss my wife off a little! :no:
vknutt Wrote:Can you see the shares on your main computer through smb?

I can see them in XBMC on the main PC im not sure what smb is sorry.
I have LIVE running on an Acer Revo which connects to use media stored on my XP PC.

Share the folders on the PC where the content (video, audio, etc.) is located; I've permissioned the shares to only be accessible from a single account on the PC (you have to specify the ID & password in LIVE as you're connecting to the share) but I don't think you have to do it that way.

Then, from the LIVE box, simply add a new SMB network share and browse to the PC that has the content. LIVE will start off by showing you your workgroup name (if it's Windows), then the NETBios computer names in the group, then the individual shares on each host.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to find my files on my network???0