[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items
Livin Wrote:so we ask for things that make it easier for kids/friends/wives/family members to use.

Yes, exactly. I'm always swapping skins trying to find the most user-friendly one for my wife and visitors. Surprisingly, this has been a bit difficult. For most skins, I don't understand why it's so hard just to put a small left arrow or down arrow on the screen simply to show that additional options are available if you push those arrow buttons. Otherwise people haven't got a clue. I have had to give up on some skins previously solely because of this reason.

I'm going to try and add an icon to the homescreen with the instructions in this thread, but as Hitcher said, it'd be great if XBMC can support this natively.
I'm currently using BIG Alaska as it is easier to read and has themes/colors that make it easier to read. I have mod'd Home2 - added new options, changes icons, changed text size so it fits on screen better, etc...

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
id love to add more to the default view main menu. submenus work, but the main menu is the way i want to go.
thesuffering Wrote:id love to add more to the default view main menu. submenus work, but the main menu is the way i want to go.

This is now possible.
Hitcher Wrote:This is now possible.

details? do i need the most recent xbmc nightly + most recent alaska revision?

edit:

just updated, works great. i love it!
-----

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items0