• 1(current)
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?
Lightbulb 
netflix plugin for mce2005: my netflix mce 2005 plug-in

life doesn't get any easier for netflix subscribers who own a new media center edition 2005 pc. ryan hurst of http://www.unmitigatedrisk.com (the guys who brought you my dvd collection) has just released the my netflix mce plug-in that enables netflix subscribers to login and manage their queue, check their rental history, review suggestions and new releases, view top 100 or top 25 rentals by genre along with other functions through a 10-foot tv interface. so the next time you're watching tv and see a commercial for an upcoming dvd release, pop over to my netflix and added it to your queue.

my netflix is available for free, but if you're going to download the plug-in, give ryan and the other developers a little support via a paypal donation for their efforts – my weather and my recipes for your enhanced media center experience are also available.
i saw this plugin for beyond tv that i thought was interesting, so i'm posting a link here. it seems like a nice interface for managing a netflix queue.
kind of cool, i don't think there is a huge use for it but why not right?
nuff said
yeah, i don't even use netflix, but i just posted it in case there are any netflix addicts out there who would be interested.
Dont know if it is possible because Netflix uses its own player for their new online movie viewer but it would be really cool.
If this could be done it would be awesome. You'd basically have a new on demand video library.
read up on drm. i betcha it applies here.
I am not sure if this is the correct place to request this feature but, having Netflix's Watch Now feature embedded into XBMC would be very cool.

Any thoughts?
See spiff's response directly above yours.
Before I found the wonderful world of XBMC, I was using a program for TiVo called Galleon. (http://galleon.sourceforge.net) It basically runs a "server" piece on a pc that connects to the TiVo and allows for access to mp3, pics, internet content, etc. through the tivo. There was a plugin called Movie Rentals (http://sourceforge.net/projects/movierentals/)that gave a nice interface to Netflix and/or Blockbuster queues, new movies, etc. Is anyone up for making something similar for XBMC? If I was any good at scripting, I'd give it a shot....I'm just a lowly network engineer. Laugh
I second that request!

All in favor say ‘Yea’.

Netflix does support Rss feeds that you can have the XBMC read.

Not the same, but close.
Would be nice. But as an RSS feed only I would skip it. I dont care about just seeing new arrivals and my queue I want to be able to select items to my queue, move my queue around, etc. The movie rentals plugin does all that.

Smile
I agree... NETFLIX script for the xbmc would be sweet!
Yes, PLEASE develop a way to get "Netflix's Watch Now" on XBMC! Nod

XBMC has an internet connection (at least mine does) and is connected to a HDTV.

Netflix streams movies to a PC, and plays them in Internet Exploer..

Seems like a small leap to get that to happen in XBMC.

Any ideas?
I would definitely use a script like this...even if it was just for managing my queue...but the watch now would be cool if they're not using DRM...which they probably are, which sucks Huh
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?0