• 13(current)
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?
As I indicated earlier, that's essentially completely useless if you want actual playback of video. What you need is the webkit "player" which is embedded in the closed-source portion of Plex.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

if you want to try the one i've been working on, see this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=658...stcount=24

pm me or reply in that thread with feedback, keep in mind it's a work in progress
Has there been any attempt to get the Boxee Netflix app working on XBMC?

Where might I start if it hasn't?
Nope - I think you'll find that it's primarily just displaying a browser.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Nope - I think you'll find that it's primarily just displaying a browser.

Which XBMC can do too: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...nal_player

JR
jmarshall Wrote:Nope - I think you'll find that it's primarily just displaying a browser.

Way more than just a web browser.

I could be wrong, but I'll bet that displaying the content is an API call
And playing it back, is a browser

In XBMC Flicks (the plugin for Netflix for XBMC), that's How I did it. That plugin has just been released for Windows and OSX, Linux can't play the files (due to DRM in Silverlight not being available in Linux)

The calls to get the content in the plugin for Netflix, uses API calls to get the information and playback links to a browser that uses silverlight

I just downloaded Boxee and played around with their integrated netflix setup for the most part i liked it however i like XBMC even more. I know there is an addon already in works for Netflix.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=netflix

However, my question is, are there any plans on integrating netflix into XBMC in a way like the xbox, ps3 and even the wii. instead Further increasing the Media experiance with watching streaming videos of movies you havnt yet ripped Tongue

I did do a quick search to see if somebody had already added this question and came up with nothing if it had and i missed it I apologize in advance.

Thanks
What is wrong with an Add-On?

Since Netflix can't play on Linux, I don't see a reason for support beyond that.

poofyhairguy Wrote:What is wrong with an Add-On?

Since Netflix can't play on Linux, I don't see a reason for support beyond that.

I think an add-on would be great if it didn't have to drop out of XBMC and play from IE. It's not a huge deal, but it's not seamless and makes using a remote control really difficult. It would be great if the add-on could play directly within XBMC using its player and present the appropriate OSD that comes with the selected skin, albeit in a limited fashion as Netflix's video control is limited by its nature.

The above linked add-on is really close, I think.
apt-get install ie

I can't seem to find IE. Maybe if you give more info the devs might be able to integrate it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I thought there was a Silverlight compatible program in Linux?
avus m3 Wrote:I thought there was a Silverlight compatible program in Linux?

Yes, but Moonlight (Linux's Silverlight) lacks the DRM needed for Netflix to bless the platform with support.

In fact, the Boxee Box shows that Netflix will do almost ANYTHING to keep their library away from us Linux hackers.

darkscout Wrote:apt-get install ie

I can't seem to find IE. Maybe if you give more info the devs might be able to integrate it.

I have a feeling apt-get install ie isn't going to work...

My stomach tells me he is talking about Micro$oft IE.
Or, perhaps, I shouldn't have eaten that huge tuna fillet.

Big Grin

hudo
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?0